The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

7 hours ago, spikenet said:

I did as outlined, still will not honour the one I select.

I select my pancake preset, but for some reason it starts up my VR as per my last run settings in DCS. Just wont work for me, no idea why.

Am I supposed to click "Launch VR On" or off everytime?

image.png

image.png

Launch Button on the top will launch DCS with the settings present in the .lua

So Under [VR] if it's set to Enabled = True then it will launch w/ VR On,

Launch VR On, will launch DCS and Force VR On regardless of that setting.
Launch VR Off, will launch DCS in 2D Regardless of that setting.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

21 hours ago, Alliam said:

This update looks great, @SkateZilla! Thanks for your effort on this tool!

I'm having an issue where I can't update my Saved Games path. The SIM path saves just fine, but when I try to set my SG path, either with the folder find or manual entry, I set it to where I have it (E:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta) and it just reverts back to C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta every time.

When I tried setting up SLOT 2 as a test, I selected the SG path before setting the SIM path and the E drive location saved correctly--at first--but then when I set the SIM path, the SG path reverted back to C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta.

Ideas?

One of the first 3 stages is being returned as valid folder.

Stage 1, Check for DCS_variant.txt, check default folder path for variant in DCS_variant.txt, if Folder Path exists Set as Selected SG Path.
Stage 2, if dcs_variant is not detected or path it points to does not exist, generate path based on branch (release or openbeta), if Folder Path exists set as Selected SG Path
Stage 3, if Branch path does not exist, use User Set Path, if Folder Path exists set as Selected SG Path
Stage 4, if none of the Paths in Stage 1, 2, or 3 exist, set at "Not Configured" and bypass scans.

Attach the App's Log File, it will tell me what's going on.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

On 11/26/2023 at 1:30 AM, SkateZilla said:

Launch Button on the top will launch DCS with the settings present in the .lua

So Under [VR] if it's set to Enabled = True then it will launch w/ VR On,

Launch VR On, will launch DCS and Force VR On regardless of that setting.
Launch VR Off, will launch DCS in 2D Regardless of that setting.

Figured out the problem, when I setup the new version I pointed it to my old openbeta save path not the active DCS one! Thats why nothing was changing! Rookie move 🙂

Hopefully this help anyone having similar issue with the presets!

• Like 1

I need some help troubleshooting an issue. I had just installed a Winwing F18 MIP today and started experiencing this issue almost immediately. This wasnt an issue prior to this, so Im thinking it caused the problem. Ive selected the preset VR; this is one of my 5 custom profiles I made when this new updater was released and all of them have this issue now. On the main screen you can see all the options I have selected, so the profile is being read and interpreted I assume. On the other screens, I cant change any values, nor are there any values in place. The tabs Difficulty through Misc I can select options and thats it. All of this coincides with all of my profiles; I cannot alter these profiles for some reason or other, and think SimApp had something to do with it, but I obviously cant be 100% sure. Id like to know if I can salvage these profiles because I took a long time trying to create these profiles for specific reasons. I had made one change to my sim monitor profile and altered the resolution, nothing more. This was the resolution that SimApp told me I needed to change so I can run the MFDs plus I had to switch my monitor dropdown to WinWing.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 023632.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 023653.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 023711.png

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

this is usually the picture you see when you have DCS running. If you close DCS, do you still have the same issue?

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

@Hammer1-1
For me to "foolproof"/streamline the Preset/monitor setup, I don't rely on the the app at all, because it gave me a lot of grief, because for some reason it would reset everything if I just touched a setting inside it. What I did was simple. I started up with the default preset, made a baseline inside DCS, and shutdown. Then I chose the presets one by one and started up and shut down DCS, so the app would create all the preset folders with an option.lua inside. Then I manually copied the options.lua into each and every preset folder. (The app would complain if I made the folders and copied the file manually before the app itself). Then I started up the presets again, one by one, and did every relevant change per preset inside DCS. This means I have total control, and if something gets corrupted, I always have my baseline as a backup.
As for the monitor setup, I totally rely on Helios to do this for me, even for the presets/profiles I don't export anything. Once I got Helios working it was so easy to understand what's actually going on, and how DCS actually works with monitors and exports. If something goes wrong, and I need a tiny correction, I can now easily do it in Notepad++.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna
Wrong mention

