Airfield names floating over screen.

D4n

They are in fixed positions, when dragging around on the F10 map they stay in same position (related to the computer screen) and float over the map.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Confirm

I attached a multiplayer screenshot.

Airfield icon appearance and hide is inconsistent.

In the beginning I spawned to Anapa and I'm able to see only airfield icon of Vaziani.

Then I saw temporarily those are readable on screenshot. (Sochi, Kutaisi, Soganlug)

As RED I saw BLUE bases also! (Sochi, Kutaisi)

+SSAA was and is off, SSAA is nothing to do with this bug!

blueflag_floating_names-OwnBaseAnapa-iconMissing.thumb.jpg.a3317f31c47609c6c177b9b513fd48d5.jpg

Edited by discwalker
+

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

and here another example, really really bad this time

attachment.php?attachmentid=190066&stc=1&d=1531756622

screenTotallyCluttered.thumb.jpg.50413b5f8317dbdcace1b942121b4d9f.jpg

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue, the fix for it is to turn SSAA off in the DCS settings menu.

Though this is not a fix but a workaround, for me however turning SSAA off gives very bad jagged lines.

In the Mission Editor there are NO issues, only when in game online or even testing a mission in ME.

I really hope ED can acknowledge this and work on a fix, because I won't fly without SSAA and doing a mission with this issue makes it extremely hard.

I will do a proper bug report with logs and all as soon as I have time.

Thanks!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

I have the same issue and also the one that the active airfields for red or blue are not shown at all in the f10 map while i can see every other airfield. Maybe this is also related to ssaa i have to give it a try.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 4 weeks later...

Still present.

• 1 month later...

So, it's been over 3 months now...

• ED Team

Please give more details: monitor resolution,, DCS screen options.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Please give more details: monitor resolution,, DCS screen options.

1920x1080, these settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=195629&stc=1&d=1539152674

DCSsettings.thumb.jpg.a252b41b21429fa9ca7adbb00b73b463.jpg

I actually have the same problem: When I close the F10 map while there are airfields (or players) within the part of the map I'm zoomed in on at that moment, their names will get stuck. That means, that when I reopen the F10 map those airfield (and player) names are stuck to the screen, even when moving the map around they won't disappear and just stay on the same place on the screen.

That's really annoying as I always need to be careful to only close the F10 map when there is no airfield or player name in view. In the heat of battle I often forget about that (or just don't have the time to pan the map to a safe spot) and then the names are stuck again. This is especially annoying with player names that also get when the players disappear into the fog of war when I have the map opened and they are within the part of the map I'm looking at....

I have this problem for quiet some time now. I can't remember when it started, but it's been around for many months now. I was just too lazy to report it so far :music_whistling:

I'm playing on a single screen on 1920x1080. I will have to post my DCS settings later when I'm home. System specs are in my sig.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here is a short video where I try to explain how this happens (on BF PG server) :

This bug used to happen with missiles and aircraft names too not sure if it's still the case.

In short if an airfield is neutral or ennemy, the icon and name are supposed to not be visible, but there seems to be a problem where it will reappear briefly for everyone. When it dissapears, the airfields that you were looking at and that had their icons hidden will have their names stuck on the same position of your monitor until the bug occurs again. They will then go back to their correct position and get stuck after the icons dissapear again and the cycle goes on.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is ED not aware of this bug????? It's been around for a few months now. All resolutions and all setups affected. Open up the map and it's there!

I'm also a bit suprised about it, but I haven't seen any bug report about it before, so it's also the fault of the community for not having reported this bug earlier. :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Check the OP....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I'm also a bit suprised about it, but I haven't seen any bug report about it before, so it's also the fault of the community for not having reported this bug earlier. :music_whistling:

But this is affecting SP missions, campaigns, MP, Caucasus PG (havent checked other maps) single monitor, multi monitor configurations,

It's not a stealth bug. anyone who opens the map will see it. Since 2.5 came out there has been one single patch which fixed the issue then the next patch messed up all maps again.

I have seen the bug reports when it first came out and even remember ED confirming the issue. Now after 10 months of living with this bug they are asking about it?????????

Come on ED get it together.

I have seen the bug reports when it first came out and even remember ED confirming the issue. Now after 10 months of living with this bug they are asking about it?????????

Alright, I guess I've missed those reports :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's been over 3 months now. Does ED realize that this is a needed fix for multiplayer GCI ?

Ok I sent Rik a PM with your post above, in case he missed it.

Yes, exact way to replicate is to just wait, it seems server refreshes some data every 30 or 60 seconds, exactly that is when the names freeze!

Found possible cause: seems to be related to players connecting/disconnecting. (maybe aswell joining slots/leaving slots)

Rik? Is ED investigating?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Returned back from vacations.

Is ED not aware of this bug?????
I don't discuss whether this issue known or not. I just asked steps for reproduce in given situation - no more.

Thanks for answers.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 2 months later...

Ok it's been over half a year since report now, it seems the issue only got worse, totally cluttering F10 map, as can be seen here