Trottle not working

maxxxem1

Yeah, both the throttle cutoff and the parking brake are hard to see on a flat screen, the parking brake in VR is really obvious. The cutoff I haven't been able to find so I just use voice attack to turn off the engine.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Bind the parking brake to a button, I use P.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Yeah, both the throttle cutoff and the parking brake are hard to see on a flat screen, the parking brake in VR is really obvious. The cutoff I haven't been able to find so I just use voice attack to turn off the engine.

The throttle cut off is on the throttle body itself, it would be next to your pinkie, tis visible in the picture below, the lil hooked piece of grey metal.

AV-8Boutside.jpg

awful to try and see in the the cockpit, best to have the floodlights on and swivelled and point your flashlight at it (L-alt + L) You'll more often than not misclick it and end up hitting the parking brake.

At the base on or on the black stick?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

At the base on or on the black stick?

It's on the console, at the base of the throttle handle, on the left side of it, and slightly behind it.

I disagree with whoever said it's real obvious in VR. It wasn't to me. It's a tiny black handle, on a black panel, hidden behind the large black throttle handle. I was looking right at it, multiple times, and never saw it. It's practically invisible.

If you move your cursor around the base of the throttle you'll see it turn into the green up/down arrows at some point. That's the parking brake... even though you can't really see it.

Win 10 Pro | i7 990x @ 4.5GHz | 32GB/1600MHz RAM | GTX 1080Ti | 1TB System SSD | 500GB DCS SSD | Saitek X55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke & Pedals | HTC Vive

It's on the console, at the base of the throttle handle, on the left side of it, and slightly behind it.

I disagree with whoever said it's real obvious in VR. It wasn't to me. It's a tiny black handle, on a black panel, hidden behind the large black throttle handle. I was looking right at it, multiple times, and never saw it. It's practically invisible.

If you move your cursor around the base of the throttle you'll see it turn into the green up/down arrows at some point. That's the parking brake... even though you can't really see it.

It might have been me that said it. Its way more obvious in VR than on a flat screen, I basically moused over the general area on a flat screen till I saw the cursor turn green and the tool tip tell me which one I hit. If I lean in over there in VR I can usually see the parking brake, and now the throttle cut now that I know where it is IRL. Still hard to see though, but not impossible like a flat screen.

I'd suggest to bind it to a keyboard shortcut (in the Control Options) ; it's very frustrating to start up a Harrier, line up the navigation system, then try and click on the "parking brake" but only succeed on hitting the fuel cutoff (which is right beside it) and shutting everything off :P

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !