Warthog speedbrake retract

dureiken

I think you could achieve this with helios. Add the warthog as an input to helios and then have the fwd button send speed brake open on depressed and retract on release. Might be able to do the same with the thrust master software and keystrokes, but I haven’t played with that. Before I go any further on how, can we back-peddle to why?

With your proposed configuration, how would you hold speedbrakes open at 40%? The A-10 speed brakes are huge, and fully deployed they do their job very well. For landing configurations you want them open, but not to full until after touchdown.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I think we need more info on what you're using...just a keyboard, mouse click, a proper HOTAS or what?

On a TM Warthog HOTAS it works perfectly; I can extend or retract the SpeedBrakes as much or little as I want without any external software programming. More details please.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@BonzoDCS.....if dureiken has a TM Warthog Throttle, why would he want to mess with the 'Target' software, it works perfectly within DCS for setting, establishing the SpeedBrakes? What am I missing here? It's fantastic in the F/A-18 environment as well.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Possible reasons are : he want to reclaim the speedbrake aft position for another hotas function, or he often forgets to retract speed brake and wants an automatic method. I agree most likely its not a warthog, but target works on other thrustmaster products and most hotas has equivalent software so the concept is transportable.

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

you'd have to hold it down for the brake to stay out as its a momentary switch and would flick back to the (your) closed position once released

target would do it, but its hardly worth the effort imo. horses for courses tho

Action After Contemplation

To get what dureiken wants is easily achieved by adding this line

{down = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_SpeedBrakeSwitchAft, up = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_SpeedBrakeSwitchForward, name = _('HOTAS Speed Brake Switch 2-Pos EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = _('HOTAS')},

to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua". This creates a new command binding with the name "HOTAS Speed Brake Switch 2-Pos EXTEND/RETRACT". You can use any name you want as long as you don't create a duplicate.

@ililkepie: the speedbrake forward is not a momentary switch. It latches in the forward position. So, no need to hold the switch in forward position.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think it will. I had no idea this was possible but he’s actually creating a new row in the bindable controls list, with the desired effects. Once added you'd bind your warthog spb:fwd to this new row. Cool stuff.

But does this work with the center position like OP wanted? The SPB switch is a three position.

Dude, I would not have posted a solution unless I had tested it and it worked!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi

... and Lecuvier once again, but I don't want to modify default config.

I'll try and remember that :)

LeCuvier