Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Done.

AWACS' freq. in the mission Command & Conquer is 250 MHz because of Krasnodar C. ATC operates at 251 MHz.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Out of interest: how much does it take to keep a server like this running?

Besides from the $ issue, did you think of using the EWR skript instead of the AWACS? Or use both, so I can tune away from 20 people calling at the same time... :)

And a request: enforce players to be on SRS like the DDCS server. SRS is always super quite. A shame...

Edited by LuSi_6

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Besides from the $ issue, did you think of using the EWR skript instead of the AWACS? Or use both, so I can tune away from 20 people calling at the same time... :)

And a request: enforce players to be on SRS like the DDCS server. SRS is always super quite. A shame...

I've sent you a pm.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Forcing people to use srs because srs is sometimes quiet is the wrong way to go about things

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Important announcement:

The current server provider is going to stop providing service for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server due to private matters on his side. This came a bit unexpected. I tried to turn it around and get this service providing cancellation undone, but unfortunately it was futile.

Over the last days, I've been trying to find a good alternative. I'm close to sealing a deal with a new server provider in Europe, but this time around it's going to be a bit costly. It's good service from what I hear and read, hence the price. Therefore, and I know it's very unpleasant, and for that I sincerely apologise, but I could need your donating hand in this.

I was happy providing service to the community without asking for donations, but the circumstances have changed. Please, don't feel compelled to do so for I will keep providing nonetheless. Only if you could spare 10-20 euros a year. Quite many players fly on the server from what data I've gathered so dividing the burden into so many small amounts of money should be very helpful.

I've just opened a PayPal account for exactly that purpose. Every cent you donate will be for DCS public services only.

For donating using PayPal, send the money to the following email address:

hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Very much appreciated!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The server provider has stopped providing! The server's currently OFFLINE!

I've ordered a new package. Here's the reply I received via email:

"... We will provide you with the order delivery date and your bill in a future email. The order amount will be taken from the payment method linked to your customer account."

No idea how long will that take.

* Please, be patient, and sorry for all the trouble...

* Thanks to all who have donated. Currently, the PayPal account I've opened for the server has reached an amount of 62,07 EUR / 71,12 USD.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The server provider has stopped providing! The server's currently OFFLINE!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I will happily donate once my finances are back in the black in a month or so.

On the AWACS subject i had an idea. They could be set to invisible so they ignore each other.

They're still visible to players and RWR on this setting but getting rid of these as BRA calls would be nice. I'm starting to worry I'm coming across as nagging but I just LOVE this server.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I will happily donate once my finances are back in the black in a month or so.

On the AWACS subject i had an idea. They could be set to invisible so they ignore each other.

They're still visible to players and RWR on this setting but getting rid of these as BRA calls would be nice. I'm starting to worry I'm coming across as nagging but I just LOVE this server.

Easy, man, easy. I don't want anyone to feel compelled to donate. The very reason why I had this show running for long without asking for it. Only now it's really a bit more expensive, but still I will keep on running the server. And only if anyone could spare some coins, then they are kindly asked and very appreciated to donate.

AWACS planes are hidden on the map in all missions. The AWACS' script in DCS sucks, is all.

Don't you worry your pretty little head Alpen this servers not going anywhere ;)

I know, you love me, sister :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Please don't, I like to try taking them down when there is not much going on.

@Alpenwolf:

You should somehow make a notice on a server, that you are collecting donations. I saw your request, just by chance... I don't read all post in this topic...

You are not obliged to finance server, so it is a decent move by us - players to support your efforts... It is the one and only decent server for a mig21 and f5e fights... :)

btw: just donated a small amount..

@Alpenwolf:

You should somehow make a notice on a server, that you are collecting donations. I saw your request, just by chance... I don't read all post in this topic...

You are not obliged to finance server, so it is a decent move by us - players to support your efforts... It is the one and only decent server for a mig21 and f5e fights... :)

btw: just donated a small amount..

Donations are very helpful, sure. They'd take away some monetary burden from me, no doubt. However, with the dedicated servers on the way (who knows how long), I thought I might be overreacting with asking for donations. The fact remains that it is more costly now for me and I'm not sure how the dedicated servers (again, when they arrive) will have an effect on that.

Meanwhile, I'm away from home but during the next days when I'm back at my PC I'll get my head around this and get a new server online.

Again, thanks for all the donations. Currently at 142,23 EUR / 161,29 USD.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments