Carrier Elevators?

BonerCat

Not doubting for a moment what you say but i am obviously doing something wrong (nothing new there then) Any AI aircraft i have seen head for the elevator, get on it, lift does what a lift does, they then hop off, head for the hanger and then reappear on the deck and either hit anything in the way or block the landing area. I also was not aware a "real" player could do it, though i am sure i read somewhere else you can.

Afaik the elevators are used only when the deck is full. You can only ride along the AI if you set yourself properly. I never said it's bug free ;)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It's anyone's guess on how we are going to be able to interact with the SC regarding elevators & hangar deck. I don't see the point in modeling a hangar deck or elevators if we can use them. There's a reason why most of the questions in this thread has been moved to the wishlist thread. There obviously won't be any tugs or walking around. This post hasn't been moved because there are working elevators, again, what's the point if we can interact/use them, realistic or not.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

My oh my... Sorry Chaogen, I can't hear you from all the way up that high horse you're perched on. If you had actually read my argument, it mainly revolves around picking yours apart, seeing as you think features we already have bring performance to that of a "slideshow" (in case you didn't get it, which yeah, apparently you didn't - this is why I called the performance argument you made an over-exaggeration).

Because they are... I was quoting you directly... It's already present with no measurable ill-effects or performance complaints. You offer no rebuttal other than sticking your fingers in your ears... You also like to throw around various logical fallacies, yet never actually addressing much of anything.

Did you misinterpret what I said AGAIN?

My point was concerning functional elevators, and a hangar (literally a box with a collideable floor and walls, that looks like the hangar of a Nimitz class) - you know the thing that's already there. How. Many. Freaking. Times.

:megalol:

So you admit that you have simply posted all of your replies to pick my argument apart? I would very much like to know what prior interactions we had to piss you off that much? Oh wait, not relevant and I don't care.

Just to recap, because TL;DR.

1.cptmrcalm has now stated that in fact his request was for the purpose of full immersion, and a modeled hangar deck "Because that would be immersive. A celebratory end to a mission. To help put into perspective the flight I just had. To add to the immersion that the ship is alive with a hive of activity.", even though the Flight Ops part does not include going down the elevator. See you keep running around in circles partially quoting me, when I have repeatedly stated that its not just the hangar deck but everything that goes along with it. What’s the point of modeling an empty deck, since this whole module is centered around adding animated deck crew? Especially since the one that's "already there" and doesn't add a "Significant Advantage" to convince cptmrcalm to buy the SC Module. Or at least in his original post. I am "hung-up" on those two words (all of 3 times) because that was what my question was quoted and directed at. You inferred it was an argument against the animated elevators simply because of the thread it was in. So not off-topic, since it is most certainly related and I wasn't making "it" up, even if it wasn't asked for it verbatim. It was the intent of the request, as is all the other requests in this forum regarding the hanger deck and ability for a player to use the elevators. None of your 4 responses provided any answer consistent with what cptmrcalm requested or posted. Again, you are more interested in arguing with me than answering the specific question. And if your simple answer is NO, then what are you doing here? (Again this is a rhetorical question btw.)

2.We all agree it would be nice to see the AI Deck Crew move planes to below with elevators, as long as it does not impact performance. You're the one that inferred my argument is against the elevators in general, even though I specifically quoted cptmrcalm in my original reply and wrote aquestion.

3.As update 2.5.6 has proved, bad coding and memory leaks, will in-fact turn MP into a sub 15 fps slideshow eventually crashing the server, which now makes it unplayable for everyone to the point where our MEs had to remove carriers from all the missions. And this is directly related to the existing Stennis you like to refer to so much. So let alone additional code and potential sync issues required to address the animated crew below deck (what would be the point of a static crew below when this module brings us animated crew? Since we already have static crew available..), being run-over by someone taxing a jet into the hangar deck along with the collision models ect. If it is static great, cuts down on performance/sunc issues. But then you wouldn't be able to taxi your jet anyway through the packed hangar, realistic or not. So whats the point? (rhetorical)

4. I'm sure this gets lost every-time, but I do not care what people do in SP. I do not play it, but I do care if the wish-list item impacts MP performance for something that does not add to the Flight OPS part of this Sim. Perhaps the solution is one version for SP with all the non essential wishlist items modeled and animated, and one stripped version with Flight Deck OPS geared for MP/Sync performance (Even though many features are geared solely towards MP anyway, Airboss and LSO for instance..).

