Water vapor in clouds

BoneDust

I was flying IL2 last night and notice it had a very realistic looking water stream and foggy mist on the canopy as you flew through the clouds; very cool.

It would be great to see this effect in DCS; perhaps with the new weather that's being worked on.

cheers

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I have 50 hours in powered light military trainers, coming on 9 hours in gliders. I have flown through towering banks of broken cumulus on a hot summers day and intermittently through low hanging patches of pea-soup nimbostratus on grotty days where flying was marginal.

The only time I have seen water form on the windscreen is when there's actual outright precipitation, and even then - at a measly 85 knots - it was cleared by the slipstream at a such a rate that it's impairment to visibility was negligible.

It's a highly theatrical and over-rated effect that I personally find highly unrealistic. I would not like to see it parroted in DCS.

I have 50 hours in powered light military trainers, coming on 9 hours in gliders. I have flown through towering banks of broken cumulus on a hot summers day and intermittently through low hanging patches of pea-soup nimbostratus on grotty days where flying was marginal.

The only time I have seen water form on the windscreen is when there's actual outright precipitation, and even then - at a measly 85 knots - it was cleared by the slipstream at a such a rate that it's impairment to visibility was negligible.

It's a highly theatrical and over-rated effect that I personally find highly unrealistic. I would not like to see it parroted in DCS.

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

The effect is probably based on several factors, not just active precipitation. Although, I do find it overdone in IL-2, personally, but not entirely unrealistic.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The effect is probably based on several factors, not just active precipitation. Although, I do find it overdone in IL-2, personally, but not entirely unrealistic.

Interesting video, thank you!

Well, in that case I adjust my position; I would wish to only to see this effect on heavily water laden clouds, i.e. nimbostratus, stratocumulus and cumulonimbus, not every time I pop through a tiny wafting fragment of cumulus...