HD Bomb wind correction seems off

bertOC

I just played around with the high drag bombs in a pretty windy scenario today for the first time,

and tried to bomb a convoy of vehicles lined up in a way giving me a substantial crosswind for the approach.

The wind ingame was blowing towards the west, coming direcly from 090, the readout on the viggen's wind function in the CK37 was showing 090221(?) not sure about the last two digits.

That indicates wind 22km/h coming from 090 right?

When i approached and switched trigger unsafe, i noticed the aiming symbology offset into the wind, as opposed to be offset with the wind.

To picture this a bit clearer, the convoy was lined up on 325, which was my heading aswell. With the wind coming from the east, the computer should tell me to fly offset to the right in this scenario, so the wind blows the bombs onto target. Instead it showed the complete opposite, telling me to offset myself into the wind to the west, which made me drop the bombs off target and the wind carrying them a bit further away even, as opposed to the wind carrying the bombs right onto the targets.

Am i missing something here? It seems to me like a value needs to be flipped around somewhere in the code. Should the Viggen's wind readout in the CK37 display where the wind is coming from, (090 in my example there) like it does in DCS right now, or does it maybe need to display the direction the wind is blowing towards, like the A10C does?

• 2 weeks later...
The wind ingame was blowing towards the west, coming direcly from 090, the readout on the viggen's wind function in the CK37 was showing 090221(?) not sure about the last two digits.

That indicates wind 22km/h coming from 090 right?

That's correct, I checked and the reading corresponds to what it said in the mission editor. Also it corresponds to the way the plane is flying (crab angle).

When i approached and switched trigger unsafe, i noticed the aiming symbology offset into the wind, as opposed to be offset with the wind.

What exactly is changing for you in the aiming symbology? If I press UNSAFE, the reticle just stays in one place. If I approach the target the reticle seems to drift with the wind, so I have to steer the plane into the wind. But it is very tricky to execute and I had no good hits so far. I can't r

What exactly is changing for you in the aiming symbology? If I press UNSAFE, the reticle just stays in one place. If I approach the target the reticle seems to drift with the wind, so I have to steer the plane into the wind. But it is very tricky to execute and I had no good hits so far. I can't r

I tried my best at visualizing it here. j7nzGwc.jpg

Wind setup at the deck is 12m/s with a wind direction of 270°, so its blowing east to west.

Loadout is 16x HD bomb, plane set to standard interval, master mode NAV and weapons selector on BOMB PLAN.

The symbology is cueing me to offset my plane with the wind as opposed to offsetting myself into the wind. I hope i cleared it up a bit more.

EDIT: QFE is set wrong intentionally to get the symbology visible, i am away from my flightsim hardware right now, so i chose to configure the system rather than fly any longer with arrow keys...

• 1 month later...