[ACKNOWLEDGED]SAlt on DED keeps counting down after landing

MadCat1381

Hi,

there seems to be no sync between the SAlt on the DED INS page and the HUD or the Altimeter.

The HUD shows the wrong altitudes which is pretty obvious on the NTTR map.

But that's actually not what I wanted to report.

When you fully align the INS and go for a fly, at some point the SAlt on the DED starts to count down, even when the plane is not moving (after landing).

I had a flight after which the SAlt showed less (more?) then -2000ft after about 1 hour of flight time!

The flight in the track file is not that long, but it shows the behavior.

I don't know if this value is related to any system yet, but I guess a INS guided weapon will have a hard time hitting anything with the wrong altitude value.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I7rb-FljEw-YagPv_2aOd0_XvsOua1sY/view?usp=sharing

Greetings

MadCat

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

Thanks for reporting this, we do have a change coming to the start up procedure which will help with this issue.

Not in public builds yet, we have some INS changes coming hopefully in the next update.

During the first two minutes of alignment the initial position needs to be confirmed by pressing ENTR for each of the data lines on the DED.

This will stop the drift we are seeing at the moment. We will add it to the manual and for autostart.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2