Knee Boards - Specifically for A10C

Hi,

I've been searching around this forum and others and I cant seem to find a good guide for how to set up a kneeboard. I'm specifically interested in setting up a kneeboard for the A10C Preflight procedures. I've found some threads but they are either really old or are more about troubleshooting. Do I have to buy a plugin? Make my own? Or are kneeboards for these procedures already in the sim?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You didn't find an all encompassing guide because there isn't one.

If all you really want are some A-10 pages, many already exist.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2875049/

for example.

Google will find you many, many more.

If you want to learn how it works search, and read through the kneeboard threads.

While the basics are simple, it's far too complex for anyone to explain it all in a quick little post.

So I just created my first Kneeboard page from scratch for the start-up procedures. I put it into the folder described in another thread and it all seems to work. I can bring it up and see it when I need to by pushing the default kneeboard keystrokes. However, I use a VR headset so my plan was to map some buttons on my Thrustmaster HOTAS and a button box to control the Kneeboard functions, however, DCS doest recognize anything other than keyboard keys for Kneeboard functions.

Is it possible to use anything other than a keyboard?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Voice commands (ex: Voice Attack) or program some extra layers on your Thrustmaster HOTAS and then use those button combinations to cycle through your kneeboard pages?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

LOL! Setting up voice attack and ViacomPro were the next things on the list! I'm just not there yet. When you say another layer do you mean setting up a Mode 2?

What do you mean by Mode 2?

I'm talking about the IOUMD layers for each button on your HOTAS.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!