DCS World 2.5 Open Beta - Now Available!

Wags

• ED Team

DCS World 2.5 Open Beta is now available via an update from the 1.5 Open Beta.

Please use the Updater to install.

Thanks and enjoy!

DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Released!

The Open Beta version of Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.5 is a free-to-play digital battlefield game. The “release” version will be available shortly after Open Beta testing is complete. The Open Beta is an optional version of DCS World that we use to first test new content and technologies before moving them to our release version.

Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks and ships possible. This free download includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It also includes a flyable Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. An additional 25 aircraft are available for purchase.

The download comes with one of the most powerful mission editors ever designed, full network play and more than 156 AI weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles and trains, 50 air defense systems, 19 ships and 84 AI aircraft permitting you to plan and play highly sophisticated missions. DCS World is massively extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods which you can purchase and download from our site.

DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that is also designed to cover multiple time periods of interest such as WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War and others. Current regions to battle include the Caucasus, Nevada Test and Training Range, and Normandy 1944. New maps in development include the Persian Gulf, Syria, Afghanistan, and others.

DCS World is fundamentally a deep, authentic and realistic simulation game designed also to offer a more relaxed gameplay to suit the user and his particular level of experience and training. The ambition is to hand hold users from novice pilot all the way to the most advanced and sophisticated operator of such complex weapons systems as the A-10C Warthog or the F/A-18C Hornet. The only next step is the real thing!

Key features of DCS World 2.5:

• The most realistic Free-to-Play digital battlefield.

• One-of-a-kind, internally developed graphics engine that looks amazing from one foot to 80,000 feet.

• Includes a beautiful, free, and highly detailed map of the Caucasus region that includes Russia and Georgia.

• Includes millions of buildings, millions of km of usable roads and railways, more than 50 million trees, and 20 fully-equipped airbases.

• Includes 156 free and fully operational weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles, 19 ships and 84 AI-controlled aircraft.

• Fly the TF-51 Mustang and Su-25T attack jet for free!

• Play all DCS World modules from one DCS World version.

• State-of-the-art graphics with amazing lighting, shadows, and performance.

• New breathtaking effects for explosions, clouds, fog, fire, and smoke.

• Hundreds of land, air- and seaborne AI vehicles. The world is your sandbox.

• Create your own missions and campaigns for unlimited gameplay!

• Mission generator included that allows rapid mission creation.

• Enjoy multiplayer with friends, and even fly together in the same aircraft!

• Purchase and fly the most iconic airplanes and helicopters from WWII up to the modern day.

• Mouse interactive cockpits for most aircraft and the most accurate flight models, cockpit systems and sounds available.

• Purchase and fly the most authentic simulations of the A-10C Warthog, UH-1H Huey, F-86F Sabre, Spitfire, and many others now.

• Exciting new aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more!

• Purchase additional high-quality maps such as Normandy 1944, the Nevada Test and Training Range, and the Persian Gulf.

• Play hundreds of missions and campaigns with new campaigns continually created.

• Both hardcore realistic and casual gameplay modes and options available.

Minimum system requirements:

OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3 at 2.8 GHz; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / ATI R9 280X DirectX11); requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements:

OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz; RAM: 16 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 / ATI R9 Fury DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Edited by Wags
  • Like 2

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have the Open Beta installed, use the updater with DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta to convert your 1.5.8 Stable Release installation to the Open Beta branch and download 2.5.

More info on how to use the updater can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:thumbup:

Congrats on this Milestone!!

I got on the download train early on, really looking forward to seeing 2.5 here before too long now!!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well if you insist....

Awesome, simply awesome.

Please thank all the development, support and transition teams for making it happen.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If you don't have the open beta installed, use the updater with DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta to convert any other DCS installation to the Open Beta branch and download 2.5.

More info on how to use the updater can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

You are the man. Thanks a lot. Rep on the way, lol

• Like 1

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

New maps in development include the Persian Gulf, Syria, Afghanistan, and others.

:thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

:clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap:

Big thanks to all @ ED :worthy:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL