Need help with firing rockets

CASoldier2014

I've read the part of the Flight Manual that covers the use of A-G rockets and did the same with the real Pilot's Flight Operating Instruction. :book: And then I started testing the theory, but I couldn't hit the target with the pipper over it, I always had to aim 5-10 m. in front of the target to hit. :joystick:

Am I doing something wrong or is this the ASP that's inaccurate?

Need help! :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After months of only seldom flying, and not doing much MiG A-G, last week when running a friend who just got the MiG-21 through orientation, he said that, and I've also found that guns, rockets, and also the Kh-66 tend to fall short of the pipper.

Not sure but I used to be much more accurate with these, may be it's me getting rusty, may be in one of patches ASP got less accurate, if that is the case, there would still be the question of whether this is intentional or not.

However, even when I was flying quite regular and was I accurate, I recall dive angles less than 35-40 would cause the pipper to be a bit inaccurate.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

After months of only seldom flying, and not doing much MiG A-G, last week when running a friend who just got the MiG-21 through orientation, he said that, and I've also found that guns, rockets, and also the Kh-66 tend to fall short of the pipper.

Not sure but I used to be much more accurate with these, may be it's me getting rusty, may be in one of patches ASP got less accurate, if that is the case, there would still be the question of whether this is intentional or not.

However, even when I was flying quite regular and was I accurate, I recall dive angles less than 35-40 would cause the pipper to be a bit inaccurate.

Yes, I'm also wondering if this was intentional.. Probably? :)

And yeah, the bigger the angle, the better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here, I noticed the rockets always falling short (still the case a few weeks ago), and like Cruiser18 I recall about a discussion on a piper fix/tweak for ground attack accuracy in progress.

But I can't tell if this fix was supposed to be delivered already.

Same here, I noticed the rockets always falling short, and like Cruiser18 I recall about a discussion on a piper fix/tweak for ground attack accuracy in progress.

But I can't tell if this fix was supposed to be delivered on held until a major update (e.g. DCS 1.5 or 2.0).

If it's coming then it's OK. :)

The MiG sure does have a lot to fix, improve and etc. But since it's in beta, I'm not even mad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rocket firing at 15 degree angle.

Edited by Holbeach
Updated video. Deleted new video

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Rocket firing at 10 degree angle.

How is that helpful? This video is old and we don't know what is the version you used.

EDIT: I normally use gyro mode but for this screenshot I matched your weapon configuration (1.2.16.39472):

Rocket firing at 10 degree angle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=120358&stc=1&d=1438963116

1990605745_Rocketfiringat10degreeangle1.2_16.39472.thumb.jpg.3475bd60ddf9a15e7d339787214fe4ce.jpg

Edited by PiedDroit

How is that helpful?

The text that was to go with it might have been.

I'm out.

It's all yours.

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

The text that was to go with it might have been.

I'm out.

It's all yours.

Which text? There was only a video, maybe you could have added some explanations.

Also if we compare your video and my screenshot, it's obvious the point of impact is different, so it would have been interesting to know which version you used for the video.

And if you were still able to redo the same attack with current DCS version (e.g. same rocket impact point), knowing how you did that would have been helpful for us.

But if you're only posting that same old video (this one, since you deleted the link:

) where you blow stuff in the MiG-21, well, that's not very helpful.

Which text? There was only a video, maybe you could have added some explanations.

Also if we compare your video and my screenshot, it's obvious the point of impact is different, so it would have been interesting to know which version you used for the video.

And if you were still able to redo the same attack with current DCS version (e.g. same rocket impact point), knowing how you did that would have been helpful for us.

But if you're only posting that same old video (this one, since you deleted the link:

) where you blow stuff in the MiG-21, well, that's not very helpful.

Bye.

• Like 3

Bye.

Don't be upset, we're just trying to figure out why the aim is off the piper.

I recall having also the same issue with fixed beam radar and steeper dive angle, I'm confident this will be fixed soon enough (if it's a bug).

EDIT: I also found the thread where the issue of the CCIP sight problem is mentioned, here:

[/url][FIX UNDERWAY] ASP gunsight, incorrect CCIP in A2G in 1.2.15

Edited by PiedDroit

Isn't this to simulate a parallax error? If you observe this bug, isn't it caused by the way TrackIr (or equivalent) has your viewpoint offset a bit?

Nope, I don't think that should happen wiht the gunsight, as their focus is infinate distance, preventing any parallax error. Would be quit hard to manage any shot if there is a parallax possible due to a slight missplacement of your head.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Nope, I don't think that should happen wiht the gunsight, as their focus is infinate distance, preventing any parallax error. Would be quit hard to manage any shot if there is a parallax possible due to a slight missplacement of your head.

you can use parallax to aim, following the grom to the target while leaning left and right, and sitting up and crouching down...ignore the sight.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! I didn't realize that pulling out of a thread would create such a feeding frenzy on the dislike button.

"Unwilling to expand on earlier remarks".... Some of us have a life, in my case spent in bed overnight.

"do you make your sid as big as possible to get less posts on a single page?"....

No. It's there to show my contempt for people who use a dislike button on forums and Youtube, instead of an open comment.

"Retarded". Well you must be from the WoT forum.

The rest couldn't manage to string a sentence together.

The video I posted, was made in May to help a man who couldn't kill tanks and show that it can be done.

I was using this as a "before" version in this thread and then follow it with a new "after" version, to see if there was any difference when using exactly the same attack technique.

This video was hit with a dislike by the first person to watch it ( McBlemman ), in fact it was hit so fast, I didn't manage to actually complete the post and that is why I decided to pull out of this thread, which I did state quite clearly.

OK. Fingers on buttons.

Edited by Holbeach
  • Like 1

This video was hit with a dislike by the first person to watch it, in fact it was hit so fast, I didn't manage to actually complete the post and that is why I decided to pull out of this thread, which I did state quite clearly.

Except You didn't. True, I'm not a native English speaker, but for the love of God I couldn't understand what the post #10 was supposed to mean. Half-as..ed remarks later didn't help either.

Now, the longer post above explains everything perfectly, thanks, but why didn't You write it in the first place?

Back on topic - the bottom line is, the pipper in A-G cannon and rocket modes got glitched with 1.2.15 update release. IIRC It's been acknowledged and we can either wait for the fix or use fixed net instead.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Wow! I didn't realize that pulling out of a thread would create such a feeding frenzy on the dislike button...

You must realize that removing something you wrote in an old post because someone made a bad comment is not the best thing to do on a forum. Beging too laconic doesn't help either. Instead you should leave your posts untouched even if it's unpleasant, and answer calmly, politely and firmly to remarks made - to clarify the reason you wrote something.

you can use parallax to aim, following the grom to the target while leaning left and right, and sitting up and crouching down...ignore the sight.

I wish I could do that with unguided rockets :D

You must realize that removing something you wrote in an old post because someone made a bad comment is not the best thing to do on a forum.

Nothing written has been removed.

I reserve the right to remove any video, without any justification.

But you can have it back if you really, really, want it. :noexpression:

Nothing written has been removed.

I reserve the right to remove any video, without any justification.

But you can have it back if you really, really, want it. :noexpression:

that would be nice, along with that "after" version (same attack with latest DCS) you talked about before, to allow comparison. This would be interesting to see.

Also the OP would be able to tell it is the same phenomenon he's experiencing.