Bf 109 G and further level flight trim, "zero" trim, dive recover forces, etc DISCUSS

rel4y

Quite high cant remember exactly.

You were pushing it too hard waaaaay out of its limits and it has 0 efficiency in a dogfight.

I'm talking about speeds constantly used in a dogfight. In DCS's Bf, the stick forces come into play @ speeds as low as 250km/h IAS whereas the pilots said that after 700km/h IAS the controls stiffen, which is normal because at that speed comes the compressibility, for ALL of planes..

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 3 years later...

I am one who was surprised about the elevator trim of the 109.

I think it is more of a CG issue, with the MW50 tank filled it is 180 pounds , plus the weight of the tank, and all this aft of CG, we need to remember it was a field mod in many cases, others was factory installed, but this probably affects CG, so it feels tail heavy and we need to trim nose down to feel a more neutral airplane.

If you fly with that MW50 tank full, vs empty, you can feel a difference, and you dont need full froward trim

If we follow the charts posted in the thread this one comes from the design was like that, stick forces charts from various sources and countries tell stick must be pushed most of the flight envelope. The problem is a hardware one because most of us at home don't use long sticks which would be way more appropriate and would help with the constant pushing issue. I do use a long stick and flying the 109 isn't a problem at all. But joysticks on top of the table held with your wrist only… that's a huge trouble. Hence, realism is the trouble after all… 🤣

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

If we follow the charts posted in the thread this one comes from the design was like that, stick forces charts from various sources and countries tell stick must be pushed most of the flight envelope. The problem is a hardware one because most of us at home don't use long sticks which would be way more appropriate and would help with the constant pushing issue. I do use a long stick and flying the 109 isn't a problem at all. But joysticks on top of the table held with your wrist only… that's a huge trouble. Hence, realism is the trouble after all… 🤣

I have a long ffb stick and constantly pushing it makes me waste extra effort. This is despite the fact that the force on my stick is 2-3 times less than the real one.

Edited by Graphene