Continuously impressed at the professionalism but the people doing ATC/AWACS on GAW

jers

• 10 months later...

:thumbup:

I am really impressed too. I'm not a RL pilot and do not have a military background, but the ATC provided by Blacknight3022 sounded so authentic I decided to produce a transcript of it, to just to help me understand the format of ATC comms.

This was streamed a year ago; I don't know what the server is like nowadays but I'm just so anxious to feel competent enough in an a/c that I can jump in and try it. I have to switch the Open Beta too, I think - I'm new and have been playing safe with the stable release while I try to get my bearings. This is a very complicated game, but I just love it and all the content people are producing for it.

Qu3VK5t.jpg

okXUX1G.jpg

0yJo3mv.jpg

zqwsqAs.jpg

Edited by oboe

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@oboe Wow. That's neat. Thank you for taking the effort to stream/record/transcribe that. It makes a BIG difference being able to read the text and listen to the radio. Indeed, it helps one understand the patterns and learn the protocol... very useful! (And, yes, that radio traffic make things very immersive.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It can be good, but half the people on don't use it anyway. Which is "fun" for everyone else. But I generally find mostly good behavior for comms there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This sounds great!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR