The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

22 hours ago, j9murphy said:

setting the IPD distance in the VR tab seems to cause different values in the launcher than in dcs

I have recently found a compile error where Visual Studio changed all the parser values from "true/false" to "True/False", which causes 80%~ of the values to not load or save correctly because they are case sensitive, I don't know when VS changed them all, but I'm working through fixing them all as I go through the entire save/load/import/compare functions to add some additional parameters to each value.

there may also be parser save issues in relation to specific locale's still as I'm still seeing values saved w/ a "," instead of a ".", I'm also correcting that.

What Value Behavior are you seeing? as I've been adjusting mine frequently with no problems.
Also if "Custom IPD" is not enabled, that value does nothing.

Right now I'm just swamped w/ Primary job. 120 hr work weeks and all that.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 4

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

6 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

I have recently found a compile error where Visual Studio changed all the parser values from "true/false" to "True/False", which causes 80%~ of the values to not load or save correctly because they are case sensitive, I don't know when VS changed them all, but I'm working through fixing them all as I go through the entire save/load/import/compare functions to add some additional parameters to each value.

there may also be parser save issues in relation to specific locale's still as I'm still seeing values saved w/ a "," instead of a ".", I'm also correcting that.

What Value Behavior are you seeing? as I've been adjusting mine frequently with no problems.

Hi there, sorry to hear you're so swamped!  (Take care of yourself!)

In the end, it was (of all things) some .lua files apparently, that had found their way into the savegames/kneeboard folder.  Simply renaming the folder was all it took! 🙄

I look forward to seeing a new release from you sometime in the future, with the VS changes made.  

Really appreciate all the work you do for the community. 

Have a good weekend.

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

23 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

no worries not a deal breaker, i can relate to the workload - I'm swamped as well.    When I set to 61.5 DCS it shows as 63.5 in updater.  When I set 61.5 in updater *I think* it goes to 63.5 in dcs.... i'd have to verify that last part.  

1. For those using OpenXR and WMR. Regarding latest XRNS (Nechsafer for Open XR) Recently a new version was released that was directly compatible with OpenXR. I am using W10, 3080, latest nVidaia and Win drivers, OpenComposite, WMR and HP Reverb G2. If I run DCS MT through the DCS Updater/Launcher Utility is screws something to do with a VR mask and the Environment settings in WMR. By starting from the basics I discovered that running DCS in either single thread or MT from normal shortcuts everything works fine. The fault only occurs using the Updater/Launcher utility

1 hour ago, Zapper3535 said:
  1. For those using OpenXR and WMR. Regarding latest XRNS (Nechsafer for Open XR) Recently a new version was released that was directly compatible with OpenXR. I am using W10, 3080, latest nVidaia and Win drivers, OpenComposite, WMR and HP Reverb G2. If I run DCS MT through the DCS Updater/Launcher Utility is screws something to do with a VR mask and the Environment settings in WMR. By starting from the basics I discovered that running DCS in either single thread or MT from normal shortcuts everything works fine. The fault only occurs using the Updater/Launcher utility

Did you set the correct VR API in the Advanced Launch Options Tab?

7 hours ago, j9murphy said:

no worries not a deal breaker, i can relate to the workload - I'm swamped as well.    When I set to 61.5 DCS it shows as 63.5 in updater.  When I set 61.5 in updater *I think* it goes to 63.5 in dcs.... i'd have to verify that last part.  

That's an odd shift, since the track bar is simply the IPD Vale x 10 (63.5 = 635), since track bar control doesn't allow decimal places, and then converted back by taking track bar vale of 635 and dividing my 10 to get 63.5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

That's an odd shift, since the track bar is simply the IPD Vale x 10 (63.5 = 635), since track bar control doesn't allow decimal places, and then converted back by taking track bar vale of 635 and dividing my 10 to get 63.5
I'll re-verify the behavior when I get home on Sunday night.

Hi, the error regarding the localization of decimal numbers I posted back in August seems to still exist.

After going to the preset editor tab and leaving it right away without changing anything I get a popup asking me if I want to save the changes.

After continuing, the changes in the options file looks something like this:

image.png

Edited by gofrm76
  • Like 1

AH-64D | AV-8B | A-10C II | A-4E | F-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | M-2000C | UH-1H | Mig-21bis | L-39 | F-86F | P-47D | P-51D | BF 109 | Spitfire | BS3 | FC3 | SC | CA

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K | NVIDIA RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 RAM | Aorus Elite Z790 | 50“ UHD LG Monitor | Windows 11 Pro

VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base | VPC Apache-64 Collective Grip | VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base | TM F-16/A-10 Stick  | TM F/A-18 Stick

TM HOTAS Warthog (DSE Slew Upgrade) | TM Hotas Cougar (FSSB) | TM Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5

Hi, I downloaded the .exe file and after starting it I see this message...

I clicked the continue button and started the installation... now if I start the app I see the home page like this? Where did I go wrong?

01.jpg

02.png

Edited by Predator-78

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

On 11/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, Predator-78 said:

Hi, I downloaded the .exe file and after starting it I see this message...

I clicked the continue button and started the installation... now if I start the app I see the home page like this? Where did I go wrong?

01.jpg

02.png

Exception on startup may clear the settings file. I'm looking into that separately,

You may be able to TaskManager End Process, so it doesnt save/edit the settings store file and then re-launch the app.

Also Can you paste the error message as text so I can translate it, but it looks like it was unable to write or access the log file.

On Another note, if anyone is having issues w/ dcs_mt_manifests and my app after the OB update please post logs, I have a few reports but I am unable to re-produce.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:41 AM, gofrm76 said:

Hi, the error regarding the localization of decimal numbers I posted back in August seems to still exist.

After going to the preset editor tab and leaving it right away without changing anything I get a popup asking me if I want to save the changes.

