Waypoints and simple attack plan through F10 map marks

Marduk879

Add a Mark point on the map, where you want a waypoint. In that mark point, write B1. Then create another mark point, and write B2 in that, and a third and write M3 for example in that, and so on and so forth.

Dont close them with X, minimize with _ if you want them folded in again.

Then on your kneeboard page for the ground crew, choose Data cartridge 14 I believe it was (says something about mark points, and how many there are). I cant remember the key commands, but check controls and look for 'Select Data Cartridge Up/down'.

Insert the Data cartridge, and do the 9099 when the system is ready.

This is all done on the ground.

That way you can create your flight plan on the F10 map directly, and dont have to scribble down Lat/long coordinates, and/or manually punch them in on the Data panel.

It doesnt appear to add anything to the Kneeboard flightplan page, with QFE etc.

And its really handy, thank you Heatblur :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

You can put in any number of waypoints that the computer can handle and then change the the mission point using the computer after you load the cart. It's really nice. Makes the Viggen much more flexible in multiplayer! Hopefully the next step will be making the custom points appear in the kneeboard map and chart.

Perfect one. I was hoping for such features as in VR is very hard to point on location and take the coords even with elephant memory.

Next step: Do it without need of a keyboard and its super. (need of writing ATTACK, B1 etc.). not very comfort to type on keyboard in VR with HOTAS

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Click the map mark (open it), and close it with X icon. Place a new one.

If you have 6 waypoints placed for example, delete one, and place a new one, the kneeboard ground crew page will read it as 7 markers, but it only adds the 6 to the cartridge. And read 8 if you have deleted two, and placed to new etc.

If you have already loaded the cartridge before you deleted/replaced, just select the cartridge from kneeboard again, and slide a new cartridge in, and 9099 it.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Click the map mark (open it), and close it with X icon. Place a new one.

If you have 6 waypoints placed for example, delete one, and place a new one, the kneeboard ground crew page will read it as 7 markers, but it only adds the 6 to the cartridge. And read 8 if you have deleted two, and placed to new etc.

If you have already loaded the cartridge before you deleted/replaced, just select the cartridge from kneeboard again, and slide a new cartridge in, and 9099 it.

Thank's Knock-Knock! The extra markers in the ground crew page got me confused and didn't understand that I should load the cartridge again. I hope HB will implement that the kneeboard shows the actual number of waypoints. But now I know how to use these features. :)

Regards

FanOfALF

I might have missed this but does anyone know what type of waypoint we can set in the F10 map and put on the data card? Like can we set BX codes?

From the latest update log:

New feature: cartridge from putting marks on F10 map (named B1-B9, M1-M9, BX1-BX9, R1-R9, MR1-MR9 = recon-target, or S1-S9) and selectable in kneepad. Also you can just have a marker named “ATTACK” and a quick attack flightplan will be generated.

Hey Knock-Knock,

I've been playing around with the various waypoint functions and I'm noticing some inaccuracies with the "M3" and "ATTACK" waypoints usually being off course from the target despite placing the marker directly over the target. Are you experiencing the same issues or am I doing something wrong?

This can also happen with auto-generated waypoints.

Cheers.

Hey Knock-Knock,

I've been playing around with the various waypoint functions and I'm noticing some inaccuracies with the "M3" and "ATTACK" waypoints usually being off course from the target despite placing the marker directly over the target. Are you experiencing the same issues or am I doing something wrong?

This can also happen with auto-generated waypoints.

Cheers.

I have the same problem. Its always off for me. I cant even get the BK90 to hit. And it also shows 0 drift in the computer.

Can it be so that even if it shows 0 drift in the computer that it can be 999 meters of drift? I mean it only shows kilometers there. So maybe you have to do new fix very close to your target location so you get accurate coordinates?

There is a bug with the TERNAV atm, acknowledged and fixed for future update.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225885

This is causing a great deal of drift / inaccuracy too. I get about 1.5km after just a few min. Probably what you are getting too?

this feature is AWESOM! finally a simple way to use the Viggen at its full potential!

No i am not going to miss those 20 to 40 minutes creating flightplans etc LOL...

Hope the bug is sorted out I enjoy doing one pos fix. (has anybody tried disabling the drift completely from the mission editor?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to get your wingmen to attack the target? I've placed Bx7 and Bx8 points for the RB-15F missiles, but the wingmen won't attack the ships. I've tried using the "engage - mission and rejoin" radio command, but this leads to the wingmen rejoining immediately (i.e. there is no mission).

Not home right now so can't check at all but I remember seeing some Ai-choices in the mission editor as far as weapons go. Make sure the ai-planes have the correct weapons, not just RB-15 for example but RB-15 for Ai. I might mix this up with something else as I can't check it right now.

/Wilbuz

Thanks for the suggestion. It does not work if you have no waypoints and group to attack pre-configured. Using Engage - Ships does work, but they go after the group of ship they think has the highest priority.

So I have resorted to using Lua scripting using MOOSE. I've got something working now: an extra radio command that tells the wingmen to go after the group nearest to Bx8. The Wingmen have the "RB-15F for AI".

Still it would be nice if the wingmen receive the plan derived from the mark points out of the box.

I have a suggestion of improvement on this user mark flight plan cartridge function.

When using the ATTACK user mark autogen, you get the QFE in the kneeboard page for that cartridge.

When using the B1, B2, M3, B4 method (which is much better as it lets you place B1/B2 over known landmarks for fix update) it would be nice if you get the QFE also for at least the M3 one.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick