A-10C Keyboard Command List

SinandGrin

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing the old key commands list to Beta 3's, I found a few new categories that appeared.

LASTE Control Panel

Electrical power control panel

Fuel system control panel

Emergency flight control panel

Circuit breaker panel

Intercom control panel

Auxiliary lighting control panel

UHF Radio

CDU panel

UFC

CMSP Panel

CMSC Panel

Lighting Panel

Armament HUD Control Panel

Landing gear panel

Navigation Mode Select Panel

TACAN Control Panel

ILS Control Panel

HARS Control Panel

Stall Warning Control Panel

VHF FM Radio Control Panel

Environment System Panel

Fire Extinguishers System

Left MFCD

Right MFCD

Stability Augmentation System

Now when I went into the sim's options menu, all keyboards commands, I only saw a few of these new categories. Not sure why the rest didn't appear. Also not sure if those that don't appear on the options screen if we can just copy them to a input device like the leo board's lua to make them functional. If so, that'd be great as it means now many panels can be made functional if you have the input hardware for them. We'd have to verify and test them.

Good news guys. Ok I said earlier that only a few panels now appear in the Options/Control panel. If you have some input hardware like a leo board, it will appear as a column as BU0836 in the key assignment screen. Just select the desired category in the drop down list, find your function, then select the JOY button. This is the simple part. It works. Since the LASTE panel exists in the drop down, I selected that category, then the AAP engage/disengage function, then assigned to JOY BTN 12 on my BU0836. Fired up the sim and went into training to verify. Pushing down my push button wired to the leo board is mirrored in the sim. Cool!

Now the more interesting part. What about the many functions added to the keyboard.lua (which is now twice in file size in beta 3) that don't appear in the control panel for button assignment? I learned this from Kuky (thanks Dude!). Here are the steps again.

1. Connect your input hardware. eg. BU0836. Fire up the sim. Let it detect the hardware. It'd add a file eg. BU0836 Interface {F92F83B0-DB0E-11df-8001-444553540000}.lua to the path \config\aircrafts\joystick. When you edit it later you'd have to give write rights else you can't save.

2. Go to the adjacent folder 'keyboard' next to the joystick folder, open up the keyboard.lua. Make a backup copy. Even though you won't be editing this file I found out that when I make changes to the BU0836.lua this got changed somehow. Once inside, choose a function you want, say you want to test the oxygen indicator test button in the environment panel, which doesn't exist in the key assignment window yet.

You look for it and copy it from the keyboard.lua and paste it to the bottom of the bu0836 lua file. eg

[789] =

{

["up"] = 1505,

["name"] = "Oxygen Indicator Test",

["category"] = "Environment System Panel",

["down"] = 1505,

}, -- end of [789]

3. you add the section in red. If you have a physical button button wired to joy button 12 in the leo board (verify which joy buton in the windows joystick controller control panel), then below is JOY_BTN12. I assume you know how to wire the leo board pins!

[789] =

{

["combos"] =

{

[1] =

{

["key"] = "JOY_BTN12",

["reformers"] =

{

},

-- end of ["reformers"]

},

-- end of [1]

},

-- end of ["combos"]

["up"] = 1505,

["name"] = "Oxygen Indicator Test",

["category"] = "Environment System Panel",

["down"] = 1505,

}, -- end of [789]

4. Save the bu0836 lua file.

5. Launch the sim again. Go in and press you push button. The sim will do likewise!

Note: the stuff in red will the same for all toggle/push button functions, except change your joy button number. I can't say it'd work for the more complicated pots/encoders, rotary switches etc. I tested it again for the VHF AM panel load button. Worked like a charm.

Note: once you do the above, the category you added now appears in the drop down list.

Conclusion: now we have hundreds more switch functions to use compared to the original keyboard.lua. Thanks ED! Even if you can't find the category or the switch function in the key assignment screen, as long as you can find it in the beta 3 keyboard.lua file, do the steps above, copy and paste into the joystick input file, in this case the bu0836.lua, then add the section in red and watch the switches come alive! This is really awesome. The only problem is I don't have my OC cards yet!

I tested push buttons in three different panels and all worked!

Go hook up some buttons and enjoy!

And thanks Kuky!

