GERMAN VOICES

Guys, I just thought of something. Since the modded LUA I posted mutes all speech, couldn't we just, say, catch the dialogue between the pilot and the ground crew as separate events, and then let those events trigger audioplay as needed? Would this work?

This sounds like a very dirty workaround that would probably require alot of work everytime anything changes regarding radio coms.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I think wait for some official word on how to mod this is best at the moment. But I dont want to stop if you have time on your hands and want to make this work. I just wanted to warn you :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I just wanted to warn you

No need, because I was perfectly aware of my suggestion being a horrendous kludge to begin with. And yet, as an interim solution, it may well suffice in a pinch.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I'll wait for ED action on this. I'm German, but English dialogs are not a showstopper for me.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

German WW2 Radio calls update Version 20.4.20

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/2161798/?sphrase_id=21178443

Install:

DCS_Sound_Scripts.rar = install to your root DCS World folder

DCS_Sounds.rar = install to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder

German WW2 Radio calls update Version 20.4.20

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/2161798/?sphrase_id=21178443

Install:

DCS_Sound_Scripts.rar = install to your root DCS World folder

DCS_Sounds.rar = install to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder

Thank you very much for this! Works like a charm and it's good to have it back. An essential mod in my opinion.

An Veteran66: Gut gemacht, vielen Dank!

Notes for rookies:

1. the folder/file structures must be extracted from the .rar archives into the indicated folder locations.

2. the file "_index.lua" included in "DCS_Sound_Scripts.rar" will be overwritten by updates and repairs. Therefore it's a good idea to manage the "Game Folder\DCS World OpenBeta\DCS_Sound_Scripts.rar\Scripts\Speech" structure via OvGME or JvGME.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The funny thing is, that the teacher in the dora tutorials is a german. The extrem german accent while speaking english is easy to immitate, but there is no doubt, when he says EZ42 or somthing. So I wonder, why didn't they let him speak german.

I'm pretty sure it is voiced by Sheriff who does Sheriff Sim Shack videos. He speaks very clearly and succinctly. He also gives the best, most concise training instructions.