DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

I cant wait for the multiplayer cockpits, I can finally sit in the back, or co-pilots chair and eat bonbons while someone else does the work :D

Is this supposed to be in 2.0 or something after 2.0? I was going to purchase the Huey and have a friend do the same so that we can fly around in the same helicopter but I've been told that doesn't work in the current version of DCS.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only dream... I am all about someone else flying those damn Helos :)

Plan ahead. Start training your daughter now. ;)

On second thought, hire someone to train her.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Great update!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm hoping that map will be Afghanistan to complement the staple of ground attack fly things we have and will have. Not to mention the possibility playing a grunt what with skeleton animations and all.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I'm hoping that map will be Afghanistan to complement the staple of ground attack fly things we have and will have.

I'd be very surprised if it was Afghanistan. They'd have to build huge tracts of Iran and/or Pakistan just to fill in the space between the carrier and the target country. I don't see ED being that ambitious in their scope at this point.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I'd be very surprised if it was Afghanistan. They'd have to build huge tracts of Iran and/or Pakistan just to fill in the space between the carrier and the target country. I don't see ED being that ambitious in their scope at this point.

My guess would be (some parts of) Korea - as the "new maps" were also referenced in the F-86/MiG-15 paragraph.

wow lots of meat to choose from :D

I'll definitely be getting the Alba, the Hawk, with my 21's.

Exciting times ahead. Thanks ED for such a meaty, meaty newsletter. This totally made my day.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Some mistakes with prices, example in newsletter FC3 11.99$ in the shop 15.99$ ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Still unsure what 2.0 is??? Is it Edge or just an update for DCS world??

2.0 = Update to DCS World which includes some substancial changes and enhancements (therefore the "big" jump in the version number)

EDGE = new graphics engine for DCS World which will be incorporated into the sim with DCS World 2.0. EDGE is a part of all the changed mentioned above, although probably by far the largest and most important one.

Maps, Nevada, etc. = need EDGE to be running in DCS World first

Korea can easily serve as a Vietnam map, too!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor

Ability to access new maps that will be sold as separate modules

YES! YES! So excited about this!!! Current system is one of worst I have seen on the gaming market. Hopefully we get settings options for multiplayer to go up with this!

Not that excited about L39 because for me personally I don't see reason to fly a trainer in the game but happy for people who are into his kind of stuff. Wondering if patriots team and ED are making cooperation between their modules. 2 seat capability is another major step forward and glad to hear about it.

About the Hornet - Well don't know if those screenshots are recent but work on the cockpit seems still much WIP, hopefully system simulation etc is well on its way and we can enjoy Hornet on 2014 or early 2015. :thumbup:

Thanks, one of best updates ever. Too bad you couldn't give us estimate date for the Hornet or place where the theatre map takes the place. :music_whistling:

Just to joke a little: I hope F-18 map will not be 95% water :D

So Hornet map has the priority over Normandy?

Does that mean Hornet isn't that far away?

Sounds exactly like majority of the map will be water so one would expect it's pretty fast to build up. Now we must just figure out which part of the sea they are going to model. :D