DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

16 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

If there's not a map and some AI aircrafts and Assett to support the Corsair Mag3 will earn less money. More over ED has the final word on every release, so yes, I'm still saying that from a purely marketing standpoint it's the case.

Inviato dal mio RMO-NX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

A bold claim. I guess we'll find out at some point.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gunfreak said:
The Corsair had been in production for 8+ years ww2 Marinas 3.
What was Mag3 supposed do if ED didn't decide on making Marianas?
We have plenty of modules that don't really have a home.
Like I-16 and the upcoming LA-7.
MiG15. Viggen finally got a home last week, after 5+ years.

Someone need remember the first talking about a Corsair module coming when M3 was Leatherneck 3rd parties, when Mig-21bis was release and Lnk show a stub about a Iwo Jima map and a F4U.... Before break them and form Heatblur (and AJS-37)... And M3 (with rescue de Mig-21bis and start the CE2 to relearn making modules to DCS).... They put the F4U on "fridge" and Iwo Jima was depleted , they never form a map team as Heatblur (the claims about the baltic and north atlantic mais). On that times none has know about a Marianas.... Modern or WW2 by ED, was the times of the Channel.... And RRG studios "drama" modules.

Add to Octopus-G the incoming Po-2, show on the Chirsmast video, and that team has no a Assets Pack team. About maps, the same situations, Only ED and Ugra media make maps, bue UM has none a assets pack team yet.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Thanks 1

why does it need assets? most people wont buy it until it comes with a carrier, but I think thats a bit asinine. not having a european theater didnt stop people from buying the mustang or spitfire, and ED sold an assets pack to assist in sales with other terrains as they came out to support the era of aircraft. you're buying the aircraft itself, and thats all you really should expect. if the corsair wasnt such a big deal without japanese fighters and torpedo bombers to play against, then miltechs F4U wouldnt have sold at all. thats one of my favorite MSFS and P3D modules of all time.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

why does it need assets? most people wont buy it until it comes with a carrier, but I think thats a bit asinine. not having a european theater didnt stop people from buying the mustang or spitfire, and ED sold an assets pack to assist in sales with other terrains as they came out to support the era of aircraft. you're buying the aircraft itself, and thats all you really should expect. if the corsair wasnt such a big deal without japanese fighters and torpedo bombers to play against, then miltechs F4U wouldnt have sold at all. thats one of my favorite MSFS and P3D modules of all time.

Sorry mate but the fact that the Corsair is Your favorite MSFS and P3D module is pointless here.
Also You compare a civilian sym where You have nothing to do apart flight from A to B  without combat, and so every map and every assett theorically will be good because of it with a combat sym where You fly for fighting enemy that must (theorically...) of same era and within a contestual theater? Come on...
Finally please, try to remain polite, accusing people to be " a bit asinine" only because have an opinion different from Your is not correct and also didn't make Your opinion more valuable.
Thx.

16 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

Sorry mate but the fact that the Corsair is Your favorite MSFS and P3D module is pointless here.
Also You compare a civilian sym where You have nothing to do apart flight from A to B  without combat, and so every map and every assett theorically will be good because of it with a combat sym where You fly for fighting enemy that must (theorically...) of same era and within a contestual theater? Come on...
Finally please, try to remain polite, accusing people to be " a bit asinine" only because have an opinion different from Your is not correct and also didn't make Your opinion more valuable.
Thx.

What is incorrect with my asinine statement? Only one other 3rd party has come out explicitly stating they are going to release assets alongside of an aircraft, and that was Heatblur with the F-14 and they never had to nor need to. They have no obligation to you to release anything, much less than what they are offering and you are basically saying "gimme this gimme that too or Im not buying it". If you're going to ask for all that, why not just come out and ask for all the variations of the F4U as well? Again, asinine. $50 dollar module, 8 years for 3 people to develop...and you want the whole pacific theater and everything in it? Come on.

