[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Radar

fredclan

Is the radar screwed up or am i mismanaging it? So many WTF situations e.g TWS put cursor on a target and the target jumps to the bottom of the screen insantly before i can click on it, move cursor again and it jumps back, back and forth back and forth. Another issue: flying along RWS just grabs contacts...no aquisition mode and i cant unlock unless i just start pounding modes/switches/weopons etc till something else happens. People suggest hit erase, hit acm, hit reset, etc. but those aren't always available and dont work when they are available. Is this all operator error. It is litterally killing me over and over and over.

Another, click on a contact in TWS, works perfect, next time i do the same thing and it goes from tws to tws/r something something.

Thoughts?

So depressing, going into a/a combat is suicide.

Edited by fredclan

Is the radar screwed up or am i mismanaging it? So many WTF situations e.g TWS put cursor on a target and the target jumps to the bottom of the screen insantly before i can click on it, move cursor again and it jumps back, back and forth back and forth. Another issue: flying along RWS just grabs contacts...no aquisition mode and i cant unlock unless i just start pounding modes/switches/weopons etc till something else happens. People suggest hit erase, hit acm, hit reset, etc. but those aren't always available and dont work when they are available. Is this all operator error. It is litterally killing me over and over and over.

Another, click on a contact in TWS, works perfect, next time i do the same thing and it goes from tws to tws/r something something.

Thoughts?

So depressing, going into a/a combat is suicide.

"Undesignate" doesn't work? It's the same key as Hi nose wheel steering. Otherwise, I have no idea what your radar is doing. I'm not having this issue. Make sure you don't have something bound to a button/slider/or hat switch that occasionally receives input when you're not giving any. The stupid throttle on my X-52 pro is always twitching back and forth slightly.

Also, another time I had bizarre problems with all sorts of random things happening until I realized the usb chord for my Hotas was pressing down on a few keys, lol.

Edited by Poopskadoop

I can confirm the radar is completely screwed. Completely. Sorry to say this but it's really disapointing. I've made a bug report on the radar picking a target on the ground when pressing the Undesignate/NWS button, even if the contact was on my six. I just made another flight right now, with Mk-83s and Mavs, when trying to boresight my TGP, I pressed many buttons cause I don't master the Hornet, and my radar locked a contact 163°left, unable to break the lock. Even worse, the radar operation knob was on STBY...

• ED Team

Hi all

please include track replays showing the issues, we can not reproduce

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Jump to bottom of the screen is likely to be the radar locking something further away than what you wanted to lock as the range gating isn’t working. Next time it happens check the scale.

Also make sure that your radar is detecting something before locking, and you’re not trying to lock a donated track your radar hasn’t detected.

But yes - the hornet radar is all kinds of unreliable and fubar.