Rank Promotion

Eaglewings

Pfft. I'm a Major (really LCDR, but ED discriminates) with a MOH, AFC, DFC, SS, PH, etc, etc, etc. I should be invited to the white house for soirees with foreign dignitaries if you look at the salad bar on my uniform.

Of course I can't fly for crap. My carrier landings cause apoplectic seizures among the LSO teams, the deck crew dives for cover the moment I spawn, the co-pilot in the Huey bails out (even on air-starts at 3,000 meters).

But I have a Medal of Honor. For something.

• Like 1

Wait , so did they have changed the log feature? I used to loose all of my datas after reinstalls so I just stopped caring about my datas.

While it would have been really nice to know how many hours I have had with each of my modules.

Are these datas stored in a cloud now?

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Wait , so did they have changed the log feature? I used to loose all of my datas after reinstalls so I just stopped caring about my datas.

While it would have been really nice to know how many hours I have had with each of my modules.

Are these datas stored in a cloud now?

You can periodically copy and save the "logbook" word file... after a new install you place it at the respective folder.

On Windows 7 it's in :

C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

You can periodically copy and save the "logbook" word file... after a new install you place it at the respective folder.

On Windows 7 it's in :

C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

Thanks. I might do that the next time. I am just sad that I should have done this every time in the past but I did not. It would be interesting to see how many hours I have spent flying each of my moduels now I have no idea. :D

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Pfft. I'm a Major (really LCDR, but ED discriminates) with a MOH, AFC, DFC, SS, PH, etc, etc, etc. I should be invited to the white house for soirees with foreign dignitaries if you look at the salad bar on my uniform.

Of course I can't fly for crap. My carrier landings cause apoplectic seizures among the LSO teams, the deck crew dives for cover the moment I spawn, the co-pilot in the Huey bails out (even on air-starts at 3,000 meters).

But I have a Medal of Honor. For something.

I got the medal of honor last night after flying right into an MI-24 Helo or whatever it was called. So they gave it to me posthumously for sacrificing myself to save my wingman from having to do anything at all.:joystick:

• Like 1

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 2 years later...

Every time I do a update, I lose everything, all the hours and medals earned.
is there a way to recover that ??

Thanks and Clear Skies
   Mike
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to Juice from the Air Warfare Group, I learned that I was losing everything because every time I updated My Nvidia drivers
I was not allowing it to just update, I went in and changed settings here and there.   Thanks to Juice, that problem is gone.

Edited by ctguy1955
found out what was the problem.

2 hours ago, ctguy1955 said:

Every time I do a update, I lose everything, all the hours and medals earned.
is there a way to recover that ??

Thanks and Clear Skies
   Mike

Back up your Saved Games folder. Something is clearly wrong, because nothing there should be overwritten.

Cheers!

• 5 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Home Fries said:

Awards are score based. Promotions are time dependent.

Hello @Home Fries and anyone who can share any insight,

Just reached today the 240 hours with my pilot profile for the F-14 - therefore Navy pilot ranks, as I have the 'logbook improvements mod' installed.

... however its rank is still 'Commander' instead of 'Captain'.

Any opinion on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Strange...

Flight hours : 240 h, 34 mins - was still "Commander" (Navy ranks)

Flight hours : 241 h, 03 mins - finally got to "Captain" rank

Was this discrepancy possibly caused by an error in past edits (from me) of the logbook file ?

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 4 months later...

i think DCS ranking shouldnt stop at Colonel this promotion thing is like reputation,  and DCS need a bit more of that, some DCS pilots like actually enjoy that...the loogbook in DCS is a dead book no one cares about it but the person so...improve it, after Colonel no one gcares about it,  in real life pilots gain and are known for their skills, charisma and rank,  DCS need a lot of sprinkle powders to make it more fun, the "fun department" is sleeping