Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, after many of you helped to successfully test "Angels of Caucasus" (a helicopter rescue sandbox), I took the "Caucasus" mission, and developed into a fully fledged, much more difficult rescue sandbox located in Syria. I'm close to release again (this one will also be free for everyone to download), and I'm hosting it on my server "cfrag's DML Testbed" (no password required to join). I'd like to extend my invitation to you to come, stress-test and comment on this mission before I release it. The Syria server mission was inspired (and takes a bow to) one of my favorite projects that sadly seems to have disappeared, the Rescue Servers.

image.png

ANGELS OF THE LEVANT: SYRIA 
==== HELICOPTER RESCUE ====

You are an "Angel", a member of the Levant's elite Air Rescue organization. Your task is to evacuate injured people from all over Haifa, Beirut, Adana and Nicosia, and deliver them to Hospitals in the area. 

Since the Angels operate in metropolitan areas, and accidents happen, there will always be more people requiring your assistance than you can provide - so bring a friend or two if you can: this mission is fully multiplayer capable, and keeps track of your accomplishments, even between mission restarts. 

There are multiple slots available (hot and cold) for Hueys, Hips, Gazelles and Hinds, allowing for up to 16 pilots simultaneously per city (more than 50 pilots total). 

[There are also slots for the Apache and Black Shark, but those helicopters can't perform SAR]

You perform SARs by flying towards the evacuee (they all have locator devices for your ADF). Pearly Gates, your Command Authority can vector you towards your target. Once you get within 1km, help on the ground marks the spot with smoke, and you'll be guided by your chief for the last 100m.

Land close enough to pick up the evacuee. If landing is not possible (too densely populated, roof-top rescues, open water, steep inclines or inaccessible ground or forest), you can winch-rescue by hovering within range and altitude for some 20 seconds. 

Once the evacuee is confirmed on board, you then transfer them to the closest Hospital for triage. Which hostpital you choose is your decision. All hospitals are marked with red smoke for easy identification, and Pearly Gates can vector you to the closest hospital on request.

At all times please be mindful of other traffic, both fixed-wing, rotor wing, and - of course - other Angels. Be mindful when entering controlled airspace - although you have priority clearance, try to avoid those congested areas.

Difficulty:
The difficulty level of this mission is a marked step up from "Angels of Caucasus": metropolitan areas often require very precise control of your helicopter, and big helicopters like the Hip may not fit into the claustrophobic warrens where some of your evacuees wait for your help. Use winch-rescue procedures in those cases. That being said, this map offers multiple areas of operation with varying levels of difficulty:

Haifa
The classic. Mind the inclines. Two hospitals with stand-alone landing pads.

Beirut
A dense city, drop dead beautful, and full of evacuees waiting for your assistance. There is only one hospital here, and it requires roof-top landings.

Adana
A sprawling, beautiful city. Many evacuees to rescue, with a diverse mix of difficulty. Two hospitals: one with a stand-alone helicopter pad, the other with roof access only.

Nicosia / Kyrenica
Ah - Nicosia! The jewel of antiquity, and capitol of Cyprus! A split city on a split island. Since the Angels are one of a select group that both sides trust, the Nicosia Base serves both Kyrenica and Nicosia. Missions can require longer flights. There is one easily accessible field hospital at Nicosia, and another make-shift hospital at Kyrenica harbor.

[Undisclosed City]
This may come later.

Other notes:
- This mission is entirely non-violent, flying-skills only.
- If run on a server, this mission auto-restarts every 8 hours. It's an endless SAR sandbox mission 
- This mission can persist all your accomplishments (landings, time, rescues) per airframe if you have persistence enabled (this requires that your DCS is 'de-sanitized').
- When run on a server, install 'stopGap GUI' on the server to allow static scenery occupy open player slots.
- If you are a fan of the Blackhawk, you can add it to the mission and it is immediately supported.

Acknowledgements
PearlyGates and other voice acting by ElevenLabs
Mission created by CFrag
Created with DML
Uses StopGap 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...