New Slovak Book - Flying the MiG-21, in pilots' memories

j.sabo12

For all the Czech and Slovak fans, there is a new book called Lietanie na MiG-21 v spomienkach pilotov, that was baptised at SIAF 2016 this weekend and for anyone that likes to fly the MiG-21 in DCS is an absolute must have. Lots of great stories, experiences of the pilots, pictures and documents.

Sorry for the spam for fans of all the other nationalities.

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

For all the Czech and Slovak fans, there is a new book called Lietanie na MiG-21 v spomienkach pilotov, that was baptised at SIAF 2016 this weekend and for anyone that likes to fly the MiG-21 in DCS is an absolute must have. Lots of great stories, experiences of the pilots, pictures and documents.

Sorry for the spam for fans of all the other nationalities.

I'm assuming is not in English, right?

Nay, not in Eng, at least I haven't heard about possible translations for now. In any case, the book is super-fresh and apparently not even biggest bookstores have it in stock yet .

Some details in slovak language about the book: http://www.siaf.sk/aktuality/siaf-2016-s-novou-publikaciou-pre-fanusikov-letectva.html

Maybe it was mentioned in some other thread already, but I've recently rediscovered one old Czechoslovak documentary regarding Mig21 & 23 operating from the temporary base (highway drill). Apart from the period propaganda and filler material, it contains couple of nice shots:

Consider it a bonus instead of the book in question! :D

Edited by Spectrum Legacy

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Not really related, but I was at this event (My first airshow btw!) and as a MiG-21 fan I was very pleased to see this legend in real life (It was Romanian Lancer version).Hope they will show up next year also.

Intel i5-9600k - Asus TUF Z390 - 32GB DDR4 corsair - Gigabyte RTX 2070 - Seasonic 620W - SSD Crucial, HDD Seagate

Not really related, but I was at this event (My first airshow btw!) and as a MiG-21 fan I was very pleased to see this legend in real life (It was Romanian Lancer version).Hope they will show up next year also.

I was also very pleased to see flying MiG-21 after 14 years. Last time I saw it was on SIAD 2002, where our (slovak) MiG-21 was the regular machine. I forgot the real sound of this beauty and was very excited this year that it is equally loud if not louder than twin-engined planes like MiG-29 or Su-27.

*SIAD (Slovak International Air Display) - predecessor of SIAF (which is absolutely incomparable to SIAD). The biggest airshow in Slovakia (maybe bigger than Czech airshows) with great representation of West and East planes (50:50). 1992 - 2004...RIP