F-16 vs JF-17

13WELT_JankeS

Don't you feel that the JF-17 has overstated flight model parameters? (or F-16 much too weak) Together with a friend we tried dogfights between F-16 and JF-17 by changing sides. Once I piloted the F-16, then the JF-17, several times in turns. Dogfight guns only won the one who sat in JF-17 every time. In F-16 the pilot was quickly very close to blackout. The pilot's resistance to overload forces in JF-17 is much higher. JF-17 is easier to maintain speed at maximum G. F-16 can lose speed very easily. The F-16 was the number one fighter for me and it's hard to believe that it could have such a problem with the JF-17. With both modules, you can set the dogfight F-16 with JF-17 and fly with AI changing planes. The difference is very noticeable. But how does this relate to reality?

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I’ve had the complete opposite experience. The JF-17 seems to lose speed quickly at high G and has a very hard time gaining energy back quickly. It feels like a bit of a pig to be honest. At low speed it’s very responsive much like the F/A-18 but the turn rate and energy of the F-16 just can’t be beat.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

From what I've experienced the AI JF-17 is like an F-5 on crack, it's impossible to get anywhere near them, they just go into that endless loop.

There are only two fighters that I've had a tough time against in my 4v1 Excellent AI dogfight mission I have setup and it's the F-5 but most of all the JF-17 it's UFO to the max with AI.

I Personally don't take anything the JF-17 (weapons/fighter characteristics) does particularly to heart. To me the JF-17 is an FC3 fighter with a clickable cockpit and friction-less missiles/weapons.

How can it's flight characteristics be verified or believed given how little those countries want information on that relatively new fighter to be out there. There are manuals and general information online for most other DCS fighters. (not sure how prevalent JF-17 info is online but I would imagine it's scarce if non-existent)

The JF-17's selling point is its many OP weapons which are all available on upon the modules release, Deka themselves said they worked on it for two serious years out of three. (or something similar)

I could be wrong but this is my assumption and the general premise I am under due to my own opinion on the matter. I apologize if I am wrong or if someone is going to say DCS would do their do diligence, it's just how I perceive it from seeing it's performance since release and given where the plane originates.

That being said I am happy that there is a module that can attract more people to DCS and therefore keep this game alive. What I said above are just opinions not backed up by anything other than my own feelings so again, apologies if I've offended.

I think it is a common sense that F-16 has better performance in WVR while JF-17 relied more on missile

https://hushkit.net/2019/07/19/flying-fighting-in-the-jf-17-thunder-interview-with-pakistan-air-force-fighter-pilot/

Check his comments on WVR fight in an JF17 against a F-16.

JF-17 with PL-10 mod (currently in pipeline) will trump F-16 with AIM-9M any day of the week, but currently on brute performance F-16 has the edge.

Which aircraft have you flown DACT against- which was the most challenging and why?

“DACT : F-16 Block-52+ , Mirage, F:7P.

I’ve had the complete opposite experience. The JF-17 seems to lose speed quickly at high G and has a very hard time gaining energy back quickly. It feels like a bit of a pig to be honest. At low speed it’s very responsive much like the F/A-18 but the turn rate and energy of the F-16 just can’t be beat.

Have you checked how JF-17 behaves during the flight after updating to version 2.5.6?

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H