Mirage III or IAI Dagger Poll

=DECOY=

Mirage III or IAI Dagger Poll  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Mirage III or IAI Dagger Poll

• Mirage III
    • IAI Dagger

Recently Razbam mentioned they will be making period correct modules for the new Falklands currently in development, A couple of the platforms mentioned are the Mirage III and the IAI Dagger, However only one will be built.

Now its over to us, which module would you like to see in the new DCS Falklands map, I will be collating the votes here, the Facebook page and the website for Razbam.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they will do whatever they can get enough data for...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I guess they will do whatever they can get enough data for...

Thats what they said before. I think they found enough info on both of them and are now leaving the choice to the community. Either that, or they better start digging for data :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I would hope that we get the IAI Dagger, it's based on the Mirage V and if we are indeed getting the Argentinian version, as suggested by the fact they're calling it the Dagger and not the Nesher and the Falklands terrain, then it should have undergone the upgrade to bring it to Kfir C.2 standard. A brief perusal of the Kfir C.2s weapons offers much more variety than the Mirage IIICJ Shahak that they originally announced they were going to do before they mentioned the Dagger.

Is this an official thing?

Also, is there any more information on each particular version of the respective aircraft we are choosing from?

What model of each aircraft? What avionics? What are the differences in range and payload, if any? What are the differences in weapon load-outs between the two? Any difference in maneuverability?

It's on their facebook and website, so it seems to be official.

Initially, the Mirage III was announced and shortly thereafter they mentioned they intended to make a Mirage IIICJ Shahak, which had simplified electronics compared to the IIIC. The IAI Dagger we've received no information pertaining to variants though if it is at all related to the Falklands map, then the Dagger was modernized to Kfir C.2 standard.

I'm going to need a bit more info before I cast my vote. Mirage III is by far the more ubiquitous aircraft, being flown by over thirty countries around the world.

By comparison: the Dagger A is just a rebrand of the Nesher made for export purposes to Argentina, right? Flown by only three countries throughout its existence.

It would seem like the Mirage III would take this hands-down. Is there something about the inclusion of one or the other to even up this decision? Would the Dagger make far more sense in the context of when this operation is taking place, or would it be a springboard to other modules like the IAI Kfir? Would it have newer avionics and weapons?

I'm going to need a bit more info before I cast my vote. Mirage III is by far the more ubiquitous aircraft, being flown by over thirty countries around the world.

By comparison: the Dagger A is just a rebrand of the Nesher made for export purposes to Argentina, right? Flown by only three countries throughout its existence.

It would seem like the Mirage III would take this hands-down. Is there something about the inclusion of one or the other to even up this decision? Would the Dagger make far more sense in the context of when this operation is taking place, or would it be a springboard to other modules like the IAI Kfir? Would it have newer avionics and weapons?

The Mirage III on offer is the CJ Shahak, which has downgraded electronics and flew for Israel. The Dagger has better electronics and weapons options if it is the version that was upgrade to C.2 standard, which would make sense given that RAZBAM is developing a Falkland Islands map.

Argentina firstly received new built Mirage III EA from France before the second hand Dagger.

Prowler did show interest in possibly expanding to an IIIE, however the last confirmed information we have about it is the Shahak, unless he's made a statement recently saying the Mirage III they're thinking about is no longer the CJ.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2796536&postcount=8

Prowler did show interest in possibly expanding to an IIIE, however the last confirmed information we have about it is the Shahak, unless he's made a statement recently saying the Mirage III they're thinking about is no longer the CJ.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2796536&postcount=8

I know, but Mirage III C doesn’t belong to South Atlantic theatre :music_whistling:

So I’m trying some lobbying here :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I see the debate is oriented around the Falkland-Islands/argentina context, but the module has also to make sense for other maps. It make the Mirage III more legitimate.

A Mirage IIIE would be awesome, and many people will buy it. Just see the vote to understant the Dagger would have a smaller success.

And also, the Mirage can have jato ! Not the Dagger !

Mirage3E_1980_2-fusee.jpg

source and more info' (need to real baguette) : https://www.escadrilles.org/avions/gros-plan/mirage-3e/

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

I see the debate is oriented around the Falkland-Islands/argentina context, but the module has also to make sense for other maps. It make the Mirage III more legitimate.

A Mirage IIIE would be awesome, and many people will buy it. Just see the vote to understant the Dagger would have a smaller success.

And also, the Mirage can have jato ! Not the Dagger !

source and more info' (need to real baguette) : https://www.escadrilles.org/avions/gros-plan/mirage-3e/

The Shahak actually removed the RATO capability.

For me it depends on the variant.

Mirage III CJ or a Dagger then i go Dagger.

Mirage IIIEA or Dagger then i go Dagger.

For the Falklands scenario i see the Dagger as being more important then the Mirage IIIEA

(Larger numbers saw much more combat and had a direct impact on the conflict where as the IIIEA did not)

for a Falklands scenario we NEED a Dagger just as much as we need a Seaharrier or a Gr.3 where as a IIIEA is purely optional.

But if we are going outside of the Falklands i would prefer a Mirage IIIE

(Would still take a Dagger over a IIICJ though)

though in that scenario i would also prefer a Mirage V over a Dagger.

And if i had to pick between a Mirage IIIE or a Mirage V it would depend on the exact variant as there are many Mirage V variants that i would say are superior to the Mirage IIIE.

Edited by mattebubben