Are we limited to 15 waypoints?

Gierasimov
Go to solution Solved by Wags,

Hi

In the mission editor, I have got 21 waypoints. On the Hornet HSI sequence, I see only WP 0 through to WP 14. tried deleting some in-flight but it makes no difference.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Thanks!

Many more I think 60 waypoints is max but I believe there is a limit showing of 14 when sequenced.

OK, so how do I go about setting up remaining ones once I reach WP14? Sequence 2 doe does not include them by default.

I can't still get WP 15 even with Sequence1 unboxed.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

OK, checking -1 --

"24.2.5.5 Waypoint/OAP Sequence Programming. A total of three waypoint/OAP sequences are

available for waypoint/OAP sequence programming and a maximum of fifteen waypoint/OAPs may be

programmed in each sequence. These sequences are used for AUTO sequential steering and time on

target groundspeed cuing."

So now another question, can SEQ1, SEQ2, and SEQ3 be programmed via mission editor? I guess not?

OK, checking -1 --

"24.2.5.5 Waypoint/OAP Sequence Programming. A total of three waypoint/OAP sequences are

available for waypoint/OAP sequence programming and a maximum of fifteen waypoint/OAPs may be

programmed in each sequence. These sequences are used for AUTO sequential steering and time on

target groundspeed cuing."

So now another question, can SEQ1, SEQ2, and SEQ3 be programmed via mission editor? I guess not?[/QUOTE]

Haven't tested but I believe if you un-sequence you can see all the waypoints, when sequenced it is limited to what you said.

I asked the same question the answer is no, it has to be done in cockpit which is quite easy reading Chuck's Guide.

you have to select SEQ2/3 and then insert the next waypoint numbers in the UFC. If they are pre-planned in the ME, then they will show up on the HSI AFTER you insert the number in the UFC on the new SEQ.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just a question :

I can select further waypoint on SEQ2 not boxed. Once box, the selection is not possible and no path are shown on the HSI.

Normal a WIP ?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• ED Team
  • Solution

As I've mentioned before, we will have a data base of 60 waypoints (0-59), from which waypoints can be assigned as SEQ1/2/3, PB/PP, or AA WYPT. This is being worked on as part of the MUMI card.

• 4 years later...

Holy thread resurection batman!!!

I have a mission with many waypoints, 26 I think......does this mean that when I get to the last one that displays, I switch to SEQ2 on the HSI and the next set will be displayed? 

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Holy thread resurection batman!!!
I have a mission with many waypoints, 26 I think......does this mean that when I get to the last one that displays, I switch to SEQ2 on the HSI and the next set will be displayed? 
Thanks!
In DCS, only SEQ1 is automatically populated with the first 15 waypoints (WP0 - WP14). The rest of the waypoints are available for navigation and targeting, outside of SEQ1 (you need to unbox SEQ1 to access WPs outside of it), but are not automatically placed in SEQ2 and SEQ3.

In your case, if you want SEQ2 to contain WP15 - WP26, you need to insert them yourself, using the SEQUFC option in the DATA->WYPT submenu of the HSI.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ok, thanks…….can this be done before the flight starts or in the mission editor? Or does it have to be done by hand in the jet, after you have flown past number 15?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

8 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Ok, thanks…….can this be done before the flight starts or in the mission editor? Or does it have to be done by hand in the jet, after you have flown past number 15?

It cannot be done in the Mission Editor. You can of course modify each and every waypoint and / or sequence in the jet as as soon as the avionics are powered, you don't have to fly past an arbitrary point to modify the "following" ones.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Ok, thanks, in this case, I simply don’t have the time , it’s a formation trainer and there are complex manoeuvres every minute of so and I can’t go heads down…….

1 hour ago, markturner1960 said:

Ok, thanks, in this case, I simply don’t have the time , it’s a formation trainer and there are complex manoeuvres every minute of so and I can’t go heads down…….

You can program the other sequences on the ground, before takeoff. In general, you have three Sequences available, of up to 15 WPs each. You can insert and delete WPs from a Sequence at any point after the jet and the mission computers are powered up and WPs have been loaded. You can even create a Sequence of random WPs, such as 1-5-12-3-6-12-4, depending on the order that you insert them.

In DCS, SEQ1 is populated automatically with the first 15 WPs. SEQ2 and SEQ3 are empty when you spawn, but you can populate them yourself, as mentioned above.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 3/13/2023 at 10:10 PM, markturner1960 said:

Why don't you program everything on the ground?

• Like 1

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H