Real time weather (METAR) on your server missions HOW TO

Johnny_Rico

Build this over the course of the last few days.

If it helps you guys I am glad.

Happy for any pull requests or issues on github.

https://github.com/destotelhorus/DCS-WeatherInjector

Or if you just want to use it ad hoc without any big hassle:

https://dcsweather.dth.rocks/

to get weather into your MIZ file as an online service.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• 2 weeks later...

Hello thanks for the service, I am ignorant with these software, I tried to use the link of your site but at the loading of the mix the page give me error, I mistake something in the file miz

Hello thanks for the service, I am ignorant with these software, I tried to use the link of your site but at the loading of the mix the page give me error, I mistake something in the file miz

Hi Freccia02 .. I'll look into that as soon as I am home.

Most likely something odd in the METAR data or potentially the MIZ file.

Since the MIZ file isn't kept, please hold on to it should I need some info from that. But I'll go for logfiles first :-)

BR,

Deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Hi Freccia02 .. I'll look into that as soon as I am home.

Most likely something odd in the METAR data or potentially the MIZ file.

Since the MIZ file isn't kept, please hold on to it should I need some info from that. But I'll go for logfiles first :-)

BR,

Deadpool

perfect worked great

• 2 months later...

Morning all.

I've been racking my brain to get this up and running and keep getting these errors. Any ideas please...

Thank you in advance

Scan WARNINGS: 3

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\VCW3Server1\Missions>ren VAF AT NTTR.zip VAF AT NTTR.miz
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\VCW3Server1\Missions>cd /D "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\"

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin>start /D"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\" /B dcs.exe

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

When I look at the my paths they are all correct so I have no idea whats going on.

I have the mission saved as VAF_AT_NTTR and not what its indicating here. :huh::huh::huh:

@deadpoolL

Hey thanks for the DCSweather. I'm also having issues with installing it so I thought I'd try the website. fantastic idea, but when I uploaded a mission it changed the time from 7am to 6pm.. Not sure why as I thought it grabs the latest wx for the selected airport..

Cheers

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Morning all.

I've been racking my brain to get this up and running and keep getting these errors. Any ideas please...

Thank you in advance

Scan WARNINGS: 3

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\VCW3Server1\Missions>ren VAF AT NTTR.zip VAF AT NTTR.miz
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\VCW3Server1\Missions>cd /D "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\"

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin>start /D"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\" /B dcs.exe

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

When I look at the my paths they are all correct so I have no idea whats going on.

I have the mission saved as VAF_AT_NTTR and not what its indicating here. :huh::huh::huh:

@deadpoolL

Hey thanks for the DCSweather. I'm also having issues with installing it so I thought I'd try the website. fantastic idea, but when I uploaded a mission it changed the time from 7am to 6pm.. Not sure why as I thought it grabs the latest wx for the selected airport..

Cheers

Hi if you add .fixedtime. into the filename, it won't touch the time.

Otherwise it will set the time to the current time. Though I should check if it messes up due to websites server timezone. Not sure about that one off hand.

- Deadpool

hi everyone.

Couple of questions? This is in regards to real time weather (METAR) by havoc. It seems I have the script running good as it loads and creates the associated files. However, saying that I believe that its not working properly as I see know wx changes within the mission itself.

so my first questions is

!. Is anyone running this on an dedicated server instance folder?

2. If so how exactly do you have it setup?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks deadpool, I've copied and modified your script for my own build pipeline (credit given, of course).

I hope you don't mind ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Absolutely encouraged and great. Love it if it did something good for you. Best greetings to France!

Deadpool

Thanks man, appreciated !

Cheers.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

hi everyone.

Couple of questions? This is in regards to real time weather (METAR) by havoc. It seems I have the script running good as it loads and creates the associated files. However, saying that I believe that its not working properly as I see know wx changes within the mission itself.

so my first questions is

!. Is anyone running this on an dedicated server instance folder?

2. If so how exactly do you have it setup?

Cheers

Anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did you get the latest one form the link (it was updated last week)

the API changed for the weather providers

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did and as I indicated its creating the files and seems to be obtaining wx. However, what it is doing is starting the DCS.exe which I don't want because it consistently is unresponsive. As I was asking if anyone runs this through a dedicated server which uses a custom write folder.

That seems to be the issue...

Thanks again... I appreciate the help...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes our server uses this and has done for years the folder we use is not on C drive progam files (as permissions would be a pain)

eg

D:\games\_Saved_games\user\DCS.openbeta_server\Missions

add more parameters to the end of the start up line eg

start /D%DCS_PATH% /B /HIGH %DCS_EXE% --norender --server -w DCS.openbeta_pg

master download copy has been updated with more info

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Yes our server uses this and has done for years the folder we use is not on C drive progam files (as permissions would be a pain)

eg

D:\games\_Saved_games\user\DCS.openbeta_server\Missions

add more parameters to the end of the start up line eg

start /D%DCS_PATH% /B /HIGH %DCS_EXE% --norender --server -w DCS.openbeta_pg

master download copy has been updated with more info

Now that's what I'm talking about. this worked perfectly. :pilotfly:So, if I may ask what are you doing for server reboots are you using triggers to reboot or timer to kill the server and at the same time restart the CMd prompt to reboot the server. As well how are you dealing with the real time because does it not say to set the computer time to mission time as it starts or are you running it at random.

EDIT: unfortunately, I can confirm that it’s doing what it’s suppose to do but it’s not uploading the ws data to the server mission at all. Any suggestions here?

again I appreciate it thank you.

Cheers

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you have registered an account for the weather API providers and entered your key

?? That's one of the first things I've done. It simply is not working, I've read through and through these posts followed every step and still not injecting into the mission. As i indicated its seems to be doing what its suppose to be doing but not injecting any changes into the mission file.

I'm simply at a loss and frustrated..

cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wood is right that it is not working correctly. The python script never extracts the mission and theatre files from the miz file. Fixed by adding these lines that I would guess were present at some point back into the script.

extract_mission_file(G.s_mission_miz_path, G.s_mission_miz_filename, 'mission')

extract_mission_file(G.s_mission_miz_path, G.s_mission_miz_filename, 'theatre')

the batch file is supposed to take care of file extraction , that is why those lines were removed

been a while since we looked at this, version linked in first post has been updated, sorry for the trouble

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

the batch file is supposed to take care of file extraction , that is why those lines were removed

been a while since we looked at this, version linked in first post has been updated, sorry for the trouble

Hey no trouble. Great work! Thanks so much for it. I’m still learning and defiantly glad RR was able to help.

Thanks again for this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Winds generated 180 degrees off from Metar

Hello. I posted this yesterday but deleted it because I wanted to confirm. The weather is being pulled from its source correctly and placed into the mission. However, I find on every case the winds are been generated 180 degrees off the actual forecasted wind.

Example metar at KLSV was indicating conditions at 170/ 17 SKC 32 degrees and alimeter was 29.72.

In the sim itself the conditions were 350/ 17 SKC 32 degrees 29.72. So everything things is been generated except the winds are always been generated 180 degrees off. Any ideas why?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Wood.

Whose solution are you using?

HC_official's?

Deadpool