How complete is the harrier now?

98abaile

Zeus answered it already. Add it to "the List".

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3075959&postcount=693

Any details on it. IIRC it isnt mentioned in the 03 tac man. Some link16 ish thing?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It isn't. At least not reliable.

Tpod can't be slewed with a Ministick. Laser just stops working. ARBS has no wind compensation. Sidearms won't get off the rail. Frequencies can't be entered at first attemp.

Tacan is bugged for navigation, CTD are still commen when aligning.

So there is no system for weapon delivery which is complete and bug free.

Maybe if you only wan't to fly around a little bit, but as soon as you study the Natops and dig a little bit deeper then just scratching the surface, you realize how is state really is.

TACAN bugged. and I thought it was just me... No wonder I can never find the carrier!!! Never shows up on TACAN.... :(

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

There is a very vocal percentage that consider the module very buggy. Most of the bugs that are complained about are very specific and limited or are user error. Bugs are also quite often getting fixed and you never hear it. Take it all with a grain of salt. There are quite a few people who fly this module constantly and it is very combat effective and great module.

There is a very vocal percentage that consider the module very buggy. Most of the bugs that are complained about are very specific and limited or are user error. Bugs are also quite often getting fixed and you never hear it. Take it all with a grain of salt. There are quite a few people who fly this module constantly and it is very combat effective and great module.

Sorry, but thats just not true. Yes you can fly it, but you have to fiddle around with workarounds for a great many things, or just ignore the fact certain things just don't work, or work as they should. Sure you can fly it, no one has ever disputed that. But when the TOO button generates a TP in mid air instead of the ground, it means its not working, and I can't use that bit of very useful IRL functionality. Can I work around it, sure, should I have to? After 1+ years, No I probably shouldn't... At the end of the day the missing stuff and bug-workarounds also lead to bad habits that later have to be un-learned.

Also still a fair amount of missing features.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I looked at the bug tracker and there are 10 bugs listed. Seems like alot more are mentioned here.

Well, here is the history on that.

At some point there was a mass clearing of "bugs" from the bug section over to the resolved bugs section regardless of being fixed or not, and I think the majority were actually not fixed. So if you want to go take a gander over there, I think the more pressing ones still were being complained about as not fixed. I won't even touch on what the supposed logic of the move or what it tells you about the devs/community interactions.

But when the TOO button generates a TP in mid air instead of the ground, it means its not working, and I can't use that bit of very useful IRL functionality.

That TOO button was fixed a long time ago.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Any details on it. IIRC it isnt mentioned in the 03 tac man. Some link16 ish thing?

AFAIK our AV-8B doesn't have Link-16, unless Razbam are planning to add 2018 features (PPLI, RNP/RNAV and H6.2 OFP) ?

In 2014 the US started looking at adding Link-16 to the Harrier, as it didn't have the space to fit Link-16 (MIDS) terminals until the introduction of small-form-factor terminals.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/computers/article/16719018/navy-considers-upgrading-av8b-jump-jet-with-smallformfactor-link-16-mids-terminals

The 1000th small-form-factor terminal from Viasat was fitted July 2018

https://www.viasat.com/news/press-releases/tactical-data-links

The Marine Aviation Plans for 2017, 2018 and 2019 show:

• Initial Link-16 capability (i.e. PPLI, RNP/RNAV) for FY18 (H6.2 OFP)

• Full Link-16 capability for FY21 (H7.1 OFP) in all AV-8B + Radar Aircraft i.e. fighter to fighter.

Edited by Ramsay
2019 Marine Plan pushes Link-16 fighter to fighter to FY21

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

That TOO button was fixed a long time ago.

Good to know. Still it was a bug for way too long for what it was.

AFAIK our AV-8B doesn't have Link-16, unless Razbam are planning to add 2018 features (PPLI, RNP/RNAV and H6.2 OFP) ?

In 2014 the US started looking at adding Link-16 to the Harrier, as it didn't have the space to fit Link-16 (MIDS) terminals until the introduction of small-form-factor terminals.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/computers/article/16719018/navy-considers-upgrading-av8b-jump-jet-with-smallformfactor-link-16-mids-terminals

The 1000th small-form-factor terminal from Viasat was fitted July 2018

https://www.viasat.com/news/press-releases/tactical-data-links

The Marine Aviation Plans for 2017, 2018 and 2019 show:

• Initial Link-16 capability (i.e. PPLI, RNP/RNAV) for FY18 (H6.2 OFP)

• Full Link-16 capability for FY21 (H7.1 OFP) in all AV-8B + Radar Aircraft i.e. fighter to fighter.

