NELLIS AB - Template/Mission

Razorback

Hi,

I have just finished a days/weeks work on the NELLIS AB.

I have added a lot of warplanes and objects.

Some of them are positioned like in the real NELLIS AB (airplanes, objects) and others are unrealistic (like additional buildings or RW parking areas).

My goal is only to provide an active environment (some vehicles are also moving) if you want to enjoy a nice flight from or to the NELLIS AB.

• DCS 2.5 Beta Version
  • A significant number of add-on module used. I will provide a screenshot later.
  • I will also release 3 different missions or templates regarding your hardware because all these objects are slow down significantly the fps : Hard - Medium - Low
  • I am running with 32 Gb RAM (4000 Mhz), i7 3,2Ghz and Nvidia 1080Ti GC. Perfect crisp and smoothly moving image, whatever is the view...

Overview posted on Youtube

Picture of the NELLIS AB (Mission Editor) + My Add-on list for a full compatibility

1723358733_Endmap.thumb.jpg.4137d11b3df7f75b236f2cfd98350638.jpg

AddOn_NELLIS.jpg.c2520f215a1a389f77265b098594b2cf.jpg

Edited by Razorback

Looks and sounds very interesting, thank you for sharing!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Looks very nice, hope you share the templates to try them out :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well, here we are, promised thing, due thing ...

May the people have fun!

Here are the 3 template files:

NELLIS HIGH: All warplanes & objects for large configuration

NELLIS MEDIUM: a large part of the objects are removed as well as buildings that do not exist on the real base.

NELLIS LIGHT: only planes and Helis remain (some have been removed so as not to overload).

In order to have full compatibility, here is a screenshot of the add-on used.

Everything is here: https://we.tl/t-XQjimauLNk

Do not hesitate if you have any questions...

Enjoy!

Chris

PS : All the files are now uploaded for the "User Files" and will be soon published...

Edited by Razorback

Wooo, lot off add-on ! Everyone needed ? Maybe you can pack them all and propose them to download ?

You have only to check the names and look on the "User Files" webpage of DCS. Most of them are available and can easily be uploaded. :smilewink:

The most used are :

Nice work but I can't figure out how to load it.

What is an .stm file.

Its a Static TeMplate, they should be stored at /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate

To use it, you first load the Mission Editor, then create or open a Mission set in Nevada and then load the Template with Edit -> Load Template

If the Template uses objects that your DCS doesnt have, for example Modded objects, those will not be loaded into your mission. That’s why it is fairly important to know exactly what Mods the Template author used ... on this case, he simply shows all the Mods that he has, irrespective of if they are used or not on this specific template.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Its a Static TeMplate, they should be stored at /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate

To use it, you first load the Mission Editor, then create or open a Mission set in Nevada and then load the Template with Edit -> Load Template

If the Template uses objects that your DCS doesnt have, for example Modded objects, those will not be loaded into your mission. That’s why it is fairly important to know exactly what Mods the Template author used ... on this case, he simply shows all the Mods that he has, irrespective of if they are used or not on this specific template.

OK, thanks a bunch for this.

An excellent initiative and I absolutely appreciate the time and effort involved in creating such a monster project!

However, I too am having problems getting this to work; the template loads into the ME, but the mission cannot then be saved/cannot go fly. This is the case for the Light, Medium and High versions (with 587, 846 and 1541 objects, respectively).

Granted, there are some assets I cannot actually locate, e.g. the "Insurgent sf 4x4" seems not to be available any longer, however, the problem seems deeper seated.

I went through every asset in loaded from the (Light) template into my mission one by one (all 587 of them...), deleting an asset, trying to save, deleting the next asset, trying to save, rinse and repeat.

I got down to a list of 53 assets -- a mixed bunch of static aircraft (including some reskins), VPC ground objects and Ranger 79s objects, at which point it would not allow me to delete any more.

Any thoughts on what gives? FYI, my rig is a similar spec to your own, i.e. 32GB RAM, i7-6700k, 1080Ti.

An excellent initiative and I absolutely appreciate the time and effort involved in creating such a monster project!

However, I too am having problems getting this to work; the template loads into the ME, but the mission cannot then be saved/cannot go fly. This is the case for the Light, Medium and High versions (with 587, 846 and 1541 objects, respectively).

Granted, there are some assets I cannot actually locate, e.g. the "Insurgent sf 4x4" seems not to be available any longer, however, the problem seems deeper seated.

I went through every asset in loaded from the (Light) template into my mission one by one (all 587 of them...), deleting an asset, trying to save, deleting the next asset, trying to save, rinse and repeat.

I got down to a list of 53 assets -- a mixed bunch of static aircraft (including some reskins), VPC ground objects and Ranger 79s objects, at which point it would not allow me to delete any more.

Any thoughts on what gives? FYI, my rig is a similar spec to your own, i.e. 32GB RAM, i7-6700k, 1080Ti.

I have the same problem:(

Hello,

As I remember the SF vehicles (MATV near the C-5) are available in the "Ranger79's Mod Pack".

I really don't know why the mission can't be saved afterwards.

I can send the mission (miz) file. It will maybe solve some issues...

Try first the light one and if it's fit for you I will forward the High version afterwards.

Maybe a mistake from my part, templates and missions were done with the DCS 2.5 Beta version !!

NELLIS_LIGHT.miz

Edited by Razorback

I really don't know why the mission can't be saved afterwards.

I can send the mission (miz) file. It will maybe solve some issues...

Try first the light one and if it's fit for you I will forward the High version afterwards.

Thanks, having the miz file makes it much easier to know which User Mods are needed, on this case:

Barbwire Fence by VPS_Tango

Hangar 3 VPS_Tango & VPS_Spit

Navy Equipment

Ranger Pack 2.4.1 by Ranger79

tents

UH-1 LZ

VPC Objects

From this list, I already have Ranger Pack, Tents and VPC Objects ... will have to google the rest in order to be able to load the Mission :)

Maybe a mistake from my part, templates and missions were done with the DCS 2.5 Beta version !!

Dont think its a mistake, I use Openbeta and have shared my missions with people using the Stable release with no trouble at all.

Best regards

Check !

Tell me when it's fine for you with the light mission and I will push the two others (medium & High)

OK, I'm on it .. almost there, still missing just these two mods:

lMPocKl.jpg

:)

OK, I'm on it .. almost there, still missing just these two mods:

lMPocKl.jpg

:)

;);) I will check because I really don't now from which add-on is comming the UH-1 LZ ?

UPDATED : just found this : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225463

Download here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

Navy equipment : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/

+ this one : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302613/

Edited by Razorback

Hi,

Today I installed all the Mods that you indicate, including the USN Deck Equipment:

pHVUYUo.jpg

WPA8zxL.jpg

But I still keep getting the same error message on the ME, perhaps the version of USN Deck Equipment that you used is older than the one currently available .. and between Upuaut's stuff I was unable to find the UH-1 LZ mod :(

It's a pity that the ME will not just ignore the units & statics of Mods that are not present, instead it refuses to even edit the mission, so I'm unable to remove the offending units.

So, I gave up ... I will instead edit a simpler Nellis Template for my own use, as I want to make a mission set for the C-101CC similar to one I already did for the Caucasus, but set on Nevada.

Thanks anyway, appreciate the sharing intention.

Eduardo