DCS user folder - how to change location?

Jinker

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Unfortunately that does not answer my question. That thread shows how to create additional user folder in Saved Games. What I would like to do is, instead, have my user folder somewhere else than in Saved Games.

Sorry I misunderstood your question ... DCS will always create its user folder on Saved Games, but once created you can move it somewhere else and then put a hard link to that location.

For example, lets asume that your DCS' user folder is at \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ and you want to move it to drive D:\

The first step is move the folder DCS.openbeta to D, you will end up with a D:\DCS.openbeta folder and on Saved Games there should be no folder with that name.

The next step is to open a command windows (by running cmd.exe) and then navigate to C:\Users\your user\saved games

Finally, run this command: MKLINK /J DCS.openbeta D:\DCS.openbeta

This will create a link on saved games, that looks like a DCS.openbeta folder, but its actually a link to D:\DCS.openbeta

Best regards

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sorry I misunderstood your question ... DCS will always create its user folder on Saved Games, but once created you can move it somewhere else and then put a hard link to that location.

For example, lets asume that your DCS' user folder is at \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ and you want to move it to drive D:\

The first step is move the folder DCS.openbeta to D, you will end up with a D:\DCS.openbeta folder and on Saved Games there should be no folder with that name.

The next step is to open a command windows (by running cmd.exe) and then navigate to C:\Users\your user\saved games

Finally, run this command: MKLINK /J DCS.openbeta D:\DCS.openbeta

This will create a link on saved games, that looks like a DCS.openbeta folder, but its actually a link to D:\DCS.openbeta

Best regards

Thanks mate!

High jinks!