For me when the new version came out, i used the preset editor to make my presets but somehow i never got it to work and always had issues with it.
Up until today i don't know what the meaning of the preset editor really is. Even if i select the preset editor tab and don't change anything in there, upon selecting another tab i get a pop-up telling that i have to save the changed settings....?
So to get my presets working on the main tab, i did +/- what MAXsenna did (except copying the options.lua each time), select a preset, start DCS, make the changes, close DCS and then rename that preset and then on to the next. Works just fine and i didn't touched the preset editor since.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Preset editor is still relatively new, and being developed and refined.
There are bugs and limitations,

ie:
-GER/Locale replacing Decimals with Comas, (working on fixes for this)
-Editor is Locked as long as DCS.Exe is Running, (will always remain locked while dcs.exe is running).
-Mis-Matched Values or corrupted values if the string is not already in the options.lua (fix/adjustment coming)
--To fix that one, next iteration will disable controls for any strings not already in options.lua

The best way to Create a Baseline Profile, is to simply launch DCS using the profile and set the items in the game, Save and Exit.

The Preset Editor was not meant for 100% gross replacement of using the DCS Menu, it was meant for after profiles are setup, to adjust a few settings before launch without having to launch DCS change the settings, exit, and relaunch.

In the screenshots above, DCS.EXE is shown as running.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 3:09 AM, diamond26 said:

this is usually the picture you see when you have DCS running. If you close DCS, do you still have the same issue?

No I didnt have DCS running. I WAS using SimAppPro at the time..

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

that's weird, Ive never had that before. I spent most this weekend troubleshooting my new F18 MIPs trying to get the resolution right, Coincidentally, SimApp was giving me the same issue saying DCS was running. Most certainly wasnt.

My wallpaper and skins

Hello! 

I have Reverb G2. Two days ago I bought Oculus Pro. I was trying to make some tests which is better. At some point I used your tool. I have to admin that I clicked few times without reading what options are, and I'm not sure but after some tweaking my DCS want run in VR mode. At least from the desktop icon. Is it possible that this tools creates some files with settings that cause it?

Here is the topic I created: 

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

16 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

that's weird, Ive never had that before. I spent most this weekend troubleshooting my new F18 MIPs trying to get the resolution right, Coincidentally, SimApp was giving me the same issue saying DCS was running. Most certainly wasnt.

Sometimes 3rd Party interface tools keep the process alive even after you exit DCS.

I had this issue w/ SRS Previously, since DCS Launches SRS as a Child Process, even after DCS is Closed, the process remains active/sleep instead of terminated until I closed the child process what was SRS,

Other apps have similar effect. But SRS was the only one that I encounter as the only 3rd Party Apps I run are SRS and Tacview.

What's the SimAppPro Process Name, it may be a false positive in the process detection.
Also, If you Right Click the Process Button where it says 1 Process, it should tell you which path/build is running.

Edited by SkateZilla

3 hours ago, tarball said:

Is the new 2.0 version self updating?  I can't quite tell from the UI.

no, but will tell you if an update is available.

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

Hi all - what is the best way to create a preset for triple monitor and another one for VR?

I have changed the settings within DCS so under Default profile I can see the correct render window width/heigh.

image.png

The problem is that when i try to modify one of the settings (3x Monitor H), it doesn't store the render width and height anymore and therefore I can't save two presets to switch between.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

Quest Pro + Ryzen 5700x + Nvidia 3090 + 64GB RAM

WW F16EX Stick + WW F15EX Throttle + 2x TM MFD + ICP Replica + BBJ Buttonbox 

F16C & F15E & A10 C2 & FC3 + CAU & NTTR & PG & SYR & MAR 

Don't use the preset editor for setting presets.
Use the presets on the main Home tab.
Select a preset, start DCS, set it the way you want for triple monitors, close DCS, your setup is now saved to that preset which you can now also give a name you want.
Select another one, start DCS again, set it the way you want again for VR, close DCS, your setup is now saved to that preset, rename.
Etc...

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, GurbY said:

Searching and searching... but can't find the option to enable deep scan, so I can see the size of the installed modules...?? Anyone a hint perhaps?

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Hey guys, just wondering if someone can help, might be something silly but I have no clue how to fix it, I started using this launcher and it was working great, then I decided to try MT and decided to turn it on through the launcher and started the sim with VR, work great but now that I want to go back to flying without MT the sim won’t launch. I turned off MT in the launcher and started the sim with Launch VR On and it gets stuck on the 15 Years of DCS window, does not continue into the sim. If I leave MT on it runs, but it only runs with MT on now. Any ideas? Thanks 

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

Try launching it from the DCS/Bin folder and see if anything changes first.

My wallpaper and skins

do you have it enabled in single thread? they use different config files, which means you need to have two sets of settings in order for it to run.

My wallpaper and skins