• Like 3

Thanks Blaster. :thumbup:

Thanks Blaster I like that pdf file but right now I have to unistall the A10C only cause setup:EXE is corrupt.After days of downloads and endup on that.

Only find out today when try to download Beta 3.

Anyone have this problem ?Or know what caused the problem?

Very appreciate any information about this problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

FYI JetBlaster, they are coming out with a enhanced Patch3, unknown when, they just said ASAP. I think everyone is just working around the issues for now. I know they have got their plate full so hide and watch is the best thing for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

FYI JetBlaster, they are coming out with a enhanced Patch3, unknown when, they just said ASAP. I think everyone is just working around the issues for now. I know they have got their plate full so hide and watch is the best thing for now.

Eh?? Do you have a link to where this has been officially announced??

Pretty sure that "enhanced" beta 3 patch is already out. They needed to fix some install issues, not any key mapping things. No new features, just installs without problems.

Yes, this is where the confusion arises and is what prompted my original response. In my mind thereis no "enhanced" version of beta 3 as far as I'm aware? (I'd be super-happy to be corrected though! ;) ) Are you refering to the client aka "Full Install"?

As far as I know there are only two versions of beta 3:

1, Patch:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2364&scr=products&lang=en

2, Client ("Full"):

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=products&end_pos=135&lang=en

I thought the "Full" version was just all of the patches in one handy install + the June 2010 dx9 redistributable. I don't think there is anything "enhanced" about it is there?

Is there a 3rd option that I don't know about??

Edited by CrashEd

Hey thanks for the instructions Rocketeer. I just installed the new "full" beta 3. Any idea why I'm failing the first step quoted below? No {F92...etc.} file ever shows up in \config\aircrafts\joystick, even though I can fly a mission without the sim crashing now. My Budnar card is connected, I even unplugged and plugged it back and rebooted and checked in device manager - it's definitely there and I can even assign switches to it in the options menu.

1. Connect your input hardware. eg. BU0836. Fire up the sim. Let it detect the hardware. It'd add a file eg. BU0836 Interface {F92F83B0-DB0E-11df-8001-444553540000}.lua to the path \config\aircrafts\joystick.

Come to think of it my Warthog , my pedals or my MFDs don't get a config file there either. They used to, before I uninstalled everything and ran CCleaner just to be sure.

Any :helpsmilie:would be appreciated.

Edited by LeLv30_Superbus
I solved my problem

Thanks lots Yoni63 I realy like to have this new patch 3. Ilove those DCS and FCS games.

Thanks again bro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks rocketeer. I had two toggles hooked up to Master and Gun and working in about 5 minutes (I stole the switch panel off of my C172 pit). This is awesome! Thank you ED for making life easier for pit builders!

Here is my lua snippet that uses joystick buttons 41 and 42 from my controller:

[260] =
{
   ["combos"] = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           ["key"] = "JOY_BTN41",
           ["reformers"] = 
           {
           }, 
           -- end of ["reformers"]
       }, 
       -- end of [1]
   }, 
   -- end of ["combos"]
   ["name"] = "Master switch ARM/SAFE",
   ["category"] = "Armament HUD Control Panel",
   ["down"] = 1373,
   ["up"] = 1374,
}, -- end of [260]

[261] = 
{
   ["combos"] = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           ["key"] = "JOY_BTN42",
           ["reformers"] = 
           {
           }, 
           -- end of ["reformers"]
       }, 
       -- end of [1]
   }, 
   -- end of ["combos"]
   ["name"] = "GUN/PAC switch ARM/SAFE",
   ["category"] = "Armament HUD Control Panel",
   ["down"] = 1376,
   ["up"] = 1377,
}, -- end of [261]

i7-950, 8GB DDR3, EVGA X58, GTX 460 SE 1GB, Win XP 64Bit, CH gear (stick, throttle, rudder pedals), TM Cougar MFDs

William Riley

http://workbench.freetcp.com

I can't save my profile in DCS 1-10 Warthog. I have changed many coma,nds/controls, but I can't save them or export or print them! How can I do? Also looking for a list of default commands to print...

Also please: I would like to assign Maverick targeting to my my joystick HOTAS control, but I can't seem to find the right settings.

You know? I would like to be able to target a ground object and lock it with my HOTAS controls...

What are the names of the HOTAS in this simulator?

"Always check your 6 o'clock if you want to live!"