That said, you keep making the argument personal, as if this is some attack on you specifically, and while I have on occasion responded in kind, I prefer not to. You are the one who started this from a 157 word post. You have no reservations about attempting to insult me, although again I really do not care. I most certainly do not need your validation. And I'm not going to max out font size to get my point across. I'm not going to quote every single line and pick sentences apart or bring you evidence of well know issues such as deck sliding and bad MP Ordinance tracks. I'm sure your board of post printouts and red strings are quite impressive, but that is a waste of my time to do the same. Besides that's not how the real world works, and that may simply be some life lessons you still have yet to experience. The TFES is a nice touch, but irrelevant and since you have resorted to this level of argument, perhaps it is a sign that maybe you should be done. Maybe find a more relaxing hobby to focus your energy on.

On that note don't bother with another 1800 word SA. It is indeed futile and not because of your argument skills, but rather your lack of being concise and able to focus on the core issue of my original post and addressing that specific question, especially in light of the subsequent responses. I certainly will not be participating in your tirade anymore.

Would like to see the elevators working along with the ready room and LSO station but all these are behind the functional ATC, deck crews, and lights for my priority preference.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Guys. Simulations are all about immersion. I’m an old fart and I like to be immersed...

But for me, I’d want something significant to what we have already.

If I can park up on an elevator and use the radio to be lowered down into the hanger bay – even if just to roll forward off the ramp to bring up the escape menu – then I’m in.

(I don’t ever think I’ve seen that before in any flight sim?)...

Because that would be immersive. A celebratory end to a mission. To help put into perspective the flight I just had. To add to the immersion that the ship is alive with a hive of activity.

Wow. I’d be in...

But heck. If they don’t implement them, then opportunity missed and ill probably pass. Depending on its other features...

As someone further back in the thread put:

“f I’m paying that much money i want elevators and hangar honestly down the road, if not at release

Its meant to be supercarrier not lazy implementation carrier.”

I couldn't agree more... I don't want just a crew on deck. I want to feel like the carrier's a living and breathing module with many moving parts. I like what they did with the Stennis, but I don't want a slightly improved version of it.

Edited by Psyph3r
Just added continuation periods
  • Like 1

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased Supercarrier just today and I hope to be able to play it as soon as possible.I create missions with the editor and often I'm just watching what happens, sometimes I don't even fly the plane but I take control of some land vehicle. (at the end of the battle there may still be some enemy among the wreckage) I can't wait to observe the flight operations as they take place from a few meters away without interfering perhaps during bad weather ^^ Direct the aircraft carrier, launch everything I have against the enemy and yes, the elevators will have to work! They are the heart of the ship, in the Pacific the Japanese Kamikazes threw themselves right against the elevators! Destroy those the ship is useless. ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha!

Wags said:
Will the elevators work?

Yes, they will work automatically for the AI to move aircraft off the deck to prevent over-crowding. Later with the inclusion of the Air Boss station, we will also allow players to manually raise and lower them.

Will the hangar be included?

Yes, and modeling is already underway. However, given that pilots never get into or out of their aircraft in the hangars, this is a lower priority and is scheduled for a later date.

How'd you like them apples?

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on

Air Boss shouting: "lights on deck!" :megalol:

Model that please.:thumbup:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 1 month later...

I missed a part of the conversation but I am for working player elvators, but actually the first thing that need to be added is pushback tractors for those on deck, after that why not make it so the pushback tractor maneuvres your plane to the elevator and then parks you somewhere in the hangar, it already exist for AI planes (with the exception of a working pushback tractor). Yeah for some it may be unrealistic but guess what, you can just not use this feature, I mean it's at least not like parking the plane in the hangar with a player in it breaks all known laws of physics in the real life so I don't see the issue. If it really bothers some just consider your pilot has exited the plane before and see it as a camera that's positioned in the plane.

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

I missed a part of the conversation but I am for working player elvators, but actually the first thing that need to be added is pushback tractors for those on deck, after that why not make it so the pushback tractor maneuvres your plane to the elevator and then parks you somewhere in the hangar, it already exist for AI planes (with the exception of a working pushback tractor). Yeah for some it may be unrealistic but guess what, you can just not use this feature, I mean it's at least not like parking the plane in the hangar with a player in it breaks all known laws of physics in the real life so I don't see the issue. If it really bothers some just consider your pilot has exited the plane before and see it as a camera that's positioned in the plane.

