Is B-17G going to get roughmet patch?

Hydrox

B-17 wasn't shiny as in polished during WW II.

For several reasons, visibility and labor being among them.

The shiny polished warbirds is an airshow thing.

Back then they were tools for a serious purpose.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Exactly.

The empty plane looks strange.

I am also waiting for the appearance of the crew on board B-17.

How about being able to load bombs and send them on a bombing mission?

Kinda strange to have a bomber with no bombs let alone no crew.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Many bare aluminum fighters were polished for speed. It wouldn't surprise me if a few B-17s were given a similar treatment. If they were concerned about being spotted, they would have kept painting them. Instead the focus was on saving weight and money once air superiority was pretty much achieved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Any chance of performance enhancements on WWII assets? I recognized that Ugra is done with the Normandy map (maybe someone can sell the rights and make the map a proper map), and we can get back to making this an awesome theater again.

Reason I ask-monster machine, Reverb, and went to play a campaign mission that both with a reduced amount of B-17s and full compliment in VR, my machine crapped out.

Playing the SAME mission in TrackIR, no reduction in units, I got a 60-70 FPS on Ultra high settings.