After continuing, the changes in the options file looks something like this:

image.png

Yeah the initial Parser Changes didn't fix the issue, I've since modified the parser further and testing some other things internally, hopefully the next build will address is completely.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Il 17/11/2023 at 22:42, SkateZilla ha scritto:

Un'eccezione all'avvio potrebbe cancellare il file delle impostazioni. Lo sto esaminando separatamente,

potresti essere in grado di terminare il processo di TaskManager, quindi non salva/modifica il file dell'archivio delle impostazioni e quindi non riavvia l'app.

Puoi anche incollare il messaggio di errore come testo in modo che io possa tradurlo, ma sembra che non sia stato in grado di scrivere o accedere al file di registro.

In un'altra nota, se qualcuno riscontra problemi con dcs_mt_manifests e la mia app dopo l'aggiornamento OB, pubblicare i registri, ho alcuni rapporti ma non riesco a riprodurli.

Sì, le modifiche iniziali del parser non hanno risolto il problema, da allora ho modificato ulteriormente il parser e testato alcune altre cose internamente, si spera che la prossima build risolva completamente.

Translation of the error message

Unhandled exception in the application. Click continue to ignore the error and attempt to continue. Click Exit to stop the application immediately. Part of path C:/User/username/Saved Games/DCS Updater Utility v2.log' could not be found.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Still having issues with the updater throwing a 'File Already Exists' exception. This is the behaviour:

-If I open the updater and leave the Presets on Default, it works as intended. I can switch between MT and ST as well as use the VR ON/OFF buttons.
-If I change the Preset to something else like VR or one of the other 4 presets, it throws the exception and does not launch DCS
-If I restart the utility after the error, I have to change my preset back to default for it to launch DCS again

I don't know where to find the folder that contains these files. In Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility, I only have logs, THEME.xml, and an empty Backup folder.

Idk if this is relevant or not, but my DCS root install is on E:\ whereas the updater utility and SavedGames is on C:\

Edited by Statua

Hello,

first of all thank you for the application.

It does not save the configuration inside App Settings. As much as I check the boxes Oculus VR client and Launch external Apps with Sim, and then hit Save App Setiing, when I open the Updater again they appear unchecked. Any advice?

Thanks

te.png

Here the only thing that gets unchecked after closing the Updater is Launch External Apps with Sim, all the rest that i have checked stays checked.
But... when i check Launch External Apps with Sim and launch the sim, none of my checked app launch together or before the sim.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 11/21/2023 at 6:42 PM, Statua said:

Still having issues with the updater throwing a 'File Already Exists' exception. This is the behaviour:

-If I open the updater and leave the Presets on Default, it works as intended. I can switch between MT and ST as well as use the VR ON/OFF buttons.
-If I change the Preset to something else like VR or one of the other 4 presets, it throws the exception and does not launch DCS
-If I restart the utility after the error, I have to change my preset back to default for it to launch DCS again

I don't know where to find the folder that contains these files. In Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility, I only have logs, THEME.xml, and an empty Backup folder.

Idk if this is relevant or not, but my DCS root install is on E:\ whereas the updater utility and SavedGames is on C:\

Check \Saved Games\DCS<branch>\Config\Presets\Default\

This folder should be empty, it's used to store the default options.lua when a preset is in use, and the file is moved back by the app when DCS Closes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, pabletesoy said:

Yes, I can't launch external apps either.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:58 AM, Lange_666 said:

Here the only thing that gets unchecked after closing the Updater is Launch External Apps with Sim, all the rest that i have checked stays checked.
But... when i check Launch External Apps with Sim and launch the sim, none of my checked app launch together or before the sim.

This was found and fixed internally a few weeks back.

I'll let it slip that I've also re-wrote ext apps launch function, to allow user to change the order the apps launch, before or after the sim, and the delay time in ms between app launches, etc.

A lot of cleaning up and stuff needs to be done before the next pub release, with me working 80+ hr work weeks, I haven't had time to productively code anything.

• Like 4

Thanks for the update above @SkateZilla the re-writing of the ext apps function sounds glorious!   

Re: working 80+ hours a week -- Yikes! A senior IBM Manager once told me "The Job will always take as much from you as you give!"

Cheers.   

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

40 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Thanks for the update above @SkateZilla the re-writing of the ext apps function sounds glorious!   

Re: working 80+ hours a week -- Yikes! A senior IBM Manager once told me "The Job will always take as much from you as you give!"

Cheers.   

in this situation,
The IRS is taking as much as I give, as I'll end the current pay period with 80+ hours of OT and Holiday Pay... lol.

• Like 2

This update looks great, @SkateZilla! Thanks for your effort on this tool!

I'm having an issue where I can't update my Saved Games path. The SIM path saves just fine, but when I try to set my SG path, either with the folder find or manual entry, I set it to where I have it (E:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta) and it just reverts back to C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta every time.

When I tried setting up SLOT 2 as a test, I selected the SG path before setting the SIM path and the E drive location saved correctly--at first--but then when I set the SIM path, the SG path reverted back to C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta.

Ideas?

On 11/2/2023 at 9:29 PM, Lange_666 said:

Don't use the presets editor, just select a preset you'll find on the on the home tab.
Launch DCS, adjust your settings , quit DCS and the next time you use this preset it will load in those settings. You can then rename the preset to VR or Pancake.

I did as outlined, still will not honour the one I select.

I select my pancake preset, but for some reason it starts up my VR as per my last run settings in DCS. Just wont work for me, no idea why.

Am I supposed to click "Launch VR On" or off everytime?

image.png

image.png

15 minutes ago, spikenet said:

Am I supposed to click "Launch VR On" or off everytime?

That's the way i launch DCS every time. I never use the big Launch button.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!