Set damage on unit

TheTrooper

Hi all. In the mission editor, is there a way to set damage to a unit? In particular set the damage to an oil tanker (Tanker Elnya 160) so it's smoking?

Can this only be done with a scrtipt and if so where would I put it?

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

That's fine. How would I go about doijng that?

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

The following script will generate an explosion on the designated unit (required field marked in red, don't remove the quotation marks):

local Explosion_Location = Unit.getByName("UNIT name of the ship in ME"):getPoint()

if Explosion_Location ~= nil then

trigger.action.explosion(Explosion_Location, 120) -- 120 is the minimum explosion power required to get the Elnya tanker smoking. Keep in mind that it'll stop smoking 9 minutes after the explosion

end

I'm assuming you aren't using a static Elnya tanker, btw. Let me know if you are.

Edited by Hardcard

Yeah I am using the Elnya tanker

Currently they're not the static ones. Standard ones. I'll go with which ever is the easiest though to achieve what I'm after.