Data Link and Wingman commands not working as before?

monkie

I don't have nearly the success in getting wing men to follow commands in relation to Data Link items on the ABRIS with 2.5.2 Alpha.

It's a hit and miss process trying to get the wingmen to fly to created ingress points. In 1.5.8 it seems to work without much issue though so maybe something has changed.

I create the point using the Shkval, reset the system, then try to uplink the point to the selected wingman. I'm using Devrims english cockpit and so the lights aren't exactly working (they are grey) but that shouldn't be affecting things.

One thing seems to have changed in 2.5.2 After selecting the Ingress Point, and the wingman, the Send button flashes until it's pressed. This is not the same behavior in 1.5.8

Either way I can occasionally get them to fly to the designated point but usually the answer is Unable or Negative. The fact that I can do it some of the time makes me think it's an AI issue.

Anyone else having issues?

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Yes it does not work ATM.

check bugs in bug thread, it's reported.

Not many ppl working on Black Shark these days, compared to F/A-18 hype, it's understandable. Hope that won't last long. BS should be a finished product after all.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 3 weeks later...

I am really unhappy about this, basically when I see my wingman on recon, the never data link back the targets.

I fixed the data link buttons by editing the cockpit graphic files.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/romiko.me/DCS%2FKA-50%2FCockpit_Ka-50%2FKa-50%20buttons_ENG.dds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

I don't see problem with the latest update (except button illumination), but AI is still dumb when there is a medium SAM vehicle :p

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)