Snapview for the P8 - How to ?

I would like to create a "persistent" Snap View for the P8 compass, so that whenever I am willing to sync the dyrectional gyro I can look at it by pressing a key, or controller button, and it stays fixed into that view leaving my hands free to interact with the P8 scale and adjust it properly.

I made sure 'User Snap-View Saving' is checked on the 'Misc' tab, adjusted the view as desired, pressed LeftWin-KP2 because that was the Numpad key I wanted to assign to it, and then pressed Right-Alt-KP0 to save, but in two instances I completely lost control over my views and had to reset it to default, the other when I try to use KP2, it doesn't move my view to the P-8 as desired ( ? )

Any suggestions welcomed !

Thx!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• 2 weeks later...

This is my best attempt at a snap-view for the compass. Unfortunately the joystick gets in the way so you have to look around it....

PgQvEYw.png

If it's useful to you and if you're comfortable editing your Snapviews.lua (C:\Users\**jcomm**\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View) then insert this into both of your Spitfire sections.

[8] = {--LWin + Num7 : Snap View 7
	viewAngle = 20.000000,--FOV
	hAngle	 = -10.978332,
	vAngle	 = -51.987301,
	x_trans	 = 0.164246,
	y_trans	 = 0.067000,
	z_trans	 = -0.142609,
	rollAngle = -0.000000,

I used KP-7 but you can put it where you want.

If you want to create one yourself the correct procedure, while using Track IR or similar, is this....

1: Decide where you want the custom snap-view (which keypad number) - let's say KP-3

2: Hit LWIN KP-3 - the view will jump to whatever is currently stored in KP-3 and jump back to your default view. This 'primes' KP-3.

3: Now, move your head and manipulate the FOV to find your preferred view.

4: While keeping your head perfectly still :noexpression: hit RALT KP-0. This should save your view into KP-3.

5: Go back to your default view and test whether hitting LWIN KP-3 brings up your custom snap-view. Hopefully it should.

One thing to note - there's an intermittent bug floating about whereby view setting are being stored inside mission files. This means that any custom snap views you might make in Mission-A will be forgotten when you run Mission-B. If you're having trouble getting the custom snap-views working you can open .miz files with WinRAR/Zip and see if there's a pesky View folder inside. Just delete it and you should be good to go.