FAQ Updates and Discussion

NineLine

I would guess at around 5pm or 6pm UTC+2. The usual time, updates are rolled out.

Let's all use the torrent option to minimize ED server load.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all use the torrent option to minimize ED server load.

That's the default updater behavior, right?

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

UTC+2 23 May has come and gone here without any map available... Sigh...

The post above guesses 18:00 UTC+2. Try it in 18 hours. ;)

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

I read elsewhere UTC+2 straight up, still now available download so I figure I can safely call BS on that one. This is taking all the fun out of spending half your day in tomorrow. O_o

UTC+2 23 May has come and gone here without any map available... Sigh...

Hmm what country are you in Crab? It's till 23rd here in NZ

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

You understand I'm just east of UTC+2? It passed 5 hours ago according to your link and I was on both before and after seeing if anything lit up. Here it's been the 23rd for just shy of 12 hours as I type this post. Back home they have a few minutes of the 22nd remaining.

I got it, I had read elsewhere it was straight up, obviously not correct. I saw the time you mentioned this morning but a man can always try. All I could do in any event is wander around looking at the map with keyboard commands. Yes, I really am that excited that such sounds pretty good to me so I remained hopeful until reality extinguished that hope. :) The truth is I'm like a kid before Christmas at this point. If anyone had taken my parts as argumentive that isn't the case, I'm a desperate man! :)

To do list for Wednesday-Thursday:

Cold startup

Avionics

Landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Cold startup

Avionics

Landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

+1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Cold startup

Avionics

Landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

+1 :D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Cold startup

Avionics

Landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

Case I landing

+1

+1

+1 :D

I'm sure we'll all be getting in some traps in the very near future. I'm betting there will be some servers just dedicated for this very thing day one...at least I hope so. Just so we all can showcase our skills to each other at the same time. :smilewink:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

First thing I'm going to do:

Carrier take off,

Drop a bomb with auto bomb mode,

Shoot down a plane with a sparrow,

Attempt a carrier landing.

I'm always getting stuck in a rut learning new planes by doing the basics first and taking ages to get to the fun stuff. There's always going to be a landing at the end of every flight, one way or another, why postpone everything that can be done before then?

First thing I'm going to do:

Carrier take off,

Drop a bomb with auto bomb mode,

Shoot down a plane with a sparrow,

Attempt a carrier landing.

I'm always getting stuck in a rut learning new planes by doing the basics first and taking ages to get to the fun stuff. There's always going to be a landing at the end of every flight, one way or another, why postpone everything that can be done before then?

Lol I think I am with you there, may well do the same.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

FA18C announcement

As we’re now so close to EA release, I was trying to remember how long has it been in development. More specifically, how long ago was it announced, and was it announced officially to the public or was it slipped into a forum post somewhere? Or was there a Hornet parked on the tarmac in another aircraft video or something like that as we’be seen before??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]