Asinine = stupid or foolish;  Accurate description.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

What is incorrect with my asinine statement? Only one other 3rd party has come out explicitly stating they are going to release assets alongside of an aircraft, and that was Heatblur with the F-14 and they never had to nor need to. They have no obligation to you to release anything, much less than what they are offering and you are basically saying "gimme this gimme that too or Im not buying it". If you're going to ask for all that, why not just come out and ask for all the variations of the F4U as well? Again, asinine. $50 dollar module, 8 years for 3 people to develop...and you want the whole pacific theater and everything in it? Come on.
Asinine = stupid or foolish;  Accurate description.
The only thing that was correct on Your statement is the definition of asinine, that match You perfectly. Read all 3 or more time before writing things that are not pertinent with the discussion or that You referring to "people or You said" when nobody ever said nothing similar. Regrettably forum give words to people than normally spoke only to make air circulating in their mouth. Cause talking with a "rock" is meaningless to me I will stop here to reply to You, whichever thing you You will write. So spare Your time. Bye.

• ED Team

folks  please stick to DCS here and treat each other with respect. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Well the Corsair already comes with a carrier. And assets that has nothing to do with ED.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Well the Corsair already comes with a carrier. And assets that has nothing to do with ED.

And some more stuff...

• Weapons:
    • SWOD Mark 9 Model 1 (ASM-N-2 Bat after war)
    • Tiny Tim Rockets (on progress)

M3 PTO Assets pack (M3 Assets pack team):

• Aircrafts: 
    • Some IJN/IJA aircraft's
  • Ships:
    • USS Yorktown (CV-10) "Long-hull" Essex (Ticonderoga class)
    • Commencement Bay CVE (planned?) (rummors by a -Ruddel- pic, no confirmed)
    • Other IJN ships
  • Vehicles:
    • 8 cm/40 3rd Year Type naval gun.
    • Type 2 Ka-Mi amphibious tank.
    • Type 88 75 mm AA gun.
    • Type 89 I-Go medium tank
    • Type 94 Truck.
    • Type 95 Ha-Go light tank.
    • Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun.
    • Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tank.

And ED has making your propper stuff with the F6F Hellcat

• Map
    • Marianas WW2 (free)
  • PTO Assets pack (ED Assets pack team):
    • Air Units
      • AM6 Zero
      • Others UsN/Marines/IJN/IJN aircrafts
    • Naval Units
      • USS Enterprise CV-6 Yorktown class carrier
      • Mogami CVL/CA
      • Others IJN/UsN Ships
    • Infantry units
      • Some IJA/US infatry?
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Well, the corsair is all I am expecting and thats all I want. Why would anyone want and expect more than that? Again, asinine.

My wallpaper and skins

11 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Totally agree, so speak with... Hammer 1-1 please emoji106.png

Dude...get off that soapbox please. The context I used is it is foolish to expect or demand more than the aircraft itself.  You dont like the context, fine. Nice little ignore button that helps assist in that. Dont let me stop you from using it. Be happy with what you get, be glad you got it in the first place, and if you get more than you expect, be ecstatic and enthusiastic with what bonus stuff you got. Being demanding about getting more than what you pay for is...how to put this...incredibly rude? Childish even? Let it go.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

33 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Well, the corsair is all I am expecting and thats all I want. Why would anyone want and expect more than that? Again, asinine.

I have no idea what you're on about.

The Corsair comes with a carrier and ground and air AI assets. That's been clear for years and based on Mag3s "communication" those assets have been ready for years. And we're waiting for something to be finished on the Corsair, exactly what is impossible to know. It's been 8 months since last communication from mag3. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

I have no idea what you're on about.

The Corsair comes with a carrier and ground and air AI assets. That's been clear for years and based on Mag3s "communication" those assets have been ready for years. And we're waiting for something to be finished on the Corsair, exactly what is impossible to know. It's been 8 months since last communication from mag3. 

What I am on about (and why is this confusing to you?) is that all you should expect is "the aircraft". Again, if they promise ANYTHING more, be happy with that, will you? Can you do that, please?? If they have anything to report, or wish to say something, they will. No need getting worked up over anything you cant control.

How many times do I have to suggest to just....chill out?

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

Mustang didn't need any period assets in 2012 to sell well, Sabre didn't need any either in 2015'ish to sell well. We don't really know how "ready" that carrier and Japanese tanks are (after all, Corsair external model was already "ready" once before they decided to start redoing it again).

If the plane doesn't come with something extra at the same date, I'm buying it anyway 'cause it's just going to be the best simulated Corsair to date. DCS stopped being flight sim for combat-enthusiasts-only years ago. If it does, good, the more the better.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.