New user video and control questions

Hi all,

I have a few questions that several evenings of reading either don't answer or provide conflicting information as remedies.

• I have a standard SoftTH setup at 4.038095 Aspect and the game world looks beautiful, however my cockpit view is zoomed right in; I feel like one of those old grannies peering over the cars steering wheel with my face jammed against the windscreen. I am able to pull back using the '/' key but that is a temp thing as subsequent key presses revert to 'granny' mode. How am I able to resolve this by default settings?
  • I am having problems with my joystick, my previous install of DCS BS (Russian; now have the official English release) allowed me to use the eeerrrm throttle level as a throttle to change height etc. I can't seem to map it in this install and in fact can't find a way of adjusting height or speed full stop.

As you may of guessed, I am a complete noob; however I am fairly good at evaluating and interpreting information so any help would be very much appreciated. Hope to see you in all in a server environment sooner rather than later and to becoming part of the community.

Regards,

Steve.

Edited by SteveAirCav

Phenom 9850 Quad core AMD, Windows 7 64bit Pro, 4GB, 8800GTX, 9800GT 19''x22''x19'' @4240x1050, T.Flight Hotas X, Nostromo, TrackIR 2 via FreeTrack, FGT 3-in-1 etc.

Edit Line 50 and 51 in View.lua with Notepad++ to read

DisableSnapViewsSaving = false

UseDefaultSnapViews = false

Now when in cockpit setup the view exactly the way you want it (Zoom & Position) And press Right ALT and NUMPAD 0 to save your new default view.

For the Throttle on the joystick, map it to the "Collective". Make sure you are select "Ka-50 Real" in the Options -> Controls.

Nate

DCS BlackShark Cockpit zoom and position

Hi Nate and thank you for the lightening fast response.

Edit Line 50 and 51 in View.lua with Notepad++ to read

DisableSnapViewsSaving = false

UseDefaultSnapViews = false

Now when in cockpit setup the view exactly the way you want it (Zoom & Position) And press Right ALT and NUMPAD 0 to save your new default view.

Your Video fix was spot on, albeit the settings you specified happen to be at lines 26 & 27 (in v1.0) and already set to 'false'; using your key combo of 'Right ALT and NUMPAD 0' locked my cockpit zoom and position into place.

Regards,

Steve.

Edited by SteveAirCav

Phenom 9850 Quad core AMD, Windows 7 64bit Pro, 4GB, 8800GTX, 9800GT 19''x22''x19'' @4240x1050, T.Flight Hotas X, Nostromo, TrackIR 2 via FreeTrack, FGT 3-in-1 etc.

T.Flight Hotas X Joystick throttle / collective

Nate, this one took me a little longer, however without you...

For the Throttle on the joystick, map it to the "Collective". Make sure you are select "Ka-50 Real" in the Options -> Controls.

I found the setting under 'Flight Control Collective' in the specified section Ka-50 -> Axis Commands.

Regards,

Steve.

Nate,

If my reponses seemed a little clinical, it's purely as I was trying to 'title, tag and keyword' the responses in order to make them search-able for those who may follow :)

I am now up and flying!

Cheers,

Steve

'available in a flaming crater near you very soon'

Edited by SteveAirCav