Newbie Question about Throttle

Smokey43

Please excuse if this seems strange but I'm quite new here and would like to know about the throttle. I have a t160000 Joystick and Throttle and Rudder pedal setup. To work the throttle correctly do I assign my Throttle to the "Thrust" option under Axis? Will this adjust my speed correctly. I see an option for Speed Increase/Decrease so I'm just not sure. Or is Thrust only for Afterburner?

I guess I'm simply asking how I appropriately assign my throttle to control speed.

Thanks Much.

Yes I know I should probably start with something easier but I started DCS with the Huey and although I crashed more times than I care to remember when learning, I now can park it just about anywhere I choose. :-)

Newbie Question about Throttle

Assign throttle axis to thrust. That will do.

F-5 is a good plane to start with. Once you get confortable with it, play the Aggressor BFM and ACM campaigns.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|