DCS: Roadmap (unofficial - NO DISCUSSION HERE)

Silver_Dragon
Go to solution Solved by Silver_Dragon,

you mean "Su-34 AI on autumn" right?

as in Su-34 may be available this Autumn as an AI asset?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

I extracted from the old Chizh video (updated at august 21), thanks to vikko :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3594968&postcount=1312

some info, and I intent translate them to English, but not sure if that has correct, can someone help me to review and correct them?, I not russian native and surely I have put them some info incorrect:

My suppositions (I dont review all video):

- There are no plans for "red" planes by ED yet.

- Western modules are sold better than eastern modules.

- ED talk for a future of atmospheric dynamic time, something in plan like FSX weather real-time system, but for now there are some technical difficulties (Organizational, by getting new people on the team and issues), dynamic weather is pretty much done, just waiting for its time.

- Different types of clouds which are hard to implement (recreate in game), especially thunderstorms. No time yet.

- ED: there will be a new WW2 map in Europe, later some Syrian stuff and probably Afghanistan, etc.

- ED has started to do a voice radio system.

- Ka-50 cockpit will get total overhaul in the future. Textures, polygons lighting etc. same for A-10C but its standing still atm.

- DCS is not ready for civil aviation and not planning for it due to many military projects and plans, they don’t have the manpower to think about it.

- Mig-29 PFM not planned yet.

- FC3 level helos not planned yet.

- MAC and full fidelity modules will fly on the same server.

- Has plans for CA on WWII, but no info yet.

- Yak-3 or LA-5 not planned yet, ED centered on 44/45 western.

- I-16 soon.

- No plans on Japanese aircraft or pacific theatre. B-25 (Has look something) and P-38 are not planned yet (has not the first options). No German bombers yet. No promises about anything at this moment. P-61/63 would be interesting but nothing has been done. Mosquito: ED team visited British archives and dug out tons of data 1000’s of pages and photos about anything.

- Additional work on FC-3 aircraft as Su-33, 27 will go in the future, but actually has centered on WW2 aircraft as one of priorities. But not promises.

- No Mig-29 PFM yet, centered on build FM to Mig-29A/S, P-47. Western front has actually a priority.

- Yak-9 not planned, neither other russian planes yet.

- Hard problems to get russian aircraft data.

- ED: We had planned expansion to the Caspian sea side in Caucasus map, but was depleted by some problems (many objects and sizes, etc.). They have new technology but making maps is a huge undertaking and require resources and personnel to make them. They have some idea to build historical and other maps.

- Corsica map was built to different methodology and other simulator.

- ED has not negotiated FMs with western companies (is a pain). ED had some work with Boeing for F-18 but rest is ours.

- A Russian team has worked on AI 3D models (as the Su-34) and anti-ship missiles (HY-2), but not on modules.

- Looking for some Su-27 variants but no plans yet.

- Mig-29SMT not planned yet.

- Nothing similar to an F-14 on east (MiG-31 still is heavily classified).

- Yak-130 is not planned (no data).

- AN-12/-26 doesn’t fit into the ED Scope, and is not planned. ED thinks that modules can be hard to sell and is missing navigation aides to use them.

- Thinking about a Rounded earth on a future.

- Ship interiors will be coming in future, but needs resources to make them.

- "It seems" that for now there are no plans for an eastern map in WW2.

- Additional skins for planes can get on in future, but we need the community collaboration to build historically correct skins and country skins. In the future there can be side server skins.

- HellCats or Zeros not planned (no pacific front yet).

- Kickstarted option to build modules has been discarded yet (by an old project).

- No small aircraft in plans.

- Dedicated Server to late 2018, on Windows. No plans yet for Linux.

- The old 3D models will be replaced by new ones, but it will require a lot of time.

- It is expected to put something similar to the JTAC of the A-10C to Russian devices.

- The SDK allows you to make aircraft of any complexity.

- In the future the air bases will have ground staff that will respond to the requirements of the players. Similarly to the Deck Crew in the carriers

- The damage model will be extended until the actual time, starting first in WW2.

- MAC will come with a different interface for casual players.

