Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Awesome! Will you have to wait until ED is (mostly) done with the Hornet before beginning development or will the campaign not include targeting pods and ground radar?

dead end for me but happy hunting for those who have this map :joystick:

It wasn't a limited edition or anything. The terrain detail in Iran alone is worth the price of admission. It makes the Nevada map look old (I still love Nevada btw). PG is ED's highest quality map, pick it up when you get a chance!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Awesome! Very much looking forward to that! :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Awesome! Will you have to wait until ED is (mostly) done with the Hornet before beginning development or will the campaign not include targeting pods and ground radar?

It wasn't a limited edition or anything. The terrain detail in Iran alone is worth the price of admission. It makes the Nevada map look old (I still love Nevada btw). PG is ED's highest quality map, pick it up when you get a chance!

I will be working on it hoping that those things will be added. Anyway the development process of campaign of this kind takes between 6 to 9 months, so we should be OK on the Hornet updates front. And I'll work on an assumption that we'll get the TGP. On the other hand, many of the systems used don't need to be referenced in the campaign, it will be up to player to properly employ them, so it shouldn't be a show stopper!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Awesome News BD Really looking forward to your hornet campaign. Would be glad once the hornet is finished there will be a similar campaign as the one you are making for the A-10C for people who will learn and train the F/A-18C

I cannot exclude it, especially that I recently read a very good book about the whole process of learning to fly the Hornet “Bogeys and Bandits” and with Jell-o and Sunshine I have great experts that could add so much to the whole campaign. Great idea, Weasel!

Damnit. Now I will need to spend more money. :)

I really like the idea of bringing a book to life in an interactive sim. That’s genius. However, whenever they make movies from books everyone always says the book was better. There’s your goal... make the DLC campaign better :)

Now this gets me thinking... If they only had the B-25 and I could be Yossarian with some comical airmen throwing Nately’s “girl” out the plane because we just can’t stand her... maybe in the near future...

“Catch 22” for those of you who haven’t read the classic yet.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Now this gets me thinking... If they only had the B-25 and I could be Yossarian with some comical airmen throwing Nately’s “girl” out the plane because we just can’t stand her... maybe in the near future...

“Catch 22” for those of you who haven’t read the classic yet.

I would make you fly with the Texan airman from the hospital. And censor all your letters. Best regards, Irving Washington. ;)

Rennes, Unfortunately, the DCS does not support DLC campaigns that would be compatible with MP. However, we have a few ideas with the Fighter Pilot Podcast team and want to deliver quality content also on the multiplayer front. Stay tuned for more info.

Could be good and thanx. However I wouldn’t buy it until the Hornet has a tgp and tws.
The campaign would several months to develop due to it's complex nature. Let hope that many of these essential features for the Hornet would have come in then before the campaign is ready. Beside Baltic dragon mentioned that they would like some more features to be added before the campaign is done.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys, a very WiP Ravens skin for the campaign.
Nice one. God's speed

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Perfect! Please finish the A-10C training campaign first (eagerly awaiting this one, for the old warhorse!), before you start working on the F/A-18 campaign.

Here Here....!!! What he said. You fly down that rabbit hole now we might not ever see you again.:(

Another old warhorse

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Here Here....!!! What he said. You fly down that rabbit hole now we might not ever see you again.:(

Another old warhorse

Working on Iron Flag as we speak :) as I mentioned somewhere else, we had a long break due to unforeseen circumstances (mainly: new kids and hurricanes). I have no problem working on a few projects at the same time, keeps things interesting for me, and there always are delays on one (like Voiceovers, bugs etc) that allow me to jump to another. So fear not!

I cannot exclude it, especially that I recently read a very good book about the whole process of learning to fly the Hornet “Bogeys and Bandits” and with Jell-o and Sunshine I have great experts that could add so much to the whole campaign. Great idea, Weasel!

Hey BD, something based on "Bogeys and Bandits" would be awesome! Loved that book as well. Really looking forward to the Raven One campaign!

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

Hey BD, something based on "Bogeys and Bandits" would be awesome! Loved that book as well. Really looking forward to the Raven One campaign!

It is a great book and would be a good basis for a training campaign. Perhaps in the future when I finish the Iron Flag!

Sign me up, looking forward to a quality Hornet campaign.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hmm, so since I do not own the persian gulf map, I really hope there will be a bundle...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 2 weeks later...

A small update - we finished working together with Kevin Miller on the list of 15 missions that will be included in the campaign, so the general outline is there. Also, with the help of Jell-O and Fighter Pilot Podcast team, we are preparing documentation, kneeboard and briefing templates to bring them as much as possible to those used in real life. List of voice actors for the main roles is practically ready. The skins for Ravens and Buccaneers, together with pilots with helmet decals and arm patches, are WiP with good progress (thanks komemiute!). Exciting times!