Interesting. I kinda doubt we are getting a 2018 version though. I wonder what sort of datalink it has, or if its just something having to with the CAS page.

I have used the Harrier a great deal in BlueFlag PvP. It has some issues like the Maverick cool down which was a bit annoying when you have ingressed past a few enemy players and then cannot hit a target as a result. It does not happen all the time though and all things considered I still love it, and the challenge it is to fly - the VSTOL elements of flight cannot be found in other modules (standfast helicopters) which give it some great flexibility in multiplayer games. Having said all of this I do, more generally, feel that early access is a polarising and increasingly outdated strategy for developers to rely on. I understand the idea of it...but there are two things involved that can piss people off. 1. The developers get all of my money on the first day. 2. The developers are not contracted to abide by a date by which the module reaches an agreed completed state.

So, I am a bit conflicted....but I suspect the F16 will be the last time I fall for early access.

There is like a year old post from Toilet2000 with a page long list of stuff thats missing. A bit of it has been added or fixed in the last year, but I'd wager most of it has not. Its a pretty easy exercise to look through the actual tac man and see whats not even implemented.

On the AA side, I don't think SEAM actually works right, and there is no seeker DMT slew (way handy for target ID).

A/G wise, and this is by no means the full list you have some major functionality missing.

No hotspot tracker (might never get that because reasons)

No ARBS wind/moving target compenstation (TPOD likely should be able to do that too)

Random bugs with Mavs (cooldown bug still there?), sidearms, maybe dumb bombs still?

Unrealistic CCIP behavior (or was this actually fixed, I don't recall any more).

Various missing MFD pages. CAS, others?

The aforementioned TPOD laser/slewing problems.

INS (ins drift etc) is variously incomplete, and since it ties into most of the weapon delivery calcs IRL I'd wager many of the delivery modes are "too good".

FM seems bland/digital to me compared to something like the F14/viggen at the edges of the envelope.

etc...

TOO button generates WP in midair instead of on the ground (or was that fixed?)

Tarawa mostly useless online for more than a year (pointing fingers at whoever for that one)

No VR pilot

So pretty far from 98%

On the plus side, we get JDAM's (though I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth on that because they will be more limited than the hornet/viper) and I think the CAS page is coming along too.

Can you fly it? Sure..

Can you drop some bombs on stuff? Sure..

Can you fly realistic mission profiles? Kinda, sorta, but also not depending on what you actually want to do.

Is it 98% done, LOL, nope...

Honestly, the most fun I've had with it is just offline doing TO/landing on things, which it can do. Once I started digging into the various nav systems, weapons systems, it rapidly became annoying. I've learned how to work around the various bugs, but the fact I have to do so in the first place means I don't fly it much anymore.

Good list. I'd also like to add that all INS target designation methods are not currently implemented, though the training materials act as if they are (HUD designation, HSI-to-target designation)

I have used the Harrier a great deal in BlueFlag PvP. It has some issues like the Maverick cool down which was a bit annoying when you have ingressed past a few enemy players and then cannot hit a target as a result. It does not happen all the time though and all things considered I still love it, and the challenge it is to fly - the VSTOL elements of flight cannot be found in other modules (standfast helicopters) which give it some great flexibility in multiplayer games. Having said all of this I do, more generally, feel that early access is a polarising and increasingly outdated strategy for developers to rely on. I understand the idea of it...but there are two things involved that can piss people off. 1. The developers get all of my money on the first day. 2. The developers are not contracted to abide by a date by which the module reaches an agreed completed state.

So, I am a bit conflicted....but I suspect the F16 will be the last time I fall for early access.

I agree that the VSTOL is unique, but thats kind-of a given. AND you really still aren't getting the full experience of it in-game or at least on MP servers since you can't do a rolling takeoff from the DCS cheeze lump farp (not razbams fault).

But yeah, the various bugs that show up either at start or after a while in a flight is the main reason I don't fly it much. I'm amazed that IR mavs still not fixed. I personally stopped using them, how's that for a workaround!

I also agree that there really needs to be a more consistent and higher bar for what EA is. And maybe different standards for ED vs 3rd party. At least with ED you tend to get regular fixes every month (the recent hornet vs F16 fiasco aside).