- Plans to make jihadist and armed Toyota AI

That list can be fixed by the community collaboration.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

New to DCS and stunned! This is a large and complex universe. The Road Map is amazing - so much being worked on. As I am gradually learning more about DCS World, I've wondered at the lack of Chinese aircraft/ships/etc as China is one of the big three in terms of production modern aircraft. Then in the Road Map I happened upon this section for 2017:

+ Deka Ironwork Simulations

- JF-17 "Thunder" (in progress) (2018) (EFM/ASM)

- J-11A (FC3 Level Released) (EFM/SSM)

- Chinese Assets Pack (AI):

-- Aircrafts:

--- H-6H (in progress)

--- J-10A (in progress)

--- JH-7A (in progress)

--- KJ-200 AWACS (in progress)

--- KJ-2000 AWACS (Released)

-- Ships:

--- 052C Destoryer DDG-171 "Haikou" (Release)

I understand that the Road Map is "unofficial" and totally not binding, but might one hope to see Chinese aircraft in the future?

And I see "- J-11A (FC3 Level Released) (EFM/SSM)", is it released in the sense that it is for sale and if so where?

You guys are quite brave to release the Road Map and I thank you, it speaks highly of the quality of DCS World and their relationship with their customers.

This thread is not meant for discussion. But you are new for your information J-11A is the part of FC3 package. If you own FC3 it is included with it

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

New to DCS and stunned! This is a large and complex universe. The Road Map is amazing - so much being worked on. As I am gradually learning more about DCS World, I've wondered at the lack of Chinese aircraft/ships/etc as China is one of the big three in terms of production modern aircraft. Then in the Road Map I happened upon this section for 2017:

+ Deka Ironwork Simulations

- JF-17 "Thunder" (in progress) (2018) (EFM/ASM)

- J-11A (FC3 Level Released) (EFM/SSM)

- Chinese Assets Pack (AI):

-- Aircrafts:

--- H-6H (in progress)

--- J-10A (in progress)

--- JH-7A (in progress)

--- KJ-200 AWACS (in progress)

--- KJ-2000 AWACS (Released)

-- Ships:

--- 052C Destoryer DDG-171 "Haikou" (Release)

I understand that the Road Map is "unofficial" and totally not binding, but might one hope to see Chinese aircraft in the future?

And I see "- J-11A (FC3 Level Released) (EFM/SSM)", is it released in the sense that it is for sale and if so where?

You guys are quite brave to release the Road Map and I thank you, it speaks highly of the quality of DCS World and their relationship with their customers.

Deka has working on a JF-17 "Thunder" as a module and expected build others aircrafts in the future.

New part of Chizh interview (all subject to change). The interview has centred on the russian community.

- Coalition can´t be changes after mission start (feature).

- AWACS interface yet has not a build, has good option but need build a good option to audio.

- Airfields can´t place any aircraft on any parking spot with problems of object and taxi / runways dimensions

- In the future (not a priority), trigger zones and action zones can be square or any free form.

- Mig-29 Flight model on autumn.

- T-90 has progressive zoom.

- LOD´s updated with the time, but that take time.

- ED don’t have plans to a “red” Gazelle. Maybe after de Mi-24.

- The SDK allows you to make aircraft of any complexity.

- The API can be changed to support all older modules.

- AP-5D can be seen in the future, but not has been a priority.

- ED working on Ground Personal (Base crew, carrier deck), with some positive result. Expected improve personal and maintenance vehicles in airbases with simpler models first. Animations and movements take time, but work is ingoing.

- ED plans to update mission editor manual.

- ED has yet a licensed map SDK of mission editor but yet has a commercial application. That can be free for projects but no free to all. If someone approach to ED with a solid group, project and serious intentions.

- ED work on make changes on vehicle physics (Mass, inertia, turn radius, etc), but not have easy work, has a huge undertaking a take time.

- ED has updated troop insertion and work on creating new content. About Terrorist, they have plans to build jihadists and similar troops, technical and Toyotas but WIP yet.

- ED has enable the option to use in the mission editor to use moose, mist, etc, but they has a small team and not have a priority yet. They have ready to work with various people on some new ideas and think on more possibilities about more dynamic’s missions.

- ED have to create effects to turbulence and winds, they expected more dynamic weather and clouds.

