Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Looks like red are going to cap the map shortly! Well done on a very well coordinated push :)

As a side note: the map is yet to be updated. Will be worked on this weekend and will require tweaking over the next few weeks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Our anti air units are not engaging enemies. Two farps close to each other + sam site, only one farp down to 87% and enemies are flying over freely. I've noticed retardation of anti air units already on nevada and looks like it's continuing on caucasus. I was in a mig21 heavily depending on them and got burned.

Server Update

Server updated - sides and map reset

Map updated

Major feature is many more ground targets as mini bases at airfields and some Farps and forward bases

Road unit positions tweaked so all Viggens should be able to drive up and rearm

Harrier now has a default mixed loadout - 2xGBU12, 1x Side Arm, 1x Aim9, 2x Mav, Guns - fuel set to 50% and vertical takeoff is possible but rolling will be preferable

All farps switched to single farp and ground units tweaked to be as close as possible

Mirage is now on Red & Blue

Neutral Base start for most of the map as a trial - check the live map! :)

There will be bugs :) Please give the name of the bugged base and unit

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Server Update

Server updated - sides and map reset

Map updated

Major feature is many more ground targets as mini bases at airfields and some Farps and forward bases

Road unit positions tweaked so all Viggens should be able to drive up and rearm

Harrier now has a default mixed loadout - 2xGBU12, 1x Side Arm, 1x Aim9, 2x Mav, Guns - fuel set to 50% and vertical takeoff is possible but rolling will be preferable

All farps switched to single farp and ground units tweaked to be as close as possible

Mirage is now on Red & Blue

Neutral Base start for most of the map as a trial - check the live map! :)

There will be bugs :) Please give the name of the bugged base and unit

Can you get stats on the campaign like which frames/weapons were used, average times on how long it took either side to take over a farp/base etc?

There are stats, notice when going to the live map you have Statistics tab at the top.

Currently they are offline but we will bring them back up soon.

Server was especially unstable tonight. I think the routine spawning of defenders has been really mucking with things, but it's likely the growing pains of 2.5. Not sure whether ED is going to get the right fixes in place soon enough, but it's getting pretty tough to fly any sortie that is going to last longer than 30 minutes.

Do we have an idea of how many troops are on the map at any given time? Often, when capturing, the capturing troops don't despawn, so in a busy 3 hour run, we could have dozens, if not hundreds of manic infantry who tend to gum up the works doing just that.

I'd be in favor of testing a "no defender troops" run to see if those are the problem.

i think i crashed the server. i dropped a repair crate at maykop from a P-51. On approach i saw a random outpost thing explode even though the base was blue. I don't believe there were any enemy around. The second i hit the Drop crate option, Boom, server died for all.

Edited by Thrud

Urup farp seems bugged, scav and I both dropped troops (tried mortar, RPG and Standard) and they wouldn't cap. We tried dropping them on the farp pad directly as well as near the towers (and waited a full minute before extracting).

Edit: Sounds like a lot of things cannot be capped. We tried Arhyz Farp and someone tried Merlot Farp Cherkessk sam site and could not cap them.

Edit2: After I stepped away Arhyz did eventually cap when I came back, so it may have taken a while. But the other sites I mentioned did not.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

The neutral start was more a test to see if it actually worked technically - which it kinda did!

For the real round we'll have a proper start time so it's fair and everyone starts at once to keep the numbers vaguely even.

When a base is captured now the troops will not be destroyed, they'll hang about until restart and will have to be destroyed before recapture

For captures - please make sure to check the Pak info, it has to say capturable before it'll work. If you can't capture and it says capturable, then report as a bug.

If it says contested - it's neutral but there are units of both sides present, this can include static, troops or whatever (except the tv tower, they're ignored)

There was a bug where defenders spawned when they shouldn't have at the start for some bases, not all, and that will be fixed.

Crashes are transport.dll which ed are still looking it - it's triggered by any ai action it seems so can occur at any time an ai is spawned or moved ( so really whenever)

We've switched to a lot of statics which hopefully you've noticed has improved performance considerably.

Looking for feedback on viggen and harrier road bases - is that all working now?

Edited by Ciribob

The neutral start was more a test to see if it actually worked technically - which it kinda did!

For the real round we'll have a proper start time so it's fair and everyone starts at once to keep the numbers vaguely even.

When a base is captured now the troops will not be destroyed, they'll hang about until restart and will have to be destroyed before recapture

For captures - please make sure to check the Pak info, it has to say capturable before it'll work. If you can't capture and it says capturable, then report as a bug.

If it says contested - it's neutral but there are units of both sides present, this can include static, troops or whatever (except the tv tower, they're ignored)

There was a bug where defenders spawned when they shouldn't have at the start for some bases, not all, and that will be fixed.

Crashes are transport.dll which ed are still looking it - it's triggered by any ai action it seems so can occur at any time an ai is spawned or moved ( so really whenever)

We've switched to a lot of statics which hopefully you've noticed has improved performance considerably.

Looking for feedback on viggen and harrier road bases - is that all working now?

The ones we dropped troops on did say capturable.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

The ones we dropped troops on did say capturable.
I'd wait a few minutes as you say you waited a minute before picking up. There were no code changes ( I was in bed) and capped later is all, so must've been some unit hanging about.

I'll keep an eye on it though, I need the logs for when it happens but I only have the current and last reset ones.

Thanks for reporting :)

I'd wait a few minutes as you say you waited a minute before picking up. There were no code changes ( I was in bed) and capped later is all, so must've been some unit hanging about.

I'll keep an eye on it though, I need the logs for when it happens but I only have the current and last reset ones.

Thanks for reporting :)

I think we did leave troops there still... if there is a way for you to check maybe it will help debug (assuming it wasn't something we did wrong).

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

MAP WILL RESET AGAIN - 15:00 GMT Today

Some script changes and bug fixes for neutral bases

Sides and map will be reset again at 15:00 GMT Today for another test

Some more Farps updated with static units to attack

Still unable to dual-up in the Gazelle. I've seen others reporting this issue too. Hopefully you can find out what's causing this.

Yeah it's screwed. Some threads about it over at the Polychop section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Hataldon farp bugged? We hit and killed everything... then had a B1 hit it and still at like 40%... I didn't see anything left alive.

Did you destroy all the statics - including the hardened bunkers?

Made a change - please see if you can join backseat of L39 or Gazelles now

Map restarted & Reset - get ready to Cap!!

Edit: DCS has now decided it doesnt want to start... Will keep trying

Edited by Ciribob

Rebooted server - should be online shortly

Yeah there are a lot of targets now to get - bring a JTAC if unsure :)