Persian Gulf ground assets?

Wondering if ED ever said it will release some ground assets for Hormuz. Seeing how new units were released with Normandy maybe we will get some new tanks, trucks and APC's for Hormuz like M-47, M-60 or Chieftain tanks. Irianian soldier with proper cammo, etc.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• ED Team

We have had no indication that this will happen, the terrain alone is a huge task, we will just have to wait and see what ED have in mind.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We have had no indication that this will happen, the terrain alone is a huge task, we will just have to wait and see what ED have in mind.

Yeah, no news about that. Hope they give it a go to some new vehicles, there not that many we will need and will add a bit more spice to CA.

I would expect that though...

Wondering if ED ever said it will release some ground assets for Hormuz. Seeing how new units were released with Normandy maybe we will get some new tanks, trucks and APC's for Hormuz like M-47, M-60 or Chieftain tanks. Irianian soldier with proper cammo, etc.

I agree that we will need to see what happens, however new land is not complete if we still populate this with what is currently there in terms of land units.

Surely I would love to see at least Iran to use its units but I doubt it - even with paid Asset Pack approach.

Think of NTTR - not even a single unit that would fit it for the US.

WWII is different historical period, hence an asset pack.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It's their job and it their product...

Please,let's hope they don't take this approach again. A paid Combined Arms Cold War, yes, but let's keep the servers open as we can to players.

I don't mind paying for the quality, so I beg to differ here. I said that I doubt it will be created even as a paid add on, however I would not mind paying for such add-on that represents accurately both, units and nations.

Same as with the current “modern” assets we have in free DCS World – inaccurate, poor quality and limited variety, but hey, I can’t complain, it is free after all.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I almost bought a car last year..

I wouldn't put it past them. But scenarios involving Iranian ground forces in the Strait of Hormuz are almost non-existent. With the exception of a garrisoned Abu Musa, war in the Strait of Hormuz will be largely fought from air and sea.

Almost makes a HUGE difference, did you know? Besides with Hornet, Warthog, and other A2G capable A/C I think it would be nice to have accurate ground assets to attack.

Would you say that scenarios involving ground forces available today (DCS 1.5.x / 2.x) are more likely than "almost non-existent"?

What war?

Finally, even sticking to your idea, how about air and see assets accurately represented in DCS?

Almost makes a HUGE difference, did you know? Besides with Hornet, Warthog, and other A2G capable A/C I think it would be nice to have accurate ground assets to attack.

Would you say that scenarios involving ground forces available today (DCS 1.5.x / 2.x) are more likely than "almost non-existent"?

What war?

Finally, even sticking to your idea, how about air and see assets accurately represented in DCS?

Look at the map of the Strait of Hormuz. Unless you're planning on a scenario in which Iran invades the UAE, which would be a complete denial of the reality regarding Iranian military capabilities, there isn't a whole lot of opportunity to attack ground platforms.

Abu Musa and the other islands belonging to Iran are the exception. There, I can definitely see ground vehicles as means of garrisoning the island. But on Iran proper? You're going to be targeting fixed facilities or aircraft and ships while they're on the ground or in port.

If we have the country we should have the ground assets, cause following your way of thinking we shouldn't have anything represented in Iran apart from those fixed facilities and ships on the port.

There aren't many of them so I hope ED can build them.

M-47 classic:

3F4gpvC.jpg

Updated variant, the Sabalan:

PWVNcmP.jpg

The M60 is already in game, but in a pretty poor 3d model.

D9YmZxO.jpg

If we have the country we should have the ground assets, cause following your way of thinking we shouldn't have anything represented in Iran apart from those fixed facilities and ships on the port.

By all means, build them. I'm just saying they really serve no purpose other than ornaments. I can definitely picture such vehicles on Abu Musa. But Abu Musa's a small island and such vehicles would probably be destroyed in short order. In a Strait of Hormuz scenario, there's not many situations where Iranian ground forces would need to be attacked.

Hopefully, they'll prioritize Iranian SAM, AAA, and surface-to-surface missiles when it comes to ground vehicles.

The latest newsletter update talks about detailed trains and carriages being added into the Nevada map. So I would hope that more important items, objects and vehicles are also found in the Hormuz map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

The latest newsletter update talks about detailed trains and carriages being added into the Nevada map. So I would hope that more important items, objects and vehicles are also found in the Hormuz map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd actually love to see "ambiance" items like cars, trains, and commercial air traffic long before I see any APCs and tanks. I want the theater to be a living, breathing world first before it becomes a war zone.

I agree to a point..

I'd actually love to see "ambiance" items like cars, trains, and commercial air traffic long before I see any APCs and tanks. I want the theater to be a living, breathing world first before it becomes a war zone.

Yeah, true, but without this live / breathing world reacting to the events - useless. I just can't stand anymore so called civilian traffic, that is not even AI, that passes right by the convoy I am just actively engaging. I keep my civ. traffic off and pretend all civilians left due to the conflict - most of the times they do anyway...

maxresdefault.jpg

that is one big f-ing rocket!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yeah, true, but without this live / breathing world reacting to the events - useless. I just can't stand anymore so called civilian traffic, that is not even AI, that passes right by the convoy I am just actively engaging. I keep my civ. traffic off and pretend all civilians left due to the conflict - most of the times they do anyway...

Depends on the size and scale of the conflict. Iran-Iraq was a pretty goshdarn big war, but Bandar Abbas didn't become a ghost city.

Not sure why people think every war has to be like the two world wars. Most wars aren't.

Edited by CheckGear

I agree. The civilian traffic can be extremely immersion breaking. If they were more reactive to the things going on around them, it might not be so bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Honestly I feel this is an area where a third party could step in. But DCS need a good bit of an overhaul of it's ground assets, and the addition of many more. With the addition of the third generation fighters, we need targets that fit the conflicts these jets, and choppers were used in. This also seems like a relatively easy way to make some income.