F-15E?

JazonXD

Hmm....then why do we even have back seaters still in the USAF for strike eagles?

To assist the pilot I suppose.

Aih5UWB.png

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

but we also wont have a "guy in back" independently keeping a lookout and reporting where los banditos are

orrrrrrr....

we'll have omniscient instantly-seeing seeing-through-the-aircraft-frame AI reporting with divine perfection all threats #unrealistic

*shrug*

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There will be a multi-crew ability for the RAZBAM module though, right?

I am sure they will, that would be a travesty to have the F-15E without multicrew, I was more thinking about when we don't have a friend to fly with it would be great to have a Jester AI in the F-15E eventually... We will see though, I do know that work has been ongoing in the background of this module since like 2011 when Razbam posted the first in game renders.

It seems that DCS World's devs both third party and ED are developing a good relationship with Boeing with the F/A-18C, AV-8B and now the F-15E I hope they can give Razbam access to sounds and documents to make this jet as awesome as the F/A-18 we have now...

I am holding out hope that this seemingly good relationship with Boeing could mean a Block I F/A-18E or F in the future!! (I'd personally prefer the F I think it looks better than the E)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Hmm....then why do we even have back seaters still in the USAF for strike eagles?

Today, multi-crew A/C are better for working the radios, double checking the JTAC and sharing the load on those long GWOT missions. Originally, pre-GPS, low level, LGB deliveries at night was thought to be a high enough workload to justify a WSO.

Some may remember Microprose's Strike Eagle III. That game had front/back multiplay. It would be cool to see again!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15_Strike_Eagle_III

Since I'm new to developments in this thread, I'm not sure if FBMP is already planned. Is there actually going to be an F15E in our lifetimes?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Is there actually going to be an F15E in our lifetimes?

A few months.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

To share the workload, the same reason for any other backseater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

but the question is in what state?

Probably Early access mode without any guided muntions TGP or A/G radar modes like ED's F/A18 if its coming so soon.

IF its true that in a matter of months they obviously aren't going into the HYpe train mode, with mini updates and videos like ED did in the months prior to EA hornet release.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

but the question is in what state?

As long as it is on par with the F-15C on release I will be satisfied enough to play it instead of the F-15C.

As long as it is on par with the F-15C on release I will be satisfied enough to play it instead of the F-15C.

you mean no clickable cockpits, overly simplified systems but with the Price tag of a full fledged module?:lol:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

you mean no clickable cockpits, overly simplified systems but with the Price tag of a full fledged module?:lol:

I assumed clickable cockpits and fully modeled systems are a given with any full fidelity module.

I just want something that is roughly on par with the F-15C from a multiplayer perspective on early access release.

I bought the F-15c module to support DCS but i don't know how anyone can fly that thing with the horribly overwhelming canopy bow.

It's like trying to fly an airplane sitting under a highway overpass

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

I assumed clickable cockpits and fully modeled systems are a given with any full fidelity module.

I just want something that is roughly on par with the F-15C from a multiplayer perspective on early access release.

F-15E is far less maneuverable and fast as the F-15C. If razbam is putting the 229 motor into the strike eagle it will be a bit better for high speed and altitude, but the CFTs add a ton of drag in the transonic region and make it lose a lot of speed in high G turns. It will not be as good as F-15C in PvP.

Now if you had the unrealistic option of flying them with no CFTs and 229 motors... that would be a beast

Now if you had the unrealistic option of flying them with no CFTs and 229 motors... that would be a beast

The Singaporeans seem to like taking the CFT's off of their F-15SG's for airshows haha! I've also seen photos F-15K's and F-15I's fly without CFTs but that would never be an operational thing...

It will be interesting to see if Razbam lets us take the CFT's off or not, my guess would be not because I think it would be a lot of extra work to have the flight model coded for with CFTs fitted and without.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I'd be happy with just a clickable cockpit in the F15C...impossible to fly in VR without it.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

The F-15C by itself never had the price of a full fledged module. Surely you can't be talking about the value of FC3? That was well worth the money with the inclusion of the advanced flight models.

it was sassy comment. Thats not what i meant at all

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I'd be happy with just a clickable cockpit in the F15C...impossible to fly in VR without it.

Strange. The F-15C is my number 1 airframe for flying in tha club. :D

I've no problems to fly in VR. Mapping joystick for the most functions and the oculus CV1 have a little gap under the nose to spot the keys from your keyboard. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

wanted --- full DCS-level F-15C (ASM - advanced systems modeling)

Couldn't agree more. I imagine the E would be comparable BVR, but the threat of winding up in a dogfight would make me hesitant to engage a fighter, let alone with a numbers disadvantage.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)