alarm siren and headlights against the aircraft. - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #21
Captain Orso

Haha!! Perseverance is the name of the game I've got the Siren working properly.

This is what you do:

1. For the Coalition with the Siren, create a Vehicle Group, Armored, Siren, and place it where you wish. Hint: using good names for Groups and Units is helpful in setting up triggers. EG Group: Air Raid Siren Rucueville. Unit: Air Raid Siren Rucueville 1

2. Set the Siren's Group to "Visible Before Star" [sic.] = "Visible Before Start", and "Late Activation". This will place the Siren on the map, but it won't be active, so no siren wail unit the group is activated.

3. Create a Trigger: (Once), Conditions: (your decision) (I used "Part of Coalition in Zone (Red, Air Raid Zone), where "Air Raid Zone" is a Trigger Zone centered on the Rucqueville Airfield with radius 25,000 feet), Actions: Group Activate (Air Raid Siren Rucqueville).

As long as any enemies are within the Trigger Zone, the Siren will wail. I imagine one could refine the condition to only check for aircraft, and I've seen that there are possibilities to script detection of enemy aircraft, which would negate then need for a Trigger Zone and make triggering the siren's activation more realistic, but I only wanted to prove the concept of working the Siren.

4. Upon what ever Trigger you wish, Deactivate the Siren.

That's it!

I've attached the mission I tested with, will all the spelling errors et al

You can set the Interceptor Group to "Player" and have some fun with it too. I know I did
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airraid Siren Implementation 01.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	188518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airraid Siren Implementation 02.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	188519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airraid Siren Implementation 03.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	188520  

Attached Files
File Type: miz Nmdy WWII Bofors Test 01 w Spits.miz (12.4 KB, 12 views)

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #22
too-cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
Haha!! Perseverance is the name of the game I've got the Siren working properly.

This is what you do:

1. For the Coalition with the Siren, create a Vehicle Group, Armored, Siren, and place it where you wish. Hint: using good names for Groups and Units is helpful in setting up triggers. EG Group: Air Raid Siren Rucueville. Unit: Air Raid Siren Rucueville 1

2. Set the Siren's Group to "Visible Before Star" [sic.] = "Visible Before Start", and "Late Activation". This will place the Siren on the map, but it won't be active, so no siren wail unit the group is activated.

3. Create a Trigger: (Once), Conditions: (your decision) (I used "Part of Coalition in Zone (Red, Air Raid Zone), where "Air Raid Zone" is a Trigger Zone centered on the Rucqueville Airfield with radius 25,000 feet), Actions: Group Activate (Air Raid Siren Rucqueville).

As long as any enemies are within the Trigger Zone, the Siren will wail. I imagine one could refine the condition to only check for aircraft, and I've seen that there are possibilities to script detection of enemy aircraft, which would negate then need for a Trigger Zone and make triggering the siren's activation more realistic, but I only wanted to prove the concept of working the Siren.

4. Upon what ever Trigger you wish, Deactivate the Siren.

That's it!

I've attached the mission I tested with, will all the spelling errors et al

You can set the Interceptor Group to "Player" and have some fun with it too. I know I did
Thanks for the reply, but the problem is I don't have the SIREN Module and I don't know where to get it, and since I'm missing this one there maybe other I'm missing. Is there some object mods I'm missing? Thanks TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 1080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #23
too-cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
Thanks for the reply, but the problem is I don't have the SIREN Module and I don't know where to get it, and since I'm missing this one there maybe other I'm missing. Is there some object mods I'm missing? Thanks TC
Where does the sound folder go, save games or open beta. TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 1080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #24
Captain Orso

As I stated in post #19, both folders are copied into 'X:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\', where X: is the disk drive where your 'Users' folder resided, 'username' is the name of your windows account, and '.openbeta' is optional, depending on in which DCS installation you which to have the mod available. Ofc, if you have both Release and openbeta, you can install into both.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote