Mission 1 Problem 2.5.6 OB

Musicman2018

Hello,

The hotfix to 2.5.6 from ED unfortunately does not fix the problem of the invisible Wolf1!

Good luck with the needed corrections,

Thanks for the information.

The problem is related to a ME TRigger not working right now. So we plan no changes to that because ED needs to fix the triggers anyway.

But it seems to be a good idea to play Campaigns on the stable and leave them at 2.55 for a while regardless of any upcoming stable update. :smilewink:

Thinks like troop transport are also broken and in the past, they took some bugs into the stable in order to provide the big changes there within a short time :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For your information I tried to fly mission 1 in our latest 2.5.6, everything was OK at the beginning, I was able to see Wolf 1 and we flew together.

Later on in the mission, I got some trouble:

We check the bridge, then the first Electric Post and the second ... Wolf 1 ask me to follow the vehicle.

But I was unable to see and follow it, after a while, Wolf 1 fired on something "invisible", my gunners were in free fire, but not firing. I have been wait for sometimes, hovering, but nothing happened, so I quit

I any case, thank you for your campaign, hope you can fix it :)

Fly safe

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

Fly safe

To be fair, first we must wait till 2.5.6 is released as stable before CHPL should fix anything. As long as you decide to run beta software, you must accept the fact that something doesn't work.

Maybe after 2.5.6 is stable there won't be any need to fix any campaign that works in 2.5.5.

I recently did this campaign, and it works just fine in v2.5.5.

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Hello,

For your information I tried to fly mission 1 in our latest 2.5.6, everything was OK at the beginning, I was able to see Wolf 1 and we flew together.

Later on in the mission, I got some trouble:

We check the bridge, then the first Electric Post and the second ... Wolf 1 ask me to follow the vehicle.

But I was unable to see and follow it, after a while, Wolf 1 fired on something "invisible", my gunners were in free fire, but not firing. I have been wait for sometimes, hovering, but nothing happened, so I quit

Fly safe

Please refer to the following thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=265726

The campaign itself runs fine in 2.55, but 2.56 has some issues.

We hope ED will fix all the issues before moving the stable to 2.56. The problems are related to the mission editor are core features of DCS and for us, there is nearly no way to fix it.

The only way, as we did in Mission 3, is deleting triggers and related ground units, but that is not the way we want to go because of its impact in the story and immersion, and ED has to fix the problems anyway.

We also right now test all missions in 2.56 to identify issues and problems and report them with a reliable description and test miz to ED.

At the moment we can say that ED is committed to solving all of the problems as fast as possible, taking them seriously and we are in close contact.

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Same problem, got stuck on "Bridge Take-off 1". nothing helped me to proceed. But maybe good idea to switch on stable, since i dont play multiplayer at all and not interested in EA modules first couple of months.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Same problem, got stuck on "Bridge Take-off 1". nothing helped me to proceed. But maybe good idea to switch on stable, since i dont play multiplayer at all and not interested in EA modules first couple of months.

If you go back to 2.55 Stable save the Missions 1,2, and 3 first. just in case the may be replaced as well with the older ones. :smilewink:

We asked ED already for a small mission update for the stable. So let us see what comes first.

For us, it is also frustrating that all the work fo the update was useless in 2,56 until now. :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

Hi,

No news for this campaign on the DCS 2.5.6.45915 Open Beta 2020-03-31 update?

Looking forward to fly it but I don’t want to roll back to 2.5.5.

Tks,

Sydy

It will take some time.

ED still sees the problems as a mission issue.

If they don't fix the problem in a short time we will change the missions to circle around the problem. Already thinking about ways to do so.

Always happy landings ;)

It will take some time.

ED still sees the problems as a mission issue.

If they don't fix the problem in a short time we will change the missions to circle around the problem. Already thinking about ways to do so.

CHPL,

We got lucky! Just flew the Mission 1 and it worked like a charm. Pls, try yourself also!

Wolf 1 did all he was supposed to do. (IMHO)

All th best,

Sydy

• 1 month later...

Literally hopped into the campaign having waited on the advice of WA for the last update with the fixes so as not to ruin the experience as i have been looking forward to this one.

Mission 1, started her up after instructed, looks right and this is what i see out my window....:music_whistling:

:doh:

Literally hopped into the campaign having waited on the advice of WA for the last update with the fixes so as not to ruin the experience as i have been looking forward to this one.

Mission 1, started her up after instructed, looks right and this is what i see out my window....:music_whistling:

:doh:

This was strange, but a single occurrence? Or this happening all the time?

Always happy landings ;)

Like i say it's literally the first time i have started the campaign. Wolf 1 landed next to it (dangerously close to it) at mission end.

Top notch mission though, very enjoyable, very immersive and challenging aswell. :pilotfly:

Like i say it's literally the first time i have started the campaign. Wolf 1 landed next to it (dangerously close to it) at mission end.

Top notch mission though, very enjoyable, very immersive and challenging aswell. :pilotfly:

So the God news is. You finished the mission.

Never heard about that issue bevore. Maybe nobody was looking out of the window.

Will check that out anyway and post my findings here.

Thanks for the report.

Always happy landings ;)

@Bagpipe

Again many thanks for reporting the issue, even when it was not important for the mission.

It is a new issue in 2.5.6 BETA, and I reported that to ED today.

Obviously, the beta has problems to correctly position aircraft on the ground. If you know what to look for you can already see the bug in the Missions Editor.

The bug will either fixed by ED or the Mission will be updated with a version adapted to 2.5.6.

As far as we know the problem for any reason appears only in Mission 1, so i wish you a lot of fun with the remaining missions as well.

Always happy landings ;)

@Bagpipe

Again many thanks for reporting the issue, even when it was not important for the mission.

It is a new issue in 2.5.6 BETA, and I reported that to ED today.

Obviously, the beta has problems to correctly position aircraft on the ground. If you know what to look for you can already see the bug in the Missions Editor.

The bug will either fixed by ED or the Mission will be updated with a version adapted to 2.5.6.

As far as we know the problem for any reason appears only in Mission 1, so i wish you a lot of fun with the remaining missions as well.

Yeah, was just an odd sight and i had assumed it was an OB issue to be fair.

Thank you for the campaign and i can't wait to carry on with it :joystick:

The good News is ED is working hard on many fronts upgrading DCS and making it eaven better. But therby many issues comming up and needed to be solved.

We do our best to keep up with the changes and to ensure the campaign is fully playable. So we really apprishiate anny information about strange AI behavior or bugs.

Many thanks for your pations and support.

Always happy landings ;)

This happens all the time (latest beta). Huey on the right side is fine at the beginning. When SA342 is taking off, huey gets broken.

Not the best view for very first impression of the campaign.

Thanks for a great campaign anyway, I love it.

This happens all the time (latest beta). Huey on the right side is fine at the beginning. When SA342 is taking off, huey gets broken.

Not the best view for very first impression of the campaign.

Thanks for a great campaign anyway, I love it.

You are so right about it. :cry:

No matter how hard we try, DCS is a dynamic product under development and in Beta we will always be one step behind.

That this happened right at the beginning of the first mission is more than annoying and makes our work even harder than it already is.

But still. You won't find this bug in the stable version either, at least not yet. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

I tried to play the first mission today in OB. The mission looks very well done and everything was working fine until I just exploded in mid air when approaching the first bridge (not sure what happened - there were no enemies, so I think it was due to a bug).

Here are some other things I noticed and list here because it might help you when hunting for bugs:

- in the beginning shortly before Wolf 1 is taking off there is car driving straight through Wolf 1 (no collision is happening but not so good for immersion)

- after we visited the Admiral and I got a confirmation message that I leave their radar zone and was already past Batumi I still get messages from the Carrier to watch my altitude (it seems the trigger to deactivate those messages isnt working)

- also noticed some minor typos in the subtitles

anthill (Ameisenhaufen) / until

bevor / before

vue / view

That's it for now. Will continue to fly the campaign in stable. Looks very good so far.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Okay, I found out you just explode out of thin air if you dont hold the formation properly. This happens in OB and in stable.

I hope this is a bug that will be fixed. Im not investing 1 hour of my time and then just die while I leave formation to cover Wolf 1 who is inspecting the first bridge. I really hope this is not by design.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!