Mitsubishi A6M Zero confirmed ?

Cthulhus

Hello,

I saw a video from Phil Style's channel and he said that the Mitsubishi A6M Zero has been confirmed from M3, but I don't see any thing here.

This is a plane I waiting for and for a long time :)

Where is the official board/message for this fantastic bird ?

Thanks!

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

We can safely assume its guaranteed as an AI asset but nothing that I know of has been said about making it a flyable module. Given the detail of the engine they showed under the cowling and it's place in the pacific theatre its a safe bet they plan/want to make it a full module but can't say so this early on. There may be contracts to be signed and research to be done before they can commit to it as a module.

Thanks guys ! Cross my fingers !

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

I don't mind an AI Zero, as the priority is on providing oposition for the F4U Corsair

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don't mind an AI Zero, as the priority is on providing oposition for the F4U Corsair

Yes absolutely! It's 100% logic to develop a Zero. It's make sense. It's and fantastic machine by the way..

I can already forsee that this will become another 100+ post thread. Mark my words

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just one thought worth remembering guys.

The Zero was probably the best fighter in the sky in 1939. However, it received very little development during it's life, unlike most other aircraft during WW2, which took massive leaps forward, particularly in speed.

By the time the Corsair was operational in the Far East, it was massively faster than the Zero, so could happily pick and chose when it would like to fight.

So whilst I'm also very happy about the prospect of a Zero, don't expect it to be anything like capable of actually fighting an F4, unless the F4 pilot is utterly dumb and gets into a turn fight.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The Zero was probably the best fighter in the sky in 1939. However, it received very little development during it's life, unlike most other aircraft during WW2, which took massive leaps forward, particularly in speed.

By the time the Corsair was operational in the Far East, it was massively faster than the Zero, so could happily pick and chose when it would like to fight.

So whilst I'm also very happy about the prospect of a Zero, don't expect it to be anything like capable of actually fighting an F4, unless the F4 pilot is utterly dumb and gets into a turn fight.

Maybe then for fairness' sake we can just replay, over and over again, a scenario where it accidentally wanders into Soviet airspace and runs into a patrol of I-16's.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I still think we should see some Zeros in the sky. I personally would probably still buy it, just for my love of props

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd buy it just to support the Pacific theatre. I'd like to see some major carrier battles with dive and torpedo bombers and fighters all going at it.

Well the marianas is your theatere then.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yep, and I'm pretty thrilled about!

Hopefully ED will come out with the WW2 version of it though. Be a bit absurd otherwise. Then again, I fly my harrier on the normandy map against the soviet hordes from time to time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hopefully ED will come out with the WW2 version of it though. Be a bit absurd otherwise. Then again, I fly my harrier on the normandy map against the soviet hordes from time to time.

Me too!

Definitely made a bunch of missions were the soviets were preparing to launch their invasion of Britain. Mag3 is pretty much my favorite developer now with their emphasis on Vietnam and the Pacific.

Just to clarify, since Zero's history and design were my fixation for many years, Zero wasnt flying in 1939. Unless you consider prototype but thats not exactly counting.

Zero's combat debut was in the summer of 1940 over China and in the following months it wiped out entire Chinese opposition for the loss of 2 aircraft to anti-aircraft batteries. Of the top of my head, I think it was credited with shooting down over a 100 Chinese aircraft so that would make it highest victory to loss ratio.

Also, on the contrary. Zero went through numerous changes throughout its life. A6M as a prototype started with Zuisei 800+ HP engine allowing it to exceed 500 km/h. Than in 1940 prototype was improved by introduction of famous Sakae engine (namely Sakae 11 providing 950 HP) and constant speed propeller which pushed the speed to 530+ km/h.

In 1941 aircraft went through another change, Sakae 21 engine was introduced providing 1130 HP and two-speed supercharger, wing tips were removed and aileron area reduced, which reduced the wing area as well but resulted in slightly increased speed (not much tbf, which was a disappointment to Mitsubishi but still) and noticeable improved rate of roll. That variant was known as A6M3 model 32 and went into production in June 1942.

Soon it was followed by a more conventional set of changes, to address variety of issues encountered over Solomons. Introduction of a new engine caused fuel reduction in the main tank which in turn cause maximum range reduction. In order to increase range, wingtips were reintroduced instead total wing area and lift and two additional fuel tanks were added near the wing tips. That version was known as A6M3 model 22 and went into production near the end of 1942. During its production also new long barrel cannons were introduced, allowing to use more potent shells and providing superior ballistics.

The final and most "popular" until the end of the war version was A6M5 model 52 introduced in summer of 1943. It retained the engine but received a new type of wing to take advantage of the improvements from model 32 while not carrying any of its flaws. New radio was also introduced. In order to improve performance aircraft was modified single exhaust stacks providing so called "jet thrust", instead of previously used inefficient collective system. This resulted in speed increase to about 565 km/h. Finally aircraft after few months of production, near the end of 1943 aircraft (first ones produced by Mitsubishi, later those manufactured by Nakajima) were provided with CO2 automatic fire extinguishers.

Throughout it's production aircraft went through further, but smaller, changes resulting in letter addition at the end of aircrafts designation. First in late 1943 / early 1944 was introduced A6M5a model 52a which had various structural changes increasing its Vne to 730 km/h in a dive and another armament improvement, as Zeros cannons up until this variant were fed from a 60 or 100 round magazines. A6M5a was provided with belt fed gun increasing cannon ammo load to 125 rounds per gun.

In June 1944 was introduced A6M5b model 52b with bulletproof windscreen and one of the 7.7 mm machine guns was replaced by 13.2 mm heavy machine gun to increase firepower.

Finally in October 1944 was introduced A6M5c model 52c addressing further the firepower issues and most importantly protection ones (at the expense of weight and performance). Aircraft was provided with two more 13.2 mm heavy machineguns, armored plate behind pilots back and under the wings rocket racks were mounted for air-to-air rocket projectiles. To address performance issues, aircraft was provided with Sakae 31A engine with improved supercharger increasing rated altitude from 6.000 m to 7.000 m.

There were also later versions of the machine, namely A6M6 and A6M7 but those arent really important and did not add anything valuable to the family.

All in all, while Zero did not see huge leaps such as Bf-109 or Spitfire family, throughout it's life span it saw a moderate speed increase (some 65 km/h) and performance increase, improvements in firepower and eventually in protection. But I would argue in regard to most other ww2 aircraft seeing massive leaps, that neither did see them comparable designs. F4F Wildcat even with final FM-2 variant did not close the performance gap, performance gains of Hellcat dash 3 to dash 5 were moderate at best. Only Corsair saw substantial improvements when it was provided with a new engine and propeller in a dash 4 version. Though it is true that F4U-1d had a substantial performance advantages against contemporary Zeros. In reality A6M was never expected to stand for so long in the first line and was supposed to be replaced by A7M by 1944. This did not materialize however since Mitsubishi failed to introduced a successor in time.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

There's been a nice mod by DOL, including a Japanese carrier: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3996702&postcount=74

Didn't hear much about it since a few month. :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

It doesn’t matter if the Zero is less capable than a Corsair. That’s what they had a lot of. Now, if we were to get a Tony or a Raiden etc, than that would be a different story.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.