Hi guys, after a couple hours I finished a list. This has everything in the game that is keybound by default commands.

See attatchment, it was an openoffice excel spreadsheet converted to .pdf. Hopefully there won't be too many errors, it was a fast draft, so much to type I didn't look it over too much, hope it helps you guys.

Merci beaucoup pour ton travail - Trиs prйcieux.

Thank you very much for your work - Very precious. :thumbup:

=75eme Lutetia=

Hey thanks for the instructions Rocketeer. I just installed the new "full" beta 3. Any idea why I'm failing the first step quoted below? No {F92...etc.} file ever shows up in \config\aircrafts\joystick, even though I can fly a mission without the sim crashing now. My Budnar card is connected, I even unplugged and plugged it back and rebooted and checked in device manager - it's definitely there and I can even assign switches to it in the options menu.

Come to think of it my Warthog , my pedals or my MFDs don't get a config file there either. They used to, before I uninstalled everything and ran CCleaner just to be sure.

Any :helpsmilie:would be appreciated.

Did you plug in the leo board first before running the sim? did you try reinstallingthe beta? I don't have the warthog or MFD so I can't comment on those. how many lua files do you see \config\aircrafts\joystick? Not sure if you are facing a bug. Have you gotten to leo board to work with other sims before like Lock On or BS? Do you see the leo board in the windows controller as a device? and when you press the buttons connect to it do they light up in the windows controller screen? first try to isolate and make sure each part is working. sorry these are all I can think of right now.

the 92... file is just an example. you system will generate a different number for each input device you plug in. if you can get any of the device you plug in to show up, then you can start putting in the stuff I showed earlier and then use the sim's controller screen to configure the buttons.

Note the beta install will have to sections in program files folder. one is x836 and the other 64 bit. if you can't find your config files try to the folder.

• 2 weeks later...
Comparing the old key commands list to Beta 3's, I found a few new categories that appeared.

LASTE Control Panel

Electrical power control panel

Fuel system control panel

Emergency flight control panel

Circuit breaker panel

Intercom control panel

Auxiliary lighting control panel

UHF Radio

CDU panel

UFC

CMSP Panel

CMSC Panel

Lighting Panel

Armament HUD Control Panel

Landing gear panel

Navigation Mode Select Panel

TACAN Control Panel

ILS Control Panel

HARS Control Panel

Stall Warning Control Panel

VHF FM Radio Control Panel

Environment System Panel

Fire Extinguishers System

Left MFCD

Right MFCD

Stability Augmentation System

Now when I went into the sim's options menu, all keyboards commands, I only saw a few of these new categories. Not sure why the rest didn't appear. Also not sure if those that don't appear on the options screen if we can just copy them to a input device like the leo board's lua to make them functional. If so, that'd be great as it means now many panels can be made functional if you have the input hardware for them. We'd have to verify and test them.

I take it there hasn't been any full keyboard command lists available yet for the new Beta3 additions? I use Xpadder to add keyboard functions via two XBOX controllers- and I need keyboard commands to program them.

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.

what is the key command to open and close the airbrakes?

Is it really easier to ask here and then wait X long for a response, instead of just looking in the options screen? :huh:

Speed brakes are controlled by a three-position switch on the HOTAS. In the middle position the brakes stay where they are. While the switch is held in the forward position (LShift+B) the brakes extend; in the aft position (LCtrl+B) the brakes retract.

The real switch is spring-loaded in the forward (extend) position so it returns to center when released, but locks in the aft (retract) position. With the keyboard commands, it's a simple case of "while LShift+B is held, the brakes will extend" and "while LCtrl+B is held, the brakes will retract".

I take it there hasn't been any full keyboard command lists available yet for the new Beta3 additions?

Most of the commands don't have default keybindings, so if you want to use them you'll need to configure them yourself.

• Like 1

Most of the commands don't have default keybindings, so if you want to use them you'll need to configure them yourself.

I don't own this sim yet, although I plan to buy it soon; I am just trying to figure a way to configure everything ahead of time. I'm not the kind of person who likes to buy something and then spend hours being frustrated- when I can get info first and be ready to set it up right the first time. :joystick:

From your comment, does this mean that the actions can be changed/configured to custom keyboard commands within the sim itself- or- is there another workaround to configure them to to keyboard commands?

Thanks for the help.

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.