- The 3rd parties can build and improve weapons, but not outside of the SDK. Outside of them, require a team approach to ED with a project and a team.

- ED has working on Su-34 3D model but have some difficulties with gear assemble, and require some work to release.

- ED has a “plan” to build a network to pilot and some AI for CGI, but yet has someone to a long time.

- Other “plan” can be get at players the option to enter and exit from planes at helos. That will be a good option to make alive airbases with a briefing room, etc, but actually has only has expected.

- ED don’t expected get some systems on the Su-33.

- ED not expected yet get a full fidelity Su-25/-27.

- ED has plans to improve the ATC communications, but that take time. Expected see some day.

- With Triggers, we can improve communications.

- ED expected improve Sea to land and cruise missiles, and AI launch. Other point has improve the anti-air, networking and radar sites on ships in the future.

- No Su-24 as a module by secret, Su-17 / Su-22 has feasible, but not data available and require approval by government agencies.

- Plans to get shops and repair facilities on captured airbases and territories, but can by enter into dynamic campaigns and dynamic decision, they move on them.

- ED need localization team to DCS to open market.

- No improvements on FC-3, they move to MAC.

- ED has some work about an integrated system air defense pass target one to others. The bad part, ED don’t be feasible and profitable an air-defense module. Air Defense need a rework, re-do the missiles dynamic to get more realistic with trajectories, guidance, etc. The have changing proportional navigation for missiles outside the actual intercept point that can enable more clever trajectories.

- Missile avoiding has be harder in the future.

- The Air to Air missile get the same update.

- Not planned dual seater FC-3/MAC aircrafts. For them, require get a “hardcore” module.

- The Chizh favorite module has the Ka-50.

- Expected get updates on old modules as rain effects, cockpit reflections, etc.

- Rain effects affected by propellers on aircrafts and hellos in the future.

- The Su-27 braking parachute desynchronization on multiplayer has a bug.

- More advanced scripting and voice communications on DCS World in the future.

- Don’t expected see UAV pilotable modules by ED.

- ATC improvement on airfields will be improvements in the future.

- ED don’t get timescale about the release of Mi-24, Mi-23 and F-16 (by obvious reasons)

- RBK-500 SBBE-D sub munition improve into DCS after of the air to air and SAM improvements.

- ED don’t expect dynamic campaigns in the next two years, MAC has be campaigns as the actual format. For others modules, they not have a solution.

- Don’t expected a Strategic gameplay as a battle commander with planning a war.

- ED has ideas to a system to get rankings of best players.

- No dates about release of API Vulkan.

- The IA make re-spawning has been a good question.

- Chizh don’t fly on blue flag style servers.

- Plans to put METARs from internet into DCS weather, but take time.

- MAC has not be a stand-alone game, the use the DCS interface.

- ED expected put something interesting on autumn 2018.

- Afghanistan map coming, but not dates.

- ED has working on dynamic skins.

- No plans to get AI SAMs more cleverness.

- No plans to put sick people on Mi-8, not the main goal.

- ED don’t use Wikipedia to create stuff to DCS (no a honest source)

- ED expected someday build capability to mounting troops into vehicles of hellos, but not plans to build a module to simulate infantry. Has not a DCS goal (yet).

- Always has cheaters on DCs.

- ED don’t know about the release date about the F-14.

- Chizh expected on the next interviews coming with the WW2 and Mi-24 managers to answered more questions.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

who wants to put sick people on to mi-8?

- No plans to put sick people on Mi-8, not the main goal.

the list is full of "what is not going to come" more than what will come. thanks anyway

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

From the last newsletter:

DCS World War II Update

An important aspect DCS World War II is the addition of additional player-controlled and AI aircraft. Some of these include the P-47D, Mosquito, A-20, C-47, Fw 190 A-8, and Ju-88. All of these are various stages of development, and they will serve a vital role in fleshing out the DCS World II experience in concert with the new damage modelling, new World War II era maps, and dogfight AI. As each of these elements progress to the point we’re ready to introduce in DCS World, we’ll be talking about them much, much more.

Today we’d like to show off some of the P-47D skins we are working on, as well as the Mosquito.

Edited by Silver_Dragon