TWS IFF status?

D4n

Is it true that currently the DCS F-18C still can't ID an aircraft without hardlocking it? Because if so, it's a very important gamechanging ability that's highly anticipated on multiplayer servers (as bandits then definitely know that they've been spotted by the F-18C pilots and can instantly react on the situation...). The otherway around, for F-18 pilots, the bandit will instantly know that he has been "spotted" by him.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes, it is true. Radar and IFF are both not finished yet. Radar in particular is currently being revamped entirely in DCS now, primarily for the Hornet (but other moduls will benefit from it as well).

Just follow the weekend newsletters and Wags Mini-Updates here in the forum and you‘ll be on top of the development process and status.

Isn't TWS IFF even more important to multiplayer pilots than LGB, waypoint stuff and FPAS page ? I think having (some basic) TWS IFF would be a very good selling point for the F-18C (for the reasons mentioned in my first post).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Isn't TWS IFF even more important to multiplayer pilots than LGB, waypoint stuff and FPAS page ? I think having (some basic) TWS IFF would be a very good selling point for the F-18C (for the reasons mentioned in my first post).

You can view the poll at the top of the forum to see what people valued more: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219023&page=28

This conversation has been done to death - ED are working on it. We're unlikely to get TWS first anyway, the Hornet will be able to IFF by soft-locking once it gets Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) which is a sub-mode of RWS. LTWS has been on the priority list basically since release.

No it's not. Effective Bluefor SEAD is more important. If you want to fly CAP, stop miss clicking the F-15 slot.

Thanks, I totally had forgotten about that vote. Is it already possible to attach the Litening pod (from A-10C) to the F-18C in DCS? (As I wonder why the poll says "ATFLIR Targeting Pod" and what the benefit of that pod would be, compared to Litening)

umkhunto, I'm using M2000, not F-15. xD

Thanks, I totally had forgotten about that vote. Is it already possible to attach the Litening pod (from A-10C) to the F-18C in DCS? (As I wonder why the poll says "ATFLIR Targeting Pod" and what the benefit of that pod would be, compared to Litening)

No it's not possible, ED are modelling a US Navy Hornet and US Navy Hornets don't use Litening pods.

Okay, but I'm reading that the ATFLIR pod is comparable to LITENING (having 40 mi range). Then I just hope DCS adds LTWS shortly after HARM and FLIR addition.

It's definitely more important to me...but either people like us didn't vote in the poll or we're the minority. I personally think that the radar is the real 'brain' of any modern fighter and would love to see the APG73 get the first love...which it has already gotten a lot of love from ED...it's just very complex. Hope they stay the course with it until it's complete. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

No it's not. Effective Bluefor SEAD is more important. If you want to fly CAP, stop miss clicking the F-15 slot.

Wow troll much? Sorry but us US Navy guys fly CAP with US Navy aircraft not USAF ****.. I'm sorry in my time in we downed more than a fair share of Eagles and other "Air Superiority" aircraft with the little old C model bug..

US Navy AT3 VA-105, VFA-105, VFA-106, VS-27

1987-1997 A-7E, F/A-18A-D , S-3B.

You can view the poll at the top of the forum to see what people valued more: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219023&page=28

This conversation has been done to death - ED are working on it. We're unlikely to get TWS first anyway, the Hornet will be able to IFF by soft-locking once it gets Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) which is a sub-mode of RWS. LTWS has been on the priority list basically since release.

What is LTWS and what is the difference between LTWS and TWS?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Wow troll much? Sorry but us US Navy guys fly CAP with US Navy aircraft not USAF ****.. I'm sorry in my time in we downed more than a fair share of Eagles and other "Air Superiority" aircraft with the little old C model bug..

That's not what he was trying to say. He was trying to say that blufor SEAD is a bigger need than bluefor CAP. Blue already have an effective CAP platform in the F-15... and like me, it probably baffles him as to why they didn't focus on the A/G capabilities of the C bug prior to the A/A. I don't think he was trolling you.

That's not what he was trying to say. He was trying to say that blufor SEAD is a bigger need than bluefor CAP. Blue already have an effective CAP platform in the F-15... and like me, it probably baffles him as to why they didn't focus on the A/G capabilities of the C bug prior to the A/A. I don't think he was trolling you.

The U.S. Navy's primary CAP/Intercept/Air Superiority aircraft is the F/A-18 Hornet.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• 1 month later...

Is LTWS next on the list? We'd really appreciate, cause currently F-18s insta-scare away other aircraft on PvP servers... (hardlocking)

"I think the vote in that poll has taken to get the A2A radar functionality worked out." ? What? I don't understand your sentence, sorry.

Yeah, probably. But also very annoying for all the people that don't like how easily the Su-25T wheels break/pop while taxiing but want SEAD missiles... :P we could've had HARM by now, just 3D model, take Kh-58 values and modify them a bit xD

none of this has gone the way any of us has imagined it would.

true

• 1 month later...

dumb question here;

regarding to last pic which was shared by Wags, friendly and enemy planes can be seen on sa page. but radar shows all of the contacts with same symbol. will it change or this is how it is?

we can not see contacts as enemy or friend on radar right?

attachment.php?attachmentid=201830&d=1547157245

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5