Press F2 for AI aircraft going on elevator. You're welcome.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 5 months later...
Press F2 for AI aircraft going on elevator. You're welcome.

Pressing F2 is for External View of Aircraft.

I may be blind, but I was unable to find any info on whether or not the aircraft carrier elevators will be functional, either EA or Release, and if there will be a hangar below the main deck of the carrier. Could someone please clarify this? Thanks

I'm blind like BonerCat... So again:

1. What is the key-command for "Pushback"?

2. What is the key-command to "activate the Elevator"?

3. What is the key-command to "move away parked Aircraft on the Elevator"?

Please restrict to short brief Info if available and avoid embedding it in long Novel-like enlightenment that leads to nothing but getting lost in the stud. It's really weary sometimes to find a practical clue in some thread that leads to nothing less than a futile search for the needle in a haystack. Thanks

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Biba said:

Pressing F2 is for External View of Aircraft.

Yes, the only way to see it in action is to look at an AI aircraft do it. When an AI aircraft lands, they will usually taxi to an elevator (assisted by an invisible pushback that's not available to the player) and after a set amount of time, the elevator will descend and they'll move into the hangar.

Biba said:
I'm blind like BonerCat... So again:

1. What is the key-command for "Pushback"?

2. What is the key-command to "activate the Elevator"?

3. What is the key-command to "move away parked Aircraft on the Elevator"?

There isn't one for any of these things at the moment. The only saving grace is that the 2 included static pushbacks are fully animated, so maybe in the future they'll be made functional (well, at least the one that's up on deck).

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yes, the only way to see it in action is to look at an AI aircraft do it. When an AI aircraft lands, they will usually taxi to an elevator (assisted by an invisible pushback that's not available to the player) and after a set amount of time, the elevator will descend and they'll move into the hangar... There isn't one for any of these things at the moment. The only saving grace is that the 2 static pushbacks are full animated, so maybe in the future they'll be made functional (well, at least the one that's up on deck).

Thanks for the Info

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 2 years later...

Right now when I fly the aircraft onto the flight deck I fly about 40 AI aircraft on there

They all go to the elevator and wind up in the hangar Bay

The problem with that is obvious that there's not enough space in a hanger before that many aircraft number one

But my desire is to turn the aircraft carrier back into the wind and relaunch some of them

I can't do that because AI moved all the aircraft into the hangar Bay

I I would be happy just to say that the hangar Bay is at capacity I don't know 15 or 20 airplanes

CCan't can't hold anymore

So the rest of the planes have to stay on the deck

Seems like a simple usable solution at least to my problem

On 6/27/2023 at 2:22 AM, Steel Jaw said:

The supercarrier hangers look unrealistically small to me.

I thought it was my imagination. I have the same feeling in VR.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:39 PM, fagulha said:

I thought it was my imagination. I have the same feeling in VR.

Since the model size is correct, you'll have to find DCS IPD value that suits you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Since the model size is correct, you'll have to find DCS IPD value that suits you.

i use 53 in the hornet, what do you and others here use?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

9 minutes ago, Wavehopper said:

Is it due to receive any attention in the near future as it seems forgotten about?

Short answer, yes.

Writing software is a little like building fence, and I've done both.  You can't do anything until something else is complete, and the something else depends on yet another job that has to be done.  They're working on some core functionality that will play a part in pretty much everything before they can use that functionality to carry forward with the SC.

As frustrating as it is this is a good thing; they're setting up the foundation for a lot of improvements rather than re-inventing wheels with every module, and every module works different, and things break, and other things fall apart.  If it help it's frustrating for end users, and it's frustrating for the guys going blind behind the IDE busting their butts while the end users question if anyone is doing anything  🙂

So, to use a shipbuilding analogy, where they used to build modules from the keel up, piece by piece, they're transitioning to modular construction.  While trying to keep the existing ships afloat, because the drydock is full of modules...

I've used the F11 free camera to do a tour of the SC, and I can say there's a lot of things missing.  The modeling in the main machinery rooms is pretty sparse...

• Like 1

• ED Team

Folks appreciate it seems like a long project development, but the team is bringing features to DCS that have never been seen before and it will take time. 

We are currently testing directors on the deck and we will share more news when ready. 

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2