Viggen RWR tone generator/guide

2-niner

Anyone know what the cut-off limits were for when the RWR switches to playing the "ambulans"-signal? I know I saw that somewhere a long time ago, maybe in the huge original Viggen thread, but maybe someone knows it by heart so I don't have to go digging?

Anyone know what the cut-off limits were for when the RWR switches to playing the "ambulans"-signal? I know I saw that somewhere a long time ago, maybe in the huge original Viggen thread, but maybe someone knows it by heart so I don't have to go digging?

Are you referring to this one perhaps? https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2664381&postcount=1025

Audio information is presented in the pilot headphone and is a tone with the same frequency (pitch) as the transmitting

station PRF if it is below 5 kHz:

At a higher frequency than 5 kHz or if it is a signal of cw type picked up by the KA pod there will be a syntetic signal

presented to the pilot (ambulance signal).

Are you referring to this one perhaps? https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2664381&postcount=1025

Audio information is presented in the pilot headphone and is a tone with the same frequency (pitch) as the transmitting

station PRF if it is below 5 kHz:

At a higher frequency than 5 kHz or if it is a signal of cw type picked up by the KA pod there will be a syntetic signal

presented to the pilot (ambulance signal).

Yes that's exactly it! Thank you very much! :)

So if I interpret this correctly you will only hear the synthetic signal from a CW emission if you're carrying a KA (U22) pod? Otherwise you won't hear CW emissions at all?

But you will still get the synthetic signal from a PRF above 5K even without the KA pod?

Yes that's exactly it! Thank you very much! :)

So if I interpret this correctly you will only hear the synthetic signal from a CW emission if you're carrying a KA (U22) pod? Otherwise you won't hear CW emissions at all?

But you will still get the synthetic signal from a PRF above 5K even without the KA pod?

Yes, that is how I interpret this information. Others with better insight might correct that if needed.

I need to read the original manual again just to verify that it isn't any translation mistake made by me.

Top work this! Would be great to hear the missile tones in here too but that will come. Extremely useful training tool and should be a stick IMHO.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I'm pretty sure the U/22A is the only jammer that can xmit proper audio warnings to the pilot about high powered radars on the Viggen due to it's ability to receive and record in order to interpret it's data. Anyone here know if the U/22A has to be in silent recording mode to detect and warn the plot of these radars? Or may I just leave it to automatically jam while it picks up signals?

Turns out my mistake was that I was generating sine wave tones when they should have been square, so it was a really simple fix and now they all sound pretty much exactly like they do in game.

Thank you! :D

Yes, that is how I interpret this information. Others with better insight might correct that if needed.

I need to read the original manual again just to verify that it isn't any translation mistake made by me.

Thanks!

Top work this! Would be great to hear the missile tones in here too but that will come. Extremely useful training tool and should be a stick IMHO.

Glad you like it and thanks! :) Can't do the missiles right now since they don't register correctly, but maybe ED/Heatblur will fix it in the future.

I'm pretty sure the U/22A is the only jammer that can xmit proper audio warnings to the pilot about high powered radars on the Viggen due to it's ability to receive and record in order to interpret it's data. Anyone here know if the U/22A has to be in silent recording mode to detect and warn the plot of these radars? Or may I just leave it to automatically jam while it picks up signals?

Thank you! :D

No problem :)

• 2 months later...

Whoever made these sounds isn't familiar with ELINT/military radar...

Almost all the tracking sounds beep.

The tracking sound shouldn't beep at all.. The "Emit. - Silent" time is actually an apparent 'off' time, that occurs when the radars beam moves off of your receiver. If a tracking radar is looking at you, then the radar beam is fixed on you and does not scan around. Meaning you wont hear beeps, you will hear a constant tone (based on the PRF/PRF modulation).

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work. Many thanks 2-niner!

What does "Emitter 1", "Emitter 2", etc. means ? Just that there is not only one emitter, or is it different states (search/locked/narrow or wide area search/...) ?

Thank you. :)

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

What does "Emitter 1", "Emitter 2", etc. means ? Just that there is not only one emitter, or is it different states (search/locked/narrow or wide area search/...) ?

Thank and glad you like it! :)

The Emitter 1/2 etc. is just taken directly from the kneepad ELINT report in game (well, actually it's taken from grunf's PDF, but he assembled that from the ELINT reports), so it's up for interpretation what it is and what defines an emitter.

But I think it's basically whenever there's a new PRF frequency, it counts as a new emitter. So if a radar is scanning you with a certain PRF and then when it locks you up it goes into another PRF, that counts as 2 different emitters even though it's the same radar. In other cases it may also be 2 different radars like for systems which have separate search and tracking radars.

Ok, I see. Thank you for the clarification! :book:

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

But when it comes to the Audio signals and how to interpret them ingame.

For most of the Air-Air Radars Emitter 1 is Search.

And STT lock is Emitter 2-3 rapidly alternating.

So its the Alternating 2-3 sound you need to watch out for since that means they are locking you.

(And the onboard RWR wont detect missile launches so when you get locked by a Air-Air radar assume a missile

is either incoming or soon to be launched and act accordingly which usually means get low and Run for it unless you get eyes on the launch)

So in general Rapid Single tone beep = Bad stuff from ground

(With the Pitch letting you tell what is what for example telling a Tor or a SPAAG apart).

And two tones rapidly alternating (From the same heading)

means Air-Air STT lock = Possible Bad stuff from the air.

(its pretty distinct so its pretty easy to tell it apart from normal search tones)

Edited by mattebubben

Thanks for the precisions Mattebubben. I did some exercise yesterday, and yeah, it changes the fight a lot when you know what the audio signals tell you.

How correctly to execute ELINT? So that an entry appears on the ELINT page radar contact.

-U22\A

-mode A-G or A-K?

-flight curse radar .

Edited by ALF7

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

How correctly to execute ELINT? So that an entry appears on the ELINT page radar contact.

-U22\A

-mode A-G or A-K?

-flight curse radar .

I don't think it matters so much how you are setup, but the mistake you are making is probably that you're not setting the master mode to BER after landing, am I right? If I remember correctly you need to do this in order for the ELINT page to be filled out.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters so much how you are setup, but the mistake you are making is probably that you're not setting the master mode to BER after landing, am I right? If I remember correctly you need to do this in order for the ELINT page to be filled out.
Big thanks

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

• 1 year later...
This tool still work? i can see the page but i touch the play button and flashes but no sound

ditto..:(

All modules: past, present and future!:pilotfly::joystick:

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8G | TM Warthog (slew mod) | TM pedals | Oculus Rift S

Works fine here but not in Chrome on Windows.

Try using Edge or Explorer or any other browser and it works fine. Tried it both on Windows and Mac and only seems to not work on Chrome on Windows for me.

/Wilbuz

Thank you! its works perfect in Edge!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]