Good list. I'd also like to add that all INS target designation methods are not currently implemented, though the training materials act as if they are (HUD designation, HSI-to-target designation)

Yeah, there's usually more in the actual Tac-man that isn't implemented for a great many systems. I'd like a working INS (not just magic nav), and then wind correction/moving target bombing which relies on calculating that stuff from the ARBS rates and/or INS drift.

Don't forget to add the misalignment of the gun to the list of faults.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

It's still not possible to do a cold start following RL checklists because of bugs and incorrect things.

Things that were reported two years ago. That's just the very tip of the iceberg.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Harrier neglected again. I see mig 23 posts on the FB, and no official announcements for the harrier. I hope it doesn’t get placed on the back burner again for coding the mig23 when the 3D team is done, like it was for the mig19.

Edited by Shrike88

Harrier neglected again. I see mig 23 posts on the FB, and no official announcements for the harrier. I hope it doesn’t get placed on the back burner again for coding the mig23 when the 3D team is done, like it was for the mig19.

Usual cycle, when was the last time we got an actual new feature? Surely they put Harrier on back burner again.

Last update for the AV-8B was on Nov 13th, which included:

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Cockpit Textures:

- Fixed Spelling mistakes

Coding:

- Corrected drag index calculations

- Implemented Bingo for VREST page

- Implemented Cruise for VREST page

- Added F-16c to RWR database

The one before that was on April 9th and was basically entirely done by Baltic Dragon (20 training missions).

So (and please correct me if I'm wrong here)...

It took Razbam about 7 months to implement the things I quoted above...

This is just silly.. Considering what still should be implemented, it'll probably take another 5 years to complete this module at this pace

EDIT: As Kappa correctly pointed out to me, I messed up dates :doh:

Please ignore my post :P

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

The one before that was on April 9th and was basically entirely done by Baltic Dragon (20 training missions).

Maybe you mean 4th September :smilewink:

04-24-2019, 08:50 AM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3891283&postcount=56

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Damage Model is now enabled (WiP):

INS System

RWR Receiver

Weapons Stations

Chaff + Flares

SMS Damage enabled

DMT Damage enabled

FLIR Damage enabled

CMDS Damage enabled

CONF Page enabled

Training Missions updated

05-08-2019, 09:37 AM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904062&postcount=57

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

HUD Update: Steer-To point symbol available on NAV and VTOL modes.

HUD reacts to device damage:

- INS

- Mission Computer (MSC)

- Weapons Manager (SMS)

- Armament Control Panel (ACP)

- Aircraft Computer (ADC)

Roll Stabilized Sight (iron sight) enabled (WiP)

MPCD STRS (Stores) page reacts to device damage (WiP)

Weapons Manager (SMS) damage model update (WiP)

06-06-2019, 11:09 AM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3937948&postcount=59

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Kneeboard has been enabled

Bomb release order fixed

SITE bombsight enabled

Dashed lines for CCIP and SITE bombsight

HUD color fix

CCIP update (WiP); CCIP is now limited. Cross won't go below the HUD bottom.

06-21-2019, 01:25 PM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3957068&postcount=61

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

UFC ALT Function is now fully functional:

- GPWS can be enabled/temporarily disabled

- Pull Up Cue (PUC) can be enabled/disabled

- Low Altitude Warning can be set.

- Radar Altimeter can be turned On/Off

- Selection of RADALT and GPS for Ground Level determination is enabled.

07-17-2019, 10:48 AM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3981296&postcount=64

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

CTD when entering a new waypoint bug fix.

INS Stuck on invalid steerpoint bug fix.

EHSD not clearing after un-designating a target bug fix.

EHSD does not display range to waypoint bug fix.

EHSD Waypoint numbering corrected when using SEQ bug fix.

Kneeboard now displays the AWLS channel list.

RWR Codes updated to include J-11A and F-14B.

07-31-2019, 01:54 PM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3994426&postcount=65

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

TPOD Slave bug fix (Known issue it will not track moving vehicles locked by the DMT).

Kneeboard update: Target points 1 to 4 display (WiP).

09-04-2019, 02:13 PM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4027528&postcount=68

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Full set of 20 training missions made by Baltic Dragon is now available.

11-13-2019, 04:48 PM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4106676&postcount=78

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Cockpit Textures:

- Fixed Spelling mistakes

Coding:

- Corrected drag index calculations

- Implemented Bingo for VREST page

- Implemented Cruise for VREST page

- Added F-16c to RWR database

Edited by Kappa

--