Mission 5: Silent Strike

Kazius

So I flew this twice now and both times didn't see the Mi-24's in the debrief log.

So I went into the mission editor to see what was going on and they are set for late activation, 00:00:00/0. Mission takes place at 01:40:00.

I am willing to fix this for myself, just need to know the intended correct time these choppers are supposed to start. I would like to fly the mission as intended (one exception, I changed the A-10's to Canada and fictional livery :P).

Didn't see any replies to this so far. Took the Mi-24s off late activation and tried it with them starting at same time mission starts. All they did according to the debrief was each fired an AT-6 then went and landed.

Guess I will just edit my logbook to skip this mission.

Didn't see any replies to this so far. Took the Mi-24s off late activation and tried it with them starting at same time mission starts. All they did according to the debrief was each fired an AT-6 then went and landed.

Guess I will just edit my logbook to skip this mission.

Instead of playing the missions one by one and hoping that DCS aknowledge your success (doesn't work 100%) play the single missions. You find the single mission by selecting "mission" instead of "campaign" on the main screen. There you just need to browse to the campaign folder and start the missions one by one. It's also much "easier" than editing the log since this does not affect the log at all.

Side note: It is a pity that ED has such a bad support of the campaigns. It may be lack of staff. The campaigns are good but also complex too. Baltic Dragon or Maple Flag does a much better work in this regard. Despite of this: keep the good work up

Edited by Emuyen

Thanks Emuyen, for this campaign that would work but some of the campaigns have 3 missions listed for each stage, for which makes it a bit more random.

I also agree that it is a little disappointing in the lack of support for the campaigns, especially ones we pay for. However, I would rather see them continuing development of planes and terrains as a priority. I am good with the editor but for Stone Shield they did some odd things that are hidden to us. They have no triggers in there missions that I see, so I think the campaign might actually use hidden triggers.

Now that I think of it, I might have messed up the missions by making my own copy and then changing the A-10C's from USA to Canada fictional and saving. I will maybe try playing through the original to see if the missions are messed up. I don't mind flying these over and over. Its good practice and still a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...