Trimming the A10C

JCook

I am looking for some help in trimming the A10C. Trying to get the hardware and game interface settings to the point where taking my hand off the joystick in straight and level flight, will keep the plane in straight and level flight.

The A10 will either climb and or turn instead of flying level.

I`ve got the

- TM warthog grip

- Virpil curved stick extension

- Straight extension

- Virpil MongoosT50CM2

- Virpil Base plate

I'm using the medium springs in the Mongoos

I've played around with deadzones, curves and saturation but not getting any closer to a solution...

Flying the A10C is a constsnt effort to keep it from climbing. Using the trim controls don't help.

Seems very unrealidtic to real world flying.

If anyone has had success setting up the sim in a trimmed configuration, please let me know.

Thanks

20200920_212742.thumb.jpg.c5a532c26d4097d5460d752658808330.jpg

After trimming, how quickly does it depart straight and level?

Without a fly by wire, it’s usually impossible to trim the A-10 for prolonged “hands off”. You should, however, but able to trim so that only small deflections from center are required every few seconds.

Confirm that your SAS channels are all engaged properly, and that you don’t have any duplicate bindings to any of your flight control axis.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

FFB?

Force Feed Back.

It's under "settings" then "options" or "Gameplay" tab I believe in game, one of those anyway. Just un-tick the check box to turn it off.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You can get it so it flies straight and level but it won't stay there forever. Just put it in AP. It's easier.
Not a good tip ;)

The best to do here is "getting used to trim!" and with that I mean "trim after every(!) input you give!".

As soon as you are used to, which takes a while, sure, your flying skills will drastically improve, trust me ;)

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Not a good tip ;)

The best to do here is "getting used to trim!" and with that I mean "trim after every(!) input you give!".

As soon as you are used to, which takes a while, sure, your flying skills will drastically improve, trust me ;)

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I didn't say to stop trimming. You can't use AP all the time. However, if you think you can trim the plane and have it hold it for a long flight. You're in for frustrations. Better to use AP in that situation. I always trim the plane before putting it in AP.

I didn't think I needed to explain this to the OP. He's not new to DCS.

Buzz

She ain't no f16 - f18 fbw. You got to fly her and trim any changes trim. All hands on, then use auto p from time to time.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 1 year later...

After leaving the A10C for awhile, now back trying to fly this beast but couldn't do it at all.

Have i missed something or not doing the correct way.  All keys are binded, but not see any movement(outside F2 view) on the ailerons.

Did some flying but it keep pitiching up and banking let alone on auto pilot.

Any advise would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, weijas said:

Any advise would be appreciated.

Load a takeoff instant action mission (i.e. it starts you on the runway ready for takeoff), go to the outside view and move all controls fully in every direction. Do they all move in reaction to your stick? Fully and in the correct way?

if you have multiple screens and click on a screen that is not dcs, all inputs will be missed.

For example, if you are watching YouTube videos on another monitor while flying, you might have forgotten to click back in the dcs window after clicking on a YouTube button.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

8 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

Load a takeoff instant action mission (i.e. it starts you on the runway ready for takeoff), go to the outside view and move all controls fully in every direction. Do they all move in reaction to your stick? Fully and in the correct way?

7 hours ago, skypickle said:

if you have multiple screens and click on a screen that is not dcs, all inputs will be missed.

For example, if you are watching YouTube videos on another monitor while flying, you might have forgotten to click back in the dcs window after clicking on a YouTube button.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:56 PM, bart said:

Force Feed Back.

It's under "settings" then "options" or "Gameplay" tab I believe in game, one of those anyway. Just un-tick the check box to turn it off.

This works for me.

Cheers